Location (State/Prov):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits (you may select multiples):

Location (State/Prov/Terr):

Item Condition:

SOLD: 2010 Acura TL (6 Speed Manual, Technology Package)

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 08:26 PM
Colorado Springs

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts
2010 Acura TL (6 Speed Manual, Technology Package)

Year: 2010
Make: Acura
Model: TL
Price: $15000
Mileage: 108600
Color: Diamond White Pearl
Location (State/Prov): IN

1. Price: $15,000
2. Mileage: 108,600
3. Color, Transmission-auto or manual, Navi: Diamond White Pearl (Taupe Interior), 6 speed manual, Navigation (Tech Package)
4. Reason for selling: Having a third kid, I need a van or SUV now.
5. Location: Greenwood, IN (a suburb of Indianapolis)
6. Pictures: See Below
7. Are you the first owner? I am the only owner
8a. Title is clean/clear/rebuilt/salvage/if other, explain further (select one): clean title
8b. Do you have title in hand or it is being held by a lienholder: I have the title in hand
9. VIN : 19UUA9E57AA000856
10. Modifications: complete OEM underspoiler kit, midnight chrome rear bumper piece, black headlight inserts, RV6 HFPCs, Xcelerate V1 J-pipe, Xcelerate 3rd cat delete welded onto the J-pipe (essentially making it a V2), SPEC Stage 2+ Clutch
11. Service record: All services except for the clutch replacement and a brake fluid flush and fill have been done at Acura dealerships. I have the maintenance journal filled out and embossed (or gold stickered) from all maintenance departments. I can probably provide receipts from the last 3 years due to me being near the dealership.
12. If leased, provide details, such as length of lease, payoff amount, etc. Not Leased

Name:  IMG_7837_zpsq2nko18r.jpg
Views: 2990
Size:  508.8 KB

Name:  IMG_7835_zpslhvmpu9z.jpg
Views: 2809
Size:  517.7 KB

Name:  IMG_7830_zps63lwqe4l.jpg
Views: 2668
Size:  362.3 KB

Name:  IMG_7829_zps0dllfv3y.jpg
Views: 2756
Size:  393.6 KB

Name:  IMG_7832_zps495eel4r.jpg
Views: 2685
Size:  326.9 KB

Name:  IMG_7834_zpsyvstmmf0.jpg
Views: 2715
Size:  358.1 KB

Name:  IMG_7840_zpsgso4zcmj.jpg
Views: 2943
Size:  412.0 KB

Name:  IMG_7838_zpsjv0btowp.jpg
Views: 2854
Size:  462.9 KB

Name:  IMG_7841_zpshvtsxgs4.jpg
Views: 3134
Size:  402.5 KB

Name:  IMG_7842_zpsawccxnmm.jpg
Views: 2629
Size:  375.3 KB

Name:  IMG_7844_zpsmncjtigf.jpg
Views: 2647
Size:  322.1 KB

If you're in the market for a car that's been meticulously taken care of, that looks and drives like new and has the performance to back it all up, then this Acura TL is for you. This one-owner car needs to be seen to be appreciated, but I will attempt to give you every bit of information about the car so that you can see that my car is better than any other example on the used car market today. I am selling this car because my family is expecting a third child and the TL is not a car that can handle three kids seats in the backseat.

6-Speed Manual Transmission:
The clutch was replaced at 70,000 miles because the OEM one began to slip. It was replaced with a new clutch from SPEC Engineering, which manufactures some of the best, over-engineered clutches in the business (and they're made in America). I picked this clutch (it is a Stage 2+) due to its more aggressive gripping surface. I made the decision to pick an aftermarket company because I did not want to take the chance a replacement OEM clutch would give out in 70,000 miles again.

Brakes:
The rear brakes were resurfaced and new pads were put on 3,000 miles ago. The front brakes, according to the last trip to the dealership, still had 6mm left on the pads. I would estimate that they have 5mm on them now and they need changed when they get down to 3mm.

Tires:
The tires were replaced at 99,000 miles with Michelin Premier All Season Tires. These are terrific tires that have a guarantee of maintaining the same wet-weather grip when they are worn than they did when they were new. They are supposed to last 60,000 miles, so they have 85% life left right now. They do fantastic in the snow too.

