Mid-Atlantic Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington DC & West Virginia

anyone recommend a good mechanic at an Acura dealership in Philly or its suburbs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 06:03 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone recommend a good mechanic at an Acura dealership in Philly or its suburbs?

I am very unhappy with Acura services. The techs that work on the car DO NOT PERFORM METICULOUS WORK. They rush your service, forget to do things, and return your car with a dirty interior. Has anyone found that perfect tech at a good dealer that does stellar work all the time.
Old 03-16-2005, 09:05 AM
Previous Owner

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I've been going to West Chester Acura since i got my TL since they're near me. I haven't had any problems with their work and they're very professional.
Old 03-16-2005, 09:15 AM
Team Camel Chief Justice

i feel for you bro, we have extremely, extremely poor dealerships out here. I am going to try west chester, thanks for the tip thorin.
Old 03-16-2005, 11:13 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Thorin78
I've been going to West Chester Acura since i got my TL since they're near me. I haven't had any problems with their work and they're very professional.
Funny thing, I just got my TL back from them and they managed to:

1) Scratch my driver's side window
2) Leave a bag of chips open (I NEVER have food in there)
3) Leave the sunroof open (luckily it did not rain, but it had earlier in the day)
4) Blasted my radio to their music

I've been there three times and each time I've gotten poor service... they never once even called me to let me know that my car was ready or to deal with me about my last visit (you know it's bad when the valet takes 2 minutes to apologize for what happened). Now I'm going to try Acura of Ardmore, and if not then Montgomeryville Acura (a bit out of the way, but very good service).
Old 03-16-2005, 06:53 PM
10th Gear

They all have problems

I have been to Turnersville, NJ Acura and West Chester and they both have problems and realize they will never give quality service
Old 03-16-2005, 06:56 PM
Crabcakes and Football!!!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
I have always gone to Reading Acura. I believe they are now called "Piazza Acura" I know its a bit far but service has always been good.
Old 03-16-2005, 07:10 PM
信是寶

Originally Posted by Michiraces2much
I have always gone to Reading Acura. I believe they are now called "Piazza Acura" I know its a bit far but service has always been good.

I second that ... I bought my car there and have gotten good service so far ...for the most part. I live in Lancaster and drive to Philly every day. I have a dealership here and pass West Chester on the way to work ...but still drive to Reading for my service. They always do the follow-up call try to make me happy. I just had the A-spec rims & suspension installed and thought that they might mess up the inside ... but no scratches or anything (except for a new rattle ...but I'll hunt it down) plus their price was cheaper than West Chester ... but it is kinda far from Philly bro!

Good luck, I know what it's like to look for a new mechanic/service place ...
Old 03-16-2005, 07:38 PM
Team NightHawk VP

it depends on how far you are willing to drive for the service...the tech and advisor is awsome at acura of ocean..but it seems a bit out of your way haha.

advisor lets you know every detail, the tech is willing to interact with the customer instead of just letting the customer drop the car off.

it actaully changed my thoughts about buying another acura.
i used to go to open road acura and they SUCK
Old 03-16-2005, 07:53 PM
__

I hate getting poor service and ripped off by dealer repair shops. I have been taking all 3(soon to be 4) of my Acura's to Bergy's in Abington (it's 2 minutes away from Sussman Acura). I have never had any problems with my cars and I never have been ripped off. I don't plan on ever going back to the dealer unless I have to.
Old 03-16-2005, 08:32 PM
Racer

Zoot...?

Interesting user-id... "Tribe" fan by chance?
Old 03-17-2005, 05:20 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you can get "Bob" to work on your car, Jones Acura in Lancaster PA is great. Bob is the only mechanic I allow to work on my car and he does excellent work. Jones doesn't have the fanciest dealership around, but I've never had any issues with their work.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:58 AM
Team Camel Chief Justice

ok so far im hearing the following:

Dealers in our area that are good:
1. Reading Acura (Piazza), Reading
2. Jones Acura, Lancaster
3. Acura of Ocean, somewhere in NJ

Dealers in our area that SUCK:
1. Davis Acura, Langhorne
2. Sussman Acura, Abington
3. Sussman Acura, Cherry Hill
4. West Chester Acura, West Chester
5. Open Road Acura, NJ
6. Turnersville Acura, Turnersville, NJ

Don't know
1. Acura of Ardmore (Possibly another Marty Sussman dealership)
2. Montgomeryville Acura, Montgomeryville (Poor sales, possibly good service)

any others?
Old 03-17-2005, 12:52 PM
Racer

actually I got my car from Montgomeryville as did a co-worker... both of us were rather satisfied with the service during sales (though they play the same game as most dealers we both ended up saving quite a bit of $ on the price too).

