Mid-Atlantic Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington DC & West Virginia

Towing question..

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 07:04 PM
Chapter Leader (Mid-Atlantic Region)

Received 269 Likes on 225 Posts
Angry Towing question..

Just wanted to rant..

So earlier today after work i decided to stop by the 7-11 across the street to pick up a slurpee. Parking area was getting filled so i had to park in the area that said <---> for dental office etc.. which was right next to the 7-11. I get out my car, went into the store, got me a slurpee.. and all within 5 mins, i come out to find my car gone. I asked a couple who were near by at the time fixing their car and they said they saw a tow truck came by. So i called the number posted on the sign that said if my car has been towed to call _ _ _ ..I called and they said they had my car.

I know those bastards were eyeing me as soon as i walk in the store, they come tow.

My question is.. can they really tow a car thats been only sitting there for 5 mins max? i know i was wrong at parking at the dental spot, but the lot was packed which left me no choice but to park in that area. The sign didnt even give a notice of time frame when you can or cannot park. This will probably be the most expansive slurpee in my life.. $114 the lot where my car was sitting at looked shady too, just 1 small trailer house looking with the address number spray painted on.. and a fence all around.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:16 PM
FEEL MY FLOW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately.. YES, the opportunistic motherf*#kers have the right to tow you if they have an arrangement with the owner of the lot. (since it is technically private property)

Consider yourself lucky.. if you were in the city (in my case it was Pittsburgh) it can get A LOT more expensive!!!

Sorry man.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by diamondblues
Unfortunately.. YES, the opportunistic motherf*#kers have the right to tow you if they have an arrangement with the owner of the lot. (since it is technically private property)

Consider yourself lucky.. if you were in the city (in my case it was Pittsburgh) it can get A LOT more expensive!!!

Sorry man.
thanks for quick response and clarifying Diamondblues

yeah, i thought so too, but i was just pissed that all within 5 mins, my car was no where in site. At least i would expected to see the car in the process of getting lifted or at the traffic light.. but nope.

Luckily, I work right across the street so i walked back to work and told the story to my boss. He drove me to go to pick up the car and was so nice to pay for my fee
Old 07-15-2009, 07:37 PM
FEEL MY FLOW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Twisdit
thanks for quick response and clarifying Diamondblues

yeah, i thought so too, but i was just pissed that all within 5 mins, my car was no where in site. At least i would expected to see the car in the process of getting lifted or at the traffic light.. but nope.

Luckily, I work right across the street so i walked back to work and told the story to my boss. He drove me to go to pick up the car and was so nice to pay for my fee
No problem man.. Sorry again that they got you.
Next time you see one of their trucks just throw a slurpee at them.. lol
Old 07-15-2009, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by diamondblues
No problem man.. Sorry again that they got you.
Next time you see one of their trucks just throw a slurpee at them.. lol
lol i should just go back there to the same spot i parked and stay in the car.. see whats gonna happen.. they gonna tow my car with me in the car??