Interior:
This car has never been smoked in. The steering wheel is brand new and was replaced 2 months ago when a technician damaged it during an alignment. The shift knob is brand new. The floormats are brand new. Basically if I replaced the driver's seat leather, it would look like a totally new interior.

Exterior:
I added the entire OEM underbody spoiler kit to the car 3 years ago. The car has been garaged since it was purchased and was always hand-washed except in the winter. For the first 4 years after I bought it, it was in states that did not use salt on the roads (Richmond, VA, El Paso, TX, and Colorado Springs, CO). I also replaced the satin silver strip underneath the trunk lid with an OEM upgraded midnight-chrome strip, but I did not yet purchase the front grill replacement that is also "midnight chrome."

Maintenance:
My car has been serviced almost exclusively at Acura Dealerships around the country. Although I have not kept the receipts, I had the Acura-issued Maintenance book filled out and embossed with each dealerships' embossing seal. The only two times that I did not have the vehicle serviced at Acura was to replace the clutch (Acura would not install parts that were not their own) and to flush and fill all of the brake lines (Midas did this with the same machine Acura would have used, for half the money).

Oil Changes- I have always had Royal Purple 5W-20 Full Synthetic put into the car according to the interval that the car's Maintenance Interval System tells me. They have averaged between 7500-8500 miles between changes.

Rear Differential Fluid Changes- The rear differential fluid has been replaced every 3rd oil change, in accordance to the Maintenance Indicator System.

Manual Transmission Fluid Changes - The Manual Transmission fluid has been replaced every 30,000 miles in accordance to the Maintenance Indicator System

Battery- The battery was replaced (and has 6 years remaining on the warranty) from Acura in January of 2015. For reference, the first battery had a life of 5 years.

Spark Plugs - The spark Plugs have a life of 105,000 miles, they were changed at 100,000 miles with OEM Iridiums

Timing Belt/Water Pump/Accessory Belts/Valve Adjustment Service - This service was completed at 105,000 miles at Hubler Acura for $1300. The car will not need this service until 210,000 miles. It is by far the most expensive service that Acura owners must do.

Warranty Replacements- The factory exhaust system (from the catalytic converter back to the mufflers) was replaced under warranty at 48,000 miles due to a broken flange. The passenger's seat bracket was also replaced at the same time. These have been the only Warranty issues I have had, but there is no warranty left on the vehicle.

Upcoming Maintenance- The engine coolant will need to be drained and filled at 150,000 miles. The transmission fluid should probably be replaced at that same service. There are no leaks of any kind anywhere in the engine.

Performance Upgrades
The car currently has aftermarket high flow stainless steel catalytic converters and an aftermarket stainless steel J-pipe. These upgrades claim to add about 15 horsepower a piece. They also smooth out the powerband. A nice upside to these upgrades is that I've also seen an improvement in gas mileage. These modifications do not make a noticeable difference in noise, because the stock resonators and mufflers are still in place. Please note: I will gladly return the whole exhaust system back to stock if you request it, but I will keep the aftermarket parts then. I will need a day to complete this task, but there should be no problems with it.

Extras
There are a ton of extras that you can take advantage of when you buy this car, they include my entire DVD-Audio collection (special Dolby 5.1 surround sound discs that the disc player is capable of playing), an extra set of floormats, all stock exhaust components that I removed, stock mudflaps, lifetime alignments from any Firestone Tires location, 6 years remaining on the battery warranty (from Acura), and the rear satin silver strip that is underneath the trunk lid, extra shift knob.

About the pricing: I believe the price I am asking is more than fair. Kelly Blue Book lists the value of my car in Very Good Condition (not Excellent) as $15,990. Beware of TLs that are below 100,000 miles, because the cost of the timing belt/valve adjustment service that has to be done around 100,000 miles is over $1300 at most dealerships. I have already completed this service as well as put on over $1000 worth of tires.
Old 05-14-2016, 02:44 PM
Colorado Springs

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts
Sold today! Very sad to see it go. Is this the end of me and Acurazine?