Year: 2008
Make: Acura
Model: TL
Price: $21500
Mileage: 50000
Color: KBP
Location (State/Prov): IN

1. Price: $21,500 OBO
2. Mileage: 49,XXX (still driving it, although not on a daily basis)
3. Color, Transmission-auto or manual, Navi: Kinetic Blue Pearl. 6 Speed Manual Transmission. Navi. (and all the other standard options on the Type S)
4. Reason for selling: Purchased car in May 2011 and have since started my own company and have a need for a vehicle that can haul equipment. I may be the only forum member that is replacing his TL with a Ford Transit Connect.
5. Location: Indianapolis, IN
6. Pictures: Link below.
7. Are you the first owner? If not, how many owners were there (to the best of your knowledge)? I am the third owner.
8a. Title is clean/clear/rebuilt/salvage/if other, explain further (select one): Clean title.
8b. Do you have title in hand or it is being held by a lienholder: Title currently held by bank.
9. VIN (would be nice to have but I can understand that some people do not want to publicly post this): Will PM if requested.
10. Modifications: Minor mods/additions (listed below).
11. Service record: All service up to date. See below. ACPV Warranty transferable to new owner.
12. If leased, provide details, such as length of lease, payoff amount, etc. N/A.

Please feel free to ask any and all questions you may have! Car is centrally located in Indianapolis, IN.

2008 Kinetic Blue Pearl Acura TL Type S. Manual Transmission. Ebony interior. Fairly desirable/rare according to those here on the forum. It took me a few months to find when I was looking.

After owning a Honda Accord for 13 years, I finally traded up to the TL-S in May 2011. Wasn't in a hurry to purchase, so I took my time finding exactly what I wanted (interior & exterior colors, mileage, manual, condition) and traveled to New York to purchase it. Now after I've started my own business I have a need for a different type of vehicle that can haul small amounts of equipment and am reluctantly selling the TL.

This was my daily driver during 2011. During 2012 I have not driven it on a daily basis as my career change allowed me to commute by bicycle and motorcycle more often, so while she has been driven weekly, there haven't been nearly as many miles put on her this year.

Minor modifications include:

- Tint all the way around (done by previous owner, so I don't know the % - see pics)
- Power cord for Valentine 1 radar detector wired to near rear view mirror
- All Weather Weathertech Floor mats
- All Weather Trunk Tray

Since she was a daily driver, she isn't a perfect specimen. I've taken photos of the following blemishes:

- Some curbing on right side wheels
- Light scratches on front right fender (have not attempted to buff out)
- Small dent and scratch near right rear wheel (previous owner said it was from a shopping cart)
- Front bumper has speckled paint chips as well as a scrape near the bottom

Other notes:
- I have done oil changes, tire rotations and transmission fluid change myself. Dealership did a power steering hose recall. Car runs perfectly.
- It has been protected with Zaino products since I've owned it.
- CPO warranty transfers to the new owner. Powertrain expires either at 100,000 miles or 2/28/15. Non-powertrain expires at 62,000 miles or 2/28/13.
- Front tires nearing the wear bars, but not quite there yet. Rear tires are brand new Michelin Primacy MX4X 235R45 17s.
- Original rear bumper has been repainted. I discovered it was repainted by previous owner after purchasing it and the paint began to flake off (likely due to an incorrect amount of plastisizer mixed in with the paint). I had it repainted again. You can find a thread on the forum discussing this after I discovered it and wondered what was happening here and here
- I did experience the notchy shifting into 3rd gear after purchasing the car. Since switching to GM Transmission fluid (discussed extensively on the forum) I have had flawless shifting.

More photos over here on Photobucket
Attached Thumbnails 2008 Acura TL-S KBP/Ebony 6SPD Manual Indianapolis IN-sam_2350a.jpg  
Old 10-13-2012, 10:36 AM
Pro

Received 102 Likes on 91 Posts
This is the exact car I was looking for!! Too bad you're not in Montreal.

GLWS, although you probably won't need it!
Old 10-13-2012, 03:33 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by M.I.N.O.
This is the exact car I was looking for!! Too bad you're not in Montreal.
Montreal isn't that far from Indy. C'mon - I bought it sight unseen and flew to New York and drove it home!
Old 10-13-2012, 06:20 PM
Pro

Received 102 Likes on 91 Posts
HAHA! That's true, except I'll have to pay customs/duties/brokerage fees for bringing a U.S. car into Canada, so I'll continue my search
Old 10-17-2012, 02:36 AM

Bump for a real sweet car.. Its everything that Ive been looking for but unfortunately I live in Mass. Too bad it still wasn't in NY. Good luck on the sale!
Old 10-22-2012, 03:06 PM
Safety Car

Received 945 Likes on 650 Posts
I dont know why everyone always says "too bad the cars located in xxx". I have purchased a total of 4 cars out of state. Simply buy a plane ticket fly there and drive it home. Simple and done with. Plane ticket will cost you a hundred and thirty bucks on Southwest. If you find a car within 800 miles or so you can get to the car and get it home in almost a day. And it makes for a fun trip :-)
Old 10-23-2012, 01:41 PM
Pro

Received 213 Likes on 135 Posts
Bought my MRP TL-s 5 hours away. Drove up that day with check in hand, drove it home 30 mins later after taking it for a spin.

