AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   Mid-Atlantic (https://acurazine.com/forums/mid-atlantic-311/)
-   -   SOVA/Virginia Beach Meet - May 11th!!! (https://acurazine.com/forums/mid-atlantic-311/sova-virginia-beach-meet-may-11th-886032/)

Tannis 04-24-2013 07:12 PM

SOVA/Virginia Beach Meet - May 11th!!!

What - Southern Virginia Mini Meet - All makes and models welcome!
When - May 11th @ 6:30PM. Goes until 11PM!!!
Where - Meet at Starbucks - 465 Investors Pl, Virginia Beach, VA
Who - YOU!
Why - Because I said so!!!
How - Get in your car and drive

RAIN DATE IS THE FOLLOWING SATURDAY

The particulars: We will meet in the Golden Corral parking lot just on the other side of the Starbucks drive through lane if the Starbucks lot is full.

Dinner at Chik-Fil-A or Tropical Smoothie will follow after we get everyone there. Cruise after dinner and then head to hang-out spot at Haygood Shopping Center on Independence. This area has a Starbucks for people like me and a Tropical Smoothie for people like Adrian. We will do pictures courtesy of Morgan. :toocool: Yes Morgan, you've been voluntold. :thumbsup:

So please show your support and join us!!!!

:vtec::yikes::scrib:

Saturday is a really great time to get everyone over there as there are usually a hundred or more that gather. You can see anything from a really tuned out '89 Civic Hatch to a GTR or even sometimes a Ferrari. Just depends on weather.

***Please keep in mind that revving and burnouts for our group will not be tolerated. It is extremely annoying, attracts the attention of police (and they WILL be there along with a tow truck for the out-of-control types) and will subsequently get us all kicked out and some cars impounded. But they leave us alone otherwise if people are behaving. Act like you would at a C&C.***

As a side note to anyone that likes to take late-evening drives, I plan on making such a drive after most people take off with the exception of those who wish to drive with me. (pm me if you plan on doing so)

For anyone requiring additional information, please PM me and I will respond as quickly as possible.

If this picks up I intend on holding meets starting at my place with a cookout and a cruise later this summer. So let's get this list rolling!

Tannis 04-24-2013 07:13 PM

1. Tannis

yn1scott 04-24-2013 07:34 PM

1. Tannis
2. yn1Scott

Now this is what Im talking about.

upnout 04-24-2013 08:00 PM

Hmmm

Pearl TL-S 04-26-2013 11:27 AM

1. Tannis
2. yn1Scott
3. Pearl TL-S

Im down...

t0talacuratl 04-26-2013 09:21 PM

1. Tannis
2. yn1Scott
3. Pearl TL-S
4. t0talacuratl

Rare-rid!

AccordFlex 04-27-2013 11:47 AM

4 hours drive for me, otherwise I'd be down.

AnthonyCM 04-27-2013 03:33 PM

dam if i can get my car in time i might come out to at least meet ya'll

Tannis 04-27-2013 09:14 PM

yeah, this is mostly something to try to generate a somewhat dead scene over here within this segment. If we get a lot of interest then I'll start looking for sponsors and see about coordinating a real event through multiple forums. As of right now, if you live any further than Richmond, I wouldn't recommend it since it will still be very small in scale. Mostly looking for local support right now throughout Hampton Roads. Do appreciate the enthusiasm! Wish you were closer.

civicdrivr 04-28-2013 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Tannis (Post 14445013)
Starbucks... Starbucks..... Starbucks.... Starbucks

:whyme: :rofl:

Originally Posted by Tannis (Post 14445013)
We will do pictures courtesy of Morgan.[/B] :toocool: Yes Morgan, you've been voluntold. :thumbsup:

:spit: Voluntold! :rofl:

Of course I'm in.

1. Tannis
2. yn1Scott
3. Pearl TL-S
4. t0talacuratl
5. civicdrivr

BTW, not sure if any of you guys are aware, but Springfest is on the 11th as well:

http://www.sumospeed.com/springfest-2013

I may go to that as well, but Ill just park in the normal parking ($5) since my car isn't winning any trophies.

