Mid-Atlantic Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington DC & West Virginia

Washington DC cherry blossom

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 10:05 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Washington DC cherry blossom

Hello to the people that have attended the cherry blossom festival in Washington DC. I am planning a trip this Monday 3/26 I need to know exactly where to go, where to park. Do anyone have any input for me?
Thanks in advance
Old 03-21-2012, 08:00 AM
Chapter Leader (Mid-Atlantic Region)

Received 269 Likes on 225 Posts
Sad that im from around the area but I never drive to DC for the cherry blossom's because traffic and parking is too hectic. I always take the metro down there ( even that is congested ) so I can't really help you with where to park. sorry

http://dc.about.com/od/transportatio...FTransport.htm

Check out that article, hope it helps
Old 03-21-2012, 10:11 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Best idea = DO NOT DRIVE.

The parking in the area is a nightmare during the peak cherry blossom season, even during the weekdays because it tends to coincide with many spring breaks. If you can, take the Metro or utilize the bike share to get to the tidal basin. They recently added additional stations near the tidal basin where the cherry blossoms are located.

If you must drive, be prepared to pay quite a bit for the parking if you are in a garage or have to move your car frequently since the majority of on-street parking in DC is a 2-hour limit during weekdays. There are some parking spaces in a few lots spread out near the tidal basin for the various memorials (MLK, Jefferson, etc.) but they tend to fill up pretty quickly and parking enforcement is usually much higher during cherry blossom season because it generates a lot of parking ticket revenue.

Highly recommend that you stay in Arlington somewhere and then use the bike share to get into the city. Much more pleasant experience and a 24-hour pass is just $5 per person and you can get around much of the city just using the bike share.