Location (State/Prov):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits (you may select multiples):

Location (State/Prov/Terr):

Item Condition:

SOLD: 2006 Acura TL 6-speed (Philly, PA)

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 08:38 PM
Unregistered User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Acura TL 6-speed (Philly, PA)

Year: 2006
Make: Acura
Model: TL
Price: $12000
Mileage: 74000
Color: Silver
Location (State/Prov): PA

1. Price: $12,000 OBO
2. Mileage: 74,000
3. Color, Transmission-auto or manual, Navi: Silver ext, black int, manual 6-speed, navigation
4. Reason for selling: Getting a company car
5. Location: Philadelphia, PA
6. Pictures: See below.
7. Are you the first owner? Yes, first and only owner, and basically the only driver.
8a. Title is clean/clear/rebuilt/salvage/if other, explain further (select one): Clean
8b. Do you have title in hand or it is being held by a lienholder: Title in hand.
9. VIN (would be nice to have but I can understand that some people do not want to publicly post this): Ask if needed
10. Modifications: None, completely stock, never modified in any way.
11. Service record: Mostly performed by myself as I was a mechanic in another life. Can give any/all details. See below.
12. If leased, provide details, such as length of lease, payoff amount, etc. Not leased.

Selling my 2006 Acura TL. LOVE this car, but won't have a need for it shortly as I'll have a company car. No reason to keep a spare car around. This car was a thrill to drive, and rowing your own really made it fun. Have owned this car since new.

Car has never been hit and is straight. Not a door ding to be found. I'm quite anal, and you'll see that in the photos. Only thing ever painted was the front bumper as the dealer had a very steep driveway and they managed to scrape the bottom of the front bumper pretty pad. Since then, the paint cracked on the front (See picture below). It's been cracked for three years now and hasn't gotten any worse. Just haven't repainted it.

Other issues - passenger side rear seat had a baby seat in the latch system for probably seven years of its life, so the leather is a little deformed in spots. Now that the seat is coming out, I image with some heat from the sun, it will mostly come out, but won't be perfect. Picture below.

Rear bumper also has some "nicks" in it that I touched up. Not perfect, but I was OK with it. It's on the lower side of the bumper, so not real noticeable, but it bothered me.

Only other items I would mention are the wheels. They're OK. Not as nice as I'd like. I always kept them mint. Wife drove the car once and curbed a wheel. I replaced it, and you can have the original wheel. It can be repaired, wasn't that bad, but I was able to get my hands on a cheap wheel. Then the last time I put tires on the car (Continental Extreme Contact DWS 235/45/17), the shop didn't do the nicest job putting the tires on. I didn't notice until too late. I took pictures of all wheels for you to see. Tires are 5 months old and have maybe 5000 miles on them. Plenty of wear left.

Otherwise, usual stone chips on the front of an eight year old 74k mile car.

And that's it. That's all the bad. The car is in outstanding condition and was always taken care of, both mechanically and for looks. Leather was always conditioned, rugs cleaned and vacuumed, paint clayed and waxed, etc. Anything that was needed mechanically was handled when it was supposed to. As I did most of the work myself, I do not have records unfortunately. Oil was always changed when it was due, cabin filter and air filters replaced when due, etc. I DO have receipts for Acura oil, cabin and air filters, so you can have those if you like. Battery was replaced (Also Acura since it lasted so long the first time.) Everything was OEM where possible. Only warranty work ever performed (That I can recall) was the DVD in the trunk for the navigation. It had an issue that it wouldn't display the maps and the dealer traced it back to that. Also had the transmission fluid changed to the updated Acura fluid and the shifts were MUCH better.

Non-smoker, no pets ever in the car. No food, either, for that matter.

PA inspection and emissions is good through 10/2015. Acura OEM wipers refills recently installed.

As I said, car is a blast to drive. Really enjoyed, and I'll miss it, but no need to keep it. Ask if you have any questions or wish to see any other photos. Price is negotiable, within reason.

Click the thumbnails for larger pictures.

Last edited by Pat D; 03-08-2015 at 08:43 PM.
Old 03-10-2015, 09:09 AM
Unregistered User

Added a carfax for the car. Also found KBB shows a very low value if you use their defaults (Which phones/tablets seem to do.) Also attached the KBB with the proper options.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Carfax 20150310 Clean.pdf (2.00 MB, 204 views)
Old 03-14-2015, 06:25 AM
Unregistered User

TL is now up on EBay. Buy it now is $12,500, keeping the price at $12,000 for members of Acurazine. Contact me here if interested.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121595677234?forcerRptr=true&item=121595677234&viewitem=
Old 03-21-2015, 02:43 PM
Unregistered User

Officially rolled over to 74k this week. . .

Acura TL Base Sedan 4 Door | eBay
Old 03-28-2015, 10:35 AM
Unregistered User

Sold!