Mid-Atlantic Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington DC & West Virginia

Beware of pohanka acura in chantilly

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 09:18 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sounds good kotomoto thanks

yeah, rosenthal acura has been great to my family, been doing my dad's 2000 3.5rl forever it seems like now
Old 04-28-2010, 12:23 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by kotomoto
i worked for karen radley in woodbridge and radley in falls church and i owned acuras for ten years now i'm currently a master tech @ a honda dealership in NOVA and after reading this my advice to all of u guys is besides warranty work ,, be smart and service your acuras at honda dealerships it's 40% cheapper than acura and same parts and fluids and the techs are trained at the same school for 40 %%%%% LESS
if u guys need any service or repairs emission/inspection check engine light PM me
Which honda dealership do you recommend for service in the nova area?
Old 05-01-2010, 09:20 AM
Cruisin'

american honda strategicaly spreads the dealerships no less than 30 miles from each other wether its acura or honda so the closest to u will do ... if u need to verify an estimate PM me i'll be happy to help u out
Old 05-01-2010, 09:37 AM
Safety Car

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
Really? I can bring an Acura into a Honda dealer for service? That would be great because I have a Honda dealer about 3 blocks from work. I always thought they only worked on their own brands, exclusively.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:54 AM
lilvinnyb

Karen vs Pohanka

Been going to Pohanka since 2005. love the service and never had a problem. Would never to go Radley ever since a member on here had his wheels swiped after one night on the lot. Hard to be an inside job.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:57 AM
Cruisin'

Hey Kotomoto,

just bought a 2007 TL from a private seller and was wondering if there are any recalls on the transmission. Reason for asking is when getting to know the car a bit, noticed that the trans switched into 2nd gear what I felt was a little out of time and noticed idle seemed a little rough, but could just be me. Also, I have a 1999 honda Accord that I'm trying to sell with 154,000 and the engine light just came in with two codes. first was for Catlytic Converter and a code for the trans which reads TCC. Any help would be appreciated. Live in Bel Air Md.

Thanks,
Rob
Old 08-23-2010, 07:59 PM
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
i laughed when i saw this thread. just had a recent encounter with dan burns at rosenthal and when the guy talks to you you just get the feeling that he's lying his ass off. def not taking my car back there.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:38 AM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
i've really had no problems with pohanka since i've owned my car (05). with the exception of the car washing incidents (the car usually gets a bath prior to going in for service)...AND i'm a chick. and i really do think it depends on which service consultant you get. dan as many of you have mentioned...he's still at pohanka. and it sounds like he moonlights over at rosenthal. and yes he's still....well....i'll echo my no t so positive sentiments many of you have already made of him. i do my best to try and avoid him.

these guys may know not to mess with me, as i am very specific as to what i need to have done to the car. and i have never had the laundry list of things that are "suggested" shown to me. they usually emphasize items that need attention (ie brakes, tires). i think they all know me as a the "NO WASH" girl (i have a roof rack). unless someone has a better suggestion as to where to service our cars in No. VA rather than pissing and moaning about dealerships that would be more productive.

so besides honda dealerships, where else should we or could we take our cars to serviced without worry we will be ripped off??? anyone?
Old 08-26-2010, 01:46 AM

I'm new here as I just got my 2003 ABP CL type S and was looking for info.

I actually used to work in the service department of Pohanka probably around 6 years ago. I was mainly just doing the loaner car thing and lot mgmt at the time. I will say from when I was there most of that department is on the even keel. Thing is you have to realize is that place pushes so much weight when it comes to volume that your bound to run into customer service snares. I can't remember any specific techs that were "shady" but there are definitely some there that are top notch and some that are straight bunk; luck of the draw I guess. Also if you are one of those people that want your car done on some unreallistic timeline and cry and moan "why isn't my car ready yet, its been 2 hours" that could influence your experience there too. They definitely take care of their customers who are nice and polite with them, however if you act like your Acura is the only one on the lot then.....

Whoever said earlier that the techs are broken up into teams under the service writers is correct. That is how they do it at Pohanka. So if you hate a specific tech then get under another SW.

They will definitely try to sell you anything under the sun when it comes to maintainance, just be smart and do you research.

Funniest thing I saw there was some tech taking a customers NSX "testing" ending up 100+ into a wall. Needless to say I think he was Termed.

Only names I really remember there was 2 good SW's named Jerry and Mike. I think the head service boss was named Ben and he was cool too

Anyways that was ages ago and place could be completely different now. Just my

-TKGB.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:10 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
Originally Posted by archie77
Hey Guys, I live in VA and had to get my TSX an A1 Service at 45K Miles and the guys down at Pohanka asked me to get a power steering system flush, brake fluid system flush and a 4 wheel alignment which I later came to know was for no apparent reason - And definitely not part of the A1 service.. And they charged me like $600 for it.

I mean, sure they have their reasons for it and shit and you cant argue it out - But bottom line is they ripped me off !!! These guys are swindlers, Would advise anyone who is looking for a dealer service to go elsewhere - avoid Pohanka like the plague ...Wish I saw this thread before I made this mistake !!
i responded to your first thread on this one. dont' hate on them because they "asked" you to do all that to your car. you made a choice and you said yes go ahead and do everything on the laundry list. if you don't say anything or question them, then shame on you. but seriously don't go bashing a dealer without warrant. its not like they damaged your car. if you have loose parts and the service advisor was a jerk that's one thing, but if you walked in the "sucker" written across your forehead, that's on you.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:25 AM
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by TeddyKGB

Only names I really remember there was 2 good SW's named Jerry and Mike. I think the head service boss was named Ben and he was cool too

-TKGB.
My whole family goes to Pohanka. My little brother just got a 2004 TL from them, my mom has a 2010 TL, and I have bought both my 01 integra and 04 TL from there. Never had a problem once.

Another note Jerry is the man to see at Acura, he use to be in the car scene and knows his stuff. Not only is he very knowledgable his customer service is top notch. Everytime my family comes in he makes it a point to see how everyone is doing and how things are. Nicest guy in the world.

I think some people here are believing the hype, or just not looking at the entire situation.