Stay away from Sussman... and Acura of Ardmore is a Piazza dealership (just like West Chester Acura)
Old 03-18-2005, 11:35 AM
Racer

Well... so far a full week and no call from the dealership on the Navi-DVD.

Great service from Piazza Acura of West Chester... lol!

For those who are interested I gave their Customer Service department a call since they wanted feedback on my experience with them. I mentioned all the nonsense they put me through and also the fact that there is a running post that deals a bit with them on an Acura forum, lol! Should be interesting to see how long before I get a response on this one...
Old 03-18-2005, 08:51 PM
GOLDEN NUGGET

Bought my car a week after a friend at Mont'ville on 309. Good people on the sales side. I just had my oil changed last week. No problems, people were pleasant enough, even at 9am on a Saturday.
Reading Honda is now Piazza Honda. I work in the area and had my Honda Accord serviced there for almost 7 years. Very good people there. Friendly, helpful, they take me to work when needed, and will drop off my car if needed. Highly recommend their service dept.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:18 AM
2017 TLX TECH V6

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Way late on this. But I found a guy thats factory Honda & Acura trained. He used to work at Metro Acura and now has his own business. Phil's Excellent Auto. He's at 24th and Mifflin in south philly. I just had front brake pad replaced (my pads), 2 rotors turned, brake fluid flush and trans fluid changed for $225. He saved me at least $200 compared to the dealer.
The following users liked this post:
Ant$ (09-09-2012)
Old 06-16-2009, 11:21 AM
Advanced

i have not had a problem with turnersville acura's service center at all, i guess its all hit and miss

Sussman acura, or elite acura they call it, kept trying to sell me a car that i didnt want, i told them i wanted 06+ they keep insisting i buy an 04 for over 5k more than what i acutally paid for my 06 in the long run. Never dealt with their service department though.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:23 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by eaglegreen48
Way late on this. But I found a guy thats factory Honda & Acura trained. He used to work at Metro Acura and now has his own business. Phil's Excellent Auto. He's at 24th and Mifflin in south philly. I just had front brake pad replaced (my pads), 2 rotors turned, brake fluid flush and trans fluid changed for $225. He saved me at least $200 compared to the dealer.
is he the guy with all the BMW's parked in the lot?
Old 06-16-2009, 12:17 PM
2017 TLX TECH V6

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Acura Cake
No. I don't think so. I didn't see a lot. Only a garage. He's near the northeast corner on 24th st.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:33 PM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by Karizma
ok so far im hearing the following:

Dealers in our area that are good:
1. Reading Acura (Piazza), Reading
2. Jones Acura, Lancaster
3. Acura of Ocean, somewhere in NJ

Dealers in our area that SUCK:
1. Davis Acura, Langhorne
2. Sussman Acura, Abington
3. Sussman Acura, Cherry Hill
4. West Chester Acura, West Chester
5. Open Road Acura, NJ
6. Turnersville Acura, Turnersville, NJ

Don't know
1. Acura of Ardmore (Possibly another Marty Sussman dealership)
2. Montgomeryville Acura, Montgomeryville (Poor sales, possibly good service)

any others?
Add this dealer to the good/excellent list: Lehigh Valley Acura in Emmaus (Allentown) Pa. You can read their reviews on the dealerrater website.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:40 PM
3rd Gear

I have owned a 2008 base TL for more than a year and I always read this forum. It is very informative place with a lot of knowledgeable users. I learned that I would never go to stealerships based on some horror stories I found! Therefore, I always try to either do my own maintenance or go to local (but dependable) shops.

I live in South Philadelphia area and my work is some 40 miles away (Monday through Friday), I usually look for small mechanic shops that are open on Saturday. South Philadelphia Auto Repair (7th and Morris) is one of the best. The owner name is John, he is friendly and seems to have a lot of knowledge. But they are only open Monday through Friday. So as you recommended, I went to Phil's Excellent Auto Repair at 24th and Mifflin st.They are open on Saturday (every first and last Saturday). I went there last Saturday to have a B1 service done. Phil is a friendly guy and he has a lot of knowledge and knows about our cars. He did not overcharge you like stealerships do and he even educated me on my car and its maintenance! Thanks for the info and I definitely recommend this guy.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:37 PM
Instructor

sussman acura in jenkintown also sux. the technician guy test drive ur car without permission. they also rev the engine just for fun. no big difference between firestone and fukura dealers. no more acura for me next time. their service is no better than hyundai
Old 08-08-2010, 12:39 PM
9th Gear

I appreciate this thread due to I just moved near the area.