Tannis 05-02-2013 02:28 PM

Unquoted quote by civicdrvr-

"BTW, not sure if any of you guys are aware, but Springfest is on the 11th as well:

http://www.sumospeed.com/springfest-2013

I may go to that as well, but Ill just park in the normal parking ($5) since my car isn't winning any trophies."

Actually I just found this out today when I was at the body shop. My painter guy at Stock or Modified is one of the sponsors so I'm definitely going. This kind of changes things a bit as well. Since most everyone else is local and Morgan, you are thinking of heading out early anyway, should we just get together earlier after the meet and kick it? We could still go for a cruise and then right after get dinner and Morgan could get home before his 8:30 bedtime. ;)

But seriously, it might serve everyone better to do it earlier and if you are already heading to the Sumospeed event, let's get together just before and roll over together.

Anyhow, post whether or not you are good with doing this cruise earlier in the day. Hell, we could cruise to the beach, park and hit the boardwalk too. Just sayin', we have options. Post your preferences!

civicdrivr 05-03-2013 09:44 AM

Personally, I don't care. Im up for whatever you guys want to do.

t0talacuratl 05-03-2013 02:50 PM

^^me nathan!!!

AnthonyCM 05-05-2013 10:11 AM

well ill be going to this as long as im off work from duty

Tannis 05-10-2013 10:16 AM

It is getting to be that time! Since I received no hits on the "alternative", which is absolutely fine and I didn't want to confuse everyone too much so tomorrow at 6:30 PM still stands. Hope everyone that intended to make it out can still do so as it would great to meet the other locals.

I will still say that the offer is open to anyone who wants to meet up prior to sumospeed. That is just something extra for you folks. And anyone else that is interested in making this meet, see first post. Details are provided. As of right now storms are still possible but this being Virginia Beach, it isn't likely. We'll see.

Thanks so much and hope to see you all tomorrow!!!

t0talacuratl 05-10-2013 03:46 PM

I'm there.....are we meeting prior to the car show?

Tannis 05-10-2013 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by t0talacuratl (Post 14473044)
I'm there.....are we meeting prior to the car show?

How about by the Starbucks on Dam Neck over by Best Buy and Finn McCools? Say 10:15 - ish? Then we'll scoot across the street to the show.

For anyone that doesn't know, the Sportsplex is located at 2181 Landstown Rd.

civicdrivr 05-10-2013 04:27 PM

Cool, I will still try to make it to this. We'll see how the car is acting.

Its ridiculous that I have to worry about a car that isnt even a year old :annoyed:

Tannis 05-10-2013 04:37 PM

Its one thing to be one of the first to own the newest of the new but sucks because it is new. Not tried and true. Hope you get it all resolved.

civicdrivr 05-10-2013 04:40 PM

Sucks even more when Im the (I think) second highest mileage car in the states, and only one that I know of having this issue.

And the issues that the other cars have been having has not happened to mine, which is even more perplexing.

Tannis 05-10-2013 04:46 PM

hmmmm.... can only chalk it up to one of those things where $hit happens. Hope it isn't as complicated as they're making it sound. Either way, that's what a warranty is for. And maybe others will experience this issue as they climb higher in mileage. But I'm sure it'll all work out

civicdrivr 05-10-2013 06:42 PM

Fuggit, Ill be out there. I have to pick up the car in the morning, clean it up, and drive out there. Ill meet up with you guys sometime in the afternoon at Springfest.

AnthonyCM 05-10-2013 08:32 PM

look forward to meeting ya'll tomorrow ill be in my stock silver tl

Tannis 05-10-2013 08:56 PM

Good stuff Morgan. See ya there.

Anthony, stock or modified, bro. :thumbsup:

t0talacuratl 05-10-2013 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Tannis (Post 14473091)
How about by the Starbucks on Dam Neck over by Best Buy and Finn McCools? Say 10:15 - ish? Then we'll scoot across the street to the show.

That's cool! See you there!

Originally Posted by civicdrivr (Post 14473101)
Cool, I will still try to make it to this. We'll see how the car is acting.

Its ridiculous that I have to worry about a car that isnt even a year old :annoyed:

Sorry to hear about the car Morgan. Must be frustrating, because its so new.