GLWS, awesome combo car you have there!
Old 10-23-2012, 08:24 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by JTS97Z28
I dont know why everyone always says "too bad the cars located in xxx". I have purchased a total of 4 cars out of state. Simply buy a plane ticket fly there and drive it home. Simple and done with. Plane ticket will cost you a hundred and thirty bucks on Southwest. If you find a car within 800 miles or so you can get to the car and get it home in almost a day. And it makes for a fun trip :-)
Agreed, but understand that many just aren't comfortable doing the same. In addition to purchasing this car sight unseen, flying to NY and driving it home all in the same day (~700 mi or so), I've also purchased both of my motorcycles long distance. One of them was "only" up in Michigan (~250 miles), but the other was in South Dakota.

If it matters to anyone monitoring this thread, I have a trip to Clearwater FL planned for just after the first of the year, so if a deal can be made, I'd be more than happy to meet you between Indy & FL somewhere.

I'm also shopping around for the sexy replacement vehicle (see listing) I'll be purchasing, so if I find one not near Indy, I'll update the thread in case anyone that direction might be interested.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:03 PM
Type-S

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Can you post more pics please?
Old 10-26-2012, 07:53 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by ignition_key
Can you post more pics please?
Sure - just want to make sure you saw the link to the photobucket album in the original post too.

Anything in particular you'd like me to shoot? Should be able to do that this weekend...
Old 11-12-2012, 10:12 AM
Cruisin'

Monday morning bump. Have a couple of local parties interested, but would love to keep it in the Acurazine family!

Price is OBO...Any offers?
Old 11-23-2012, 09:22 AM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
I sent you a PM
Old 11-28-2012, 02:23 PM
Cruisin'

Just a few updates after having conversations/e-mail correspondence with a few interested parties. Only KBP 6MT on the front page of the Black Market!

Mileage is now 51,2XX.

CarFax is available upon request.

Cleaning out the garage I remembered that I have 3+ quarts of GM transmission fluid, extra cabin air filter, extra engine air filter & Haynes repair manual that I purchased. Minor items, but they will go to the buyer.

I forgot to note in the original listing that I changed the cabin & engine filters in September 2011.

I've added a few requested photos in the Photobucket album (click on the entire sentence just above the photo in my first post). They include:

Additional shot of the mentioned dent with something else in the photo for reference. The dent is 1 1/2" in diameter and I was quoted $225 from a reputable PDR facility that took a look at it.

Additional shot of the mentioned front bumper scrapes with something else in the photo for reference. Thought I would have that fixed when I bought it, but they are so low that I don't notice them often enough for them to bother me...

Shots of the brand new rear tires and worn front tires with Mr. Lincoln's head in the tread. Here is a link to the tires I put on the rear.

Shots of the front seats - minor wear on the driver's side bolster. No cracking.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:34 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I am in Fishers, so local to you. How much service history do you have on the car? I am interested, but dependent on how much history the car has.

Also, are there more pictures besides that single photo?
Old 12-02-2012, 04:07 PM
Administrator

Received 1,000 Likes on 571 Posts
Originally Posted by Meeyatch1
I am in Fishers, so local to you. How much service history do you have on the car? I am interested, but dependent on how much history the car has.

Also, are there more pictures besides that single photo?
Click on the link above the little picture.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:56 AM
Cruisin'

Thanks Ron - I should have underlined that sentence when I wrote the post in the first place to indicate it was hyperlinked.

Mitch - I'll send you a PM so we can hook up over the phone and chat.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:22 PM
Cruisin'

Bump for a price drop based on feedback from interested parties as well as the local dealer that has also made an offer (that is too low for me to consider, but did agree that they would be able to sell it for $23+ after a little work described below)...

Most have identified the front tires, repaint of the front bumper and pulling the small dent on the right rear as issues - totally agree. Bumping price down to $21,500 and would still love to keep it in the Acurazine forum family if possible!

[Mod - can you adjust the listing? Thanks!]

mod edit-updated
Old 12-28-2012, 07:33 PM
Cruisin'

Sale pending. If all goes well, we'll be closing this one out tomorrow!
Old 12-29-2012, 08:24 AM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Congrats!!!
Old 12-29-2012, 09:25 AM
Cruisin'

Thanks! New owner just hit the road...he joined the forum just to be able to contact me to buy the car and I let him know there are a great group of guys and gals here if he needs anything!

Like I said, didn't want to sell so quickly...these are great cars!

Mod - you can close this one...thanks Acurazine!