*Thank you for all the insights*
Old 08-26-2010, 09:10 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Agree with Reading Acura (now Piazza). Ask for Jake in service (Plus he averages over 230 in bowling). Took my 88 Legend there and my 03 Tl-S. Plus teh body shop is excellent, ask for the manager (Joe Barone) - he is a great advocate for you when dealing with insurance companies.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:36 PM
Cruisin'

If you even drive within 5 miles of Sussman you should have your head examined. They are the worst! I have purchased 3 Acuras from Davis and although I've only been there once (yes once for service on 3 Acuras) the one warranty claim I had, sunroof rattle in '10 TL they fixed correctly and did a great job. Rich Tatar is my Svc Rep and he's a very accomodating guy.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:16 AM
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
I used to live in 17th and McKean for over 20 years and I wouldn't venture out in 24th and Mifflin...LOL

I wonder if he'd put in some AC DELCO/GM SYNCHROMESH manual transmission fluid...I'm starting to have that 3rd gear issue that everyone with a stick shift complains about...
Old 04-11-2012, 03:43 AM
Safety Car

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts
i go to school in west philly, and i needed body work done so i stopped by phil's, in the end im getting it done closer to home in NJ, but just because the guy is giving me a very good deal because i've taken my dads 08 TSX to him twice. Phil was a very good guy to talk to, really looked like he knew what he was doing and he was nice. family orientated guy. his little son was in another office playing around, and his sister came into his office offering to help type stuff into the comp. even saw his mom getting into her car and him saying bye to her hahahaha.

anyway, i'd recommend phils excellent auto for whatever service, feel free to tell him David with the Vortex Blue TSX sent you his way, and you can also mention acurazine. i mentioned acurazine as the way i heard about him and he chuckled, saying good place to be a member of haha

if you are under warranty, i didn't have any problem with elite acura in cherry hill. the service guy who did my brakes/rotors (john bates) explained everything he was doing and even let me watch. i recommend him, he also just won top tech in the region from acura, cool guy
The following users liked this post:
Ant$ (09-09-2012)
Old 04-12-2012, 01:55 PM
Racer

wow...I had been going to Davis because for some reason when I bought my car, they had the best DealerRatings.com ratings...

I'll try this guy Phil next time I have issues...and visit some old neighborhood friends in the process.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:20 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Acura Cake

yeah what is that place? I think it's on Snyder past the train bridge and it's all these 80's BMW's...dunno if they're selling them or servicing them...
Old 09-16-2012, 11:28 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by vtec_1994
I am very unhappy with Acura services. The techs that work on the car DO NOT PERFORM METICULOUS WORK. They rush your service, forget to do things, and return your car with a dirty interior. Has anyone found that perfect tech at a good dealer that does stellar work all the time.
Have you tried Davis Acura in Langhorne PA ? Great service. They even wash and clean your car free of charge. Great customer service. I take my 03 TL and 08 MDX there all the time.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:34 PM
Cruisin'

I'm in Delaware. Anyone have any good or bad experiences with Delaware dealerships in regards to service. I bought my TL at Davis Acura; not thrilled with their customer service reference to my plates, tags, registration etc.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:51 PM
Detail Cars in Philly in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey guys, just throwing it out there,a friend of mine just opened his own shop in northeast phila. right off of state road and ashburner. He works work Precision Acura in NJ and has been an Acura mechanic for the past 8 years or so. He asked me to post some stuff on here for him

If you guys need anything done just pm me and ill get you his info. He is still working at the dealer but will be at the shop on Saturdays for now.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:44 PM
Racer

Davis Acura just quoted me $3400 for a clutch job. i only have just under 40,000 miles on my 2010. guess it's on to Phl's excellent auto...
Old 08-11-2014, 05:53 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
If you want to do a drive, Motorworld in Wilkes Barre does nice work, and they are a lot cheaper than in the greater philly area.. I had my timing belt done there a couple years ago for 400 bucks cheaper than locally.

http://www.motorworldacura.com/index.htm