Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 03:27 AM
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 13 Posts
Loaded 2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL. Location: Los Angeles, CA

THE CONDENSED FACTS:

1. Price:16,300
2. Mileage:127,100
3. Color, Transmission-Auto, White W/Navi!
4. Reason for selling:Looking for an E36 M.
5. Location:91307 Zip Code, Southern California.
6. Pictures:Below, more will come.
7. Are you the first owner? 2nd Owner.
8. Title information:Clean Title. No Accidents.
9. VIN (would be nice to have but I can understand that some people do not want to publicly post this):2HJYK16526H553349
10. Modifications:Bi-Xenon 4300K HID Kit. Westin Front Bull Bar. Honda Optional Side Step. L.E.D. Interior Lights. 3M Window Tint. New Navi CD.
11. Service record:Just changed VTM4 Fluid, Transmission, and Engine Oil.
12. Financed with Wachovia.
13. Optional trade: E36 M3 + Cash depending on condition

History & Maintenance
I purchased this car about 2 months ago with the intentions of utilizing the truck as a daily commuter as well as moving boxes. Also used it to carry my mountain bikes around and go to the beach. Since my weekend track toy has broken down, I really miss having a track car so I'm looking for an E36 M and am willing to give this up. Being as I don’t need a truck anymore I decided to list this up as I’m looking for a more fitting car.

This Ridgeline is a 2006 and it does have over 100k miles on it. Don't forget, it’s a Honda. This truck is solid. I could not find any problems with longevity issues that affected this car from Ridgeline owners starting from the 2005 models all the way up to the present models. After reading multiple reviews from owners who are in the 150k and even 200k range without a single problem from the engine, nor the SH-AWD system I figured it’s a safe and reliable car. Most of them who tow on a religious basis. I have not towed anything yet, but it's wired and ready to do so. This car only had one previous owner who used this as a work truck and maintained it very well as you will see. Upon purchasing the car, I’ve changed the VTM4 fluid with Honda’s original VTM4 fluid, replaced the crush washers on both the fill and drain plugs, changed the oil, as well as the automatic transmission fluid.
The car has never been in an accident and does not have a salvaged title. The front bumper has a few tiny nicks from the freeway driving, but no gashes or any eye sores. It’s just the regular your bound to get regardless. The paint itself is good and does not have any webbing from the heat beating on it (seen it on another Ridgeline I was planning to purcahsed that hasn’t been garaged).

Previous owner did not smoke in the car, and I don’t smoke. No pet dander or stinky smells. A/C blows fresh, cold air and is ready to go for the summer. Heater works just as well for the winter, and it also comes with heated seats for both driver and passenger. I use a very light smelling air freshener so when you decide you want no smell, the smell won’t linger in the seats or fabric after it’s taken out.

The interior is in mint condition. I’m very detailed about the interior and seating area as that’s where you will be spending most of your time. All the buttons on the dash are not faded and the dash isn’t cracked or anything. The only button that shows a tiny bit of fade from use is the track down button on the steering wheel. The corner of that shows a little sign of use. Seats recline and adjust perfectly fine. All the seats are surprisingly well maintained and don’t show much sign of aging at all, even the driver seat! I’ve gone over the seats 3 times in the 2 months with Meguiars Leather care products. Interior is always bi-weekly maintained with Meguiars Interior Detailer. Doesn’t leave a thick glossy residue, just protects and cleans the interior to a factory finish. The steering wheel has a small area that is a bit rougher to touch compared to the rest of the wheel, probably because the previous owner “favored” that area on the wheel. It really isn’t bothersome and you will forget about it by the time you start the car.

The Navigation as mentioned has been upgraded with the newer disc. The 6-CD in dash switches CD’s without a hiccup, as well as the fold-down screen which folds up/down without any hesitation. The speakers are all OEM, and haven’t been tampered with. It sounds fantastic as is. The factory sub woofer is pretty solid as well. No ripped or torn speakers here.

The previous owner must have garaged this car daily. It’s pretty unrealistic to see it in this condition otherwise. The car is also parked in the garage during work hours and most of the daytime.
Engine is completely stock. Sounds and runs perfect. There is no ticking or rough idle, nor any loss in power. Car starts just like new. I believe the battery is also pretty recent from the looks of it.

Took it to the dealer to get an oil change and they informed me that everything was up to date. Tires have about 85% life left, so it’s going to be good for another 2 years or more. The only thing I would probably change as a new owner of this car would be getting the front rotors resurfaced. It seems that at some point the previous owner warped the front brakes slightly so there is a slight vibration. Any brake shop will be able to resurface these rotors for you for about $50.

Upgrades

I have also done a few upgrades to enhance the looks and the features of this car. The vehicle is Navi equipped and I upgraded it to a newer version to include all the new updates as far as maps, restaurants, Zagat rated places, and upgraded features.

The car only comes standard with halogen bulbs, but these were changed out using a DDM 55 Watt 4100k Bi-Xenon HID kit (factory bulbs will be included). This changed the headlight visibility by 100% and makes a huge difference. The kit unlike others comes with a built in shield that rotates so that it doesn’t blind oncoming traffic.

The pickup bed is lined with Herculiner, to give it added protection when lugging things in the pickup bed. It also makes for an easy rinse when washing the truck.

Windows have been slightly darkened using 3M Hi-Performance Non-Metallic tint (20% front and 30% rear). The Ridgeline comes with a semi-light tint in the rear from the factory, thus I used a bit of a lighter film in the rear than the front so that both the front and rear are equally shaded. This worked out perfectly; in fact, the rear is STILL a slight bit darker. Non-metallic was used as it does not affect Navigation & Satellite radio performance.

Brand new front BullBar by Westin, with subtle brushed aluminum shield to give it a bit more of a rugged, yet still stylish feel.

Interior bulbs have all been replaced with L.E.D. bulbs that shine a warm, pure white, light. Much more appealing than the stock.

OEM rubber floor mats have always been used (included). Carpet isn’t stained.

OEM wheel locks and key. They always try to sell you that at the dealer, silly dealers.

Honda Option Side Step is also purchased, but not installed yet. Still brand new in box waiting to be installed.

I’ve also coated the factory wheels glossy gunmetal, instead of the factory silver finish.

Note: This truck is built to last! The mileage was something I was worried about as well, but after researching and driving this car, it's definitely a sound and solid engine & chassis.

Contact for viewing and test drives.

Michael Yu
(818) 746 6997

Old 08-25-2009, 03:37 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
saw the car a couple of times in person, very clean indeed! Interior was flawless along with the exterior. Granted it has higher mileage, but like Mike said, it's a honda so durability should not be questioned. Rides like a charm, nothing blown, nothing broken, great price for a great car and seller!
Old 08-27-2009, 12:48 AM
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 13 Posts