Originally Posted by AnthonyCM (Post 14473371)
look forward to meeting ya'll tomorrow ill be in my stock silver tl

Looking forward to meeting you!

oc7592 05-10-2013 09:46 PM

im definitely in for tomorrow. cant wait to chill with some of you guys again. is everyone/anyone going to springfest? if so are you guys going to be in the car show or just spectating?

civicdrivr 05-10-2013 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by oc7592 (Post 14473446)
im definitely in for tomorrow. cant wait to chill with some of you guys again. is everyone/anyone going to springfest? if so are you guys going to be in the car show or just spectating?

If I get out that way early enough, Ill just be spectating.

t0talacuratl 05-11-2013 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Tannis (Post 14473091)

Originally Posted by oc7592 (Post 14473446)

We meeting around 10:15 first before going to the car show.

AnthonyCM 05-12-2013 08:41 AM

was fun meeting all you guys an for sure look forward to the next one

t0talacuratl 05-12-2013 09:22 AM

^Anthony it was great meeting you and your wife as well as meeting and seeing everyone else! Definitly had a wonderful time. Can't wait o do it again soon!

yn1scott 05-12-2013 11:07 AM

Had a great time meeting everyone for the first time, and those that Ive meet before its always a good time!

Tannis 05-12-2013 02:30 PM

It was a great turnout last night and much better than I had expected.

Due to all the positive feedback the next one will be scheduled for mid-July and will include a real drive through the twisties in smaller groups and then reconvene at a park or area yet to be determined for a cook-out and pictures.

Bring your detailing stuff with you so Morgan doesn't have to photoshop your car clean. :thumbsup:

SRT8 vehicles will be banned. :tongue:

And for anyone else a little farther out up north or south, this will certainly be worth the drive now that the local support is here. I hope to see more new faces out there!

AnthonyCM 05-12-2013 03:16 PM

guess ill have in invest in some detailing stuff an maybe i can either find some rims or coilovers before hand

civicdrivr 05-13-2013 11:34 AM

Thanks John for setting this up! I had fun, can't wait for the next one. It was nice seeing some new faces too.

t0talacuratl 05-14-2013 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by Tannis (Post 14475196)
It was a great turnout last night and much better than I had expected.

Due to all the positive feedback the next one will be scheduled for mid-July and will include a real drive through the twisties in smaller groups and then reconvene at a park or area yet to be determined for a cook-out and pictures.

Bring your detailing stuff with you so Morgan doesn't have to photoshop your car clean. :thumbsup:

SRT8 vehicles will be banned. :tongue:

And for anyone else a little farther out up north or south, this will certainly be worth the drive now that the local support is here. I hope to see more new faces out there!

Ouch! That hurt! I did not mean to show out....lol! But yeah thanks for putting this together. It was a great turnout. And meeting new folks.:thumbsup:

Originally Posted by AnthonyCM (Post 14475233)
guess ill have in invest in some detailing stuff an maybe i can either find some rims or coilovers before hand

Hopefully you'll have a new mod every time we meet up.:wish:

Originally Posted by civicdrivr (Post 14476489)
Thanks John for setting this up! I had fun, can't wait for the next one. It was nice seeing some new faces too.

Morgan I'm just glad you were able to make it out. That car gets sweeter every time I see it. Can't wait for your next mod.:tongue:

Tannis 05-14-2013 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by t0talacuratl (Post 14478053)
Ouch! That hurt! I did not mean to show out....lol!

lolz! :wink:

AnthonyCM 05-14-2013 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by t0talacuratl (Post 14478053)
Hopefully you'll have a new mod every time we meet up.:wish:

hell yeah me too lol

got me a little piece of paper so hopefully getting some darker tint all the way around legally

757accord 05-16-2013 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by civicdrivr (Post 14476489)

hopefully it'll be around the time i get home and be able to attend! :wish:

Tannis 05-17-2013 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by 757accord (Post 14484149)
hopefully it'll be around the time i get home and be able to attend! :wish:

Given the time frame in which you said you would be back you'll definitely make the next one so no worries. And it'll be tweaked a bit with a real drive and a BBQ. I'm even thinking about trying to set up an RC drift car race. :thumbsup: