Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin

2012 2nd Annual Dyno Day For Dogs! @ Horizon Audio N. Canton, OH

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 03:45 PM
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
2012 2nd Annual Dyno Day For Dogs! @ Horizon Audio N. Canton, OH

This will be the follow up to last year's surprisingly successful event, with all proceeds going to the Stark County Humane Society. I say surprisingly, because we had 120+ cars, based purely off word of mouth, even with bad weather, there were many nice cars, no drama, and the amount of donations for the Humane Society was STAGGERING!!!! The dyno will be supplied by SlowMotion Motorsports, and food will once again be provided by Quaker Steak & Lube ONLY for those that donate!!!! I feel there should be at least DOUBLE or TRIPLE the attendance of last year's event, for several reasons, as well as double the donations (food/toys/cat litter/money/etc.) for the charity!

We all have seen the depressing ASPCA commercials with Sarah McLachlan, and whether you donate or not, you can't help but wonder if your donation is helping the animals out or not. Well I can tell you FIRST HAND, I've been to the SCHS, and I've seen what they're accomplishing, and without a doubt in my mind, everyone's donations last year were not only welcome, they were necessary. This is a place that operates almost ENTIRELY off of donations, and luckily, there were some very generous and great people at last year's event who did just that!

Besides all that, this is an opportunity for a fun cruise-in, with no judging, just a relaxed atmosphere to park your car, and enjoy everyone else's. How many opportunities do we get a year to do this, without driving out of state? Not too many. Let's do it again this year, with:

-Optional Team Rally for Prizes from 8am-11am before the show!!!
-Quaker Steak & Lube for those that donate!
-SlowMotion portable 2WD/AWD dyno!
-Adoptable dogs on site!
-Great music (THIS year!)
-Port-a-Johns!
-Raffles for actually GREAT prizes!
-MORE GREAT CARS!
-Magazine Coverage!
-Audio & Performance manufacturers/demo cars!
I will definitely be going to this, as well as a few other members on here. Just wanted to spread the word.

Link:
http://www.facebook.com/events/211765252241306/