Mid-Atlantic Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington DC & West Virginia

Piazza Acura of Ardmore is a joke (sales division)

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 01:12 PM
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts
Piazza Acura of Ardmore is a joke (sales division)

Don't understand sales practices here.

Ok, PART of it may be my fault, but it's ridiculous. It's like they don't even give a $%#$ if they have your business or not.

About 2mos ago, I went to the dealership and they had an '05 TL on the lot for which they quoted me a price of about $18K out the door.

Unfortunately, I told them I hadn't recieved my new PA state license yet (moved from Canada), so was unable to purchase the car AT that time.

Fast fwd. 2mos, I have my shiny new PA state drivers license and I walk into the dealership. Look at their pre-owned lot, and the SAME car is there. They were apparantly selling it NON-CPO (which was fine with me). They hadn't done ANYTHING to it. There was a fog light which was burned out (same thing 2mos ago) and same mileage.

Talked to one of the sales agents (tall african american guy). Of course was my "best friend" right from the beginning. I told him the situation and the price I was quoted 2mos ago, I had looked at the car, and nothing had been done (eg. no cleaning, etc.), and I said I would offer the the same price and was ready to put down a deposit right there.

Seems he went to talk to the pre-owned manager (who wasn't at the dealership at the time), and came back and said b/c it was sitting there for a couple months and b/c of the paperwork involved with having it on their lot, the best they could do now was let me have it for %18.5K PLUS tax, tags, title, fees, etc. My eyes almost bugged out of my head. I asked, "So b/c it's been sitting on your lot taking up space, not being moved, the car appreciated in value for the last 2months".

Obviously, he didn't have much to say and gave me some more bullshit about the document fees associated with having it on their lot. So, I said fine, I can give you guys $18.5K out the door. He was COMPLETELY unwilling to work the price. He said that $18.6K PLUS everything was the best they could do. So I told him, wouldn't it be better to sell it to me and get it off your lot, since it's been sitting there, it will likely go to auction, where they'll likely get less than what they're asking and said I would have to leave if they couldn't work with me anymore. He just shrugged his shoulders. This dealership acts like it couldn't give a $hit if they make a sale or not.

Told him I'd leave my business card with my offer on the back. I was told I would get a call the next day after the pre-owned manager came in. OBVIOUSLY, I didn't get a call.

I mean, wouldn't you rather sell something at a reduced profit, rather than not sell it at all. No wonder I can't stand car salesman.

This AfricanAmerican guy is a total douche too. Sold my buddy a car about 4mos back. Used CPO VW Passat. At the time, some trim pieces needed replacing and what not. Made sure that was put into the contract. Now everytime my buddy talks to him, he assures my bud that the work will be done, but eventually just keeps giving excuses that the parts haven't come in, etc. etc. etc..

I can't say anything about their service department. But their sales department are a complete embarassment.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:21 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you take this up with the sales manager?
Old 12-21-2009, 10:49 AM
Racer

The pre-owned manager wasn't there when I went..

But really, even if I did? would it make a diff.

I mean, don't they usually back up their sales associates...
b/c the sales assoc. said he talked to the pre-owned manager on the phone and that was the price which was given?

I mean, I'll likely have to just walk away from this car (unfortunately), but i'm not going to be strongarmed into paying more than I'm willing.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:21 AM
Racer

**Update.

So I ended up calling the Pre-owned Manager (Craig Lee), at the dealership about 3 days ago. Aparantely, he had stepped out and the very nice receptionist forwarded me onto his voicemail.

I left a message for him saying how I was interested in a vehicle on his lot (without any specific details), and how I would appreciate if he would call me back..

The Douchebag still hasn't even tried to return my call (although, I've gotten returned calls from 3 other dealerships within 24hrs regarding any inquiries I've made).

I mean seriously?? Is Piazza Acura of Ardmore doing so well they just stopped giving a $hit!?
Old 01-28-2010, 10:57 PM
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Just find other deal