Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin

Acura Dealership in Middleton WI Rant

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 09:44 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Acura Dealership in Middleton WI Rant

I took my 2006 NBP TL in for service to have them replace the bulbs for the heated seats when they burned out and they gave me a 2009 TL for a loaner. I took my car in a rainy day, so of course I got into the new TL as soon as I signed all the paperwork for my car (to check it out) and mainly to get out of the rain.

Well later that day, I noticed there was a ding on the trunk lid and I called the dealership to let them know. Turns out they're holding me responsible for the costs to fix it. I know most of us are pretty careful/attentive with our cars, so it would have been nice to give the car a proper inspection before taking it out. I understand the dealership's point of view, since the car was supposedly cherry before I took it out, then dinged up when brought back, but I guess this is just the $120 lesson for me. Heads up for everyone else: have the dealership bring the car into the covered drop-off area and make them dry/squeegee the vehicle off before you take it. Don't be like me
Old 09-01-2009, 09:58 AM
Registered Member

Received 385 Likes on 234 Posts
damn that sicks.....
Old 09-01-2009, 11:58 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Ouch! Sorry to hear this............
Old 09-01-2009, 12:59 PM
Intermediate

I guess it could've been worse. If they couldn't get the ding out they would've had be for a brand new trunk lid. $500 bones
Old 09-08-2009, 09:04 PM
05 TL 6mt

Would the dealership you mentioned be Zimbrick Acura? If so, times have changed. My brother bought a Type R from there and seemed to have had really good service whenever he used to take it out there. Sorry to hear about your experience.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:51 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TLUWHAT
Would the dealership you mentioned be Zimbrick Acura? If so, times have changed. My brother bought a Type R from there and seemed to have had really good service whenever he used to take it out there. Sorry to hear about your experience.
Yes, it was the Zimbrick dealership on Middleton. The service part of my visit was very good as well, actually. They replaced my heated seat bulbs free of charge, and they were able to find a trim piece for the driver's side window on my 2006 TL (not free, but needed)

My only complaint really was regarding the loaner. First off, I was only supposed to have the loaner for Friday morning-afternoon, but as soon as I started driving back, the service manager called and informed me that they actually didn't have the bulbs they claimed to have in stock. They let me keep the loaner over the weekend, which was fine, but it kind of sucked when it came to the ding since I never had the opportunity to give the vehicle my own personal inspection.

The truth of the matter is, I barely ever even used the trunk, and when I did, I always closed it by the handle on the inside and never touched the actual decklid (which is what I do with my own car). Even after the service manager sent the car into a bodyshop to get the ding looked at, he told me that it would have been extremely difficult for somebody to do it by hand. I just really felt that the ding was present before I took the vehicle from their dealership.

In retrospect, I can't say that I don't see where the manager is coming from: according to their records, the vehicle was returned to them before going out with me completely ding free. I understand that they have to be made whole, and really, if I had gone to rent a vehicle from Hertz (etc), I would have been held responsible for any damage to the car regardless if I had been the cause or not. The repair ended up costing ~$80 which was better than the original $120-500 (new decklid) estimate they gave me beforehand, but it's enough for me to learn now that I will be asking the service technician to bring a loaner vehicle in and squeegee it off so I can look over it myself.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:23 PM
10th Gear

Sorry to hear about this. I used to work there (detailer in high school) and my neighbor works in the parts department.

Jeff L.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
That dealer has always been really great for me the few times i brought it there for service. They picked up the tab on one of my trans failures (around 120k miles) and worked hard to get acura to cover another one (the first failure before there was an extended warranty for them). The whole Zimbrick line has been pretty good. My dad had the best experience he ever had buying buying a car when he bought a Genesis Sedan from them.