Location (State/Prov): CA

1. Price: 11000
2. Mileage: 106500
3. Color, Transmission-auto or manual, Navi: White, AT, Non-navi
4. Reason for selling: College
5. Location: Los Angeles, CA
6. Pictures:
7. Are you the first owner: I'm the second owner
8a. Title is clean/clear/rebuilt/salvage/if other, explain further (select one): Clean title, Clean car fax
8b. Do you have title in hand or it is being held by a lienholder: I have the title in hand.
9. VIN (would be nice to have but I can understand that some people do not want to publicly post this): only to serious buyer
10. Modifications: NONE
11. Service record: All available since the car hit the ground with 4 miles.

It's a relatively nice car, sad to let it go.
Warranty on all four relatively new tires at American's Tires. Take your car back to the shop whenever your tires are damage, they will replace it for free.
Car comes with 3 keys, 2 keys with keyless entry, and a valet key which is unable to open the trunk or glove box.
I'm the second owner, who has been taken real good care of this car. The car is bone stock and WDP TLs are hard to find these days. I would love to have someone who appreciate TLs to have this beauty.
I'm looking for a fair deal here, so please feel free to bring your own mechanic to check the car if it pleases you.
Price is somewhat negotiable, but do not low ball. Thanks in advance.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by Ron A; 12-05-2011 at 08:25 AM.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:31 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
need to sell this car ASAP college tuition. shoot me an offer before i take it to the dealer.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:22 PM
Intermediate

Price dropped to 11000, can't be lower. Let me know, it really is a nice car. car can be gifted

mod edit-changed
Old 12-15-2011, 08:31 PM
bottom_line

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clean and simple GLWS
Old 03-04-2012, 11:29 AM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Seller didnt tell me the car doesnt pass smog even after asking him what is wrong with the car mechanically/electrically. He even gauranteed me it would pass.

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/drove-8-hours-nothing-very-long-post-849547/
Old 03-04-2012, 01:31 PM
Administrator

Received 1,012 Likes on 577 Posts
Originally Posted by david_vang
Seller didnt tell me the car doesnt pass smog even after asking him what is wrong with the car mechanically/electrically. He even gauranteed me it would pass.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=849547
I'm looking for a reply from the OP. I sent him a PM to tell him the thread has been updated.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:17 AM
Intermediate

it all started way back in Dec the first time he asked to buy my car for 9K, so I simply ignored him. 2 months later, Feb 2012, he asked me again, came back with a better offer. So i naturally would like to do business with him.
However, ever since he started contacting, the cycle, "Is there anything wrong with the car?", "Has this/that been fixed", "according to the post you had on Acurazine, have you addressed those issues?", "Can you lower the price?", had begun.
It was in the middle of Feb when he asked all these questions and I understood his concerns since he's a younger person, so I didn't really care, and also tried to be as corporative as possible.
I have never failed to answer his questions, nor gave him any ambiguous answers. Just before he came over on Sat, he told me he could only do 10k, and asked me if i want to hold onto that 500 and risk for a longer waiting time for another buyer to show up, or lose that 500 then he would come take the car. I didn't like the price so I just said no. After that "cycle", he offered me 10400, and I told him that he could pick either "registration" or "smog". Naturally, any buyer would have picked the Smog, and I knew it. I also told him that the car could use a new battery, and I'll through in a new battery if he could raise the price back up to 10500. But he answered: "No I want the new battery, and I won't raise the price. That was the deal."
Then I went to DMV to pay for the new tag, found out that I have to do the smog so i figured i might as well just do the smog myself and freed myself from the demonic "cycle".
To be honest, this pending sale had been very tiring since it had lasted like half a month, so I didn't even wanna bother to fight for the damn price anymore.
So I changed the battery the night before he came over, and I did in fact tell him that the car would SURELY pass the smog since I have never done ANY modification to the car at all.
The next day when he arrived, I met his bro and he's a very nice person. We had some talks and he understood me pretty well. After a few test drives, his bro liked the car, and also told me there's nothing wrong with the car mechanically after he plugged his own CPU to my car after failing the smog. So we took it to a smog shop where my mechanic recommended, and all the people from the smog shops told me the same thing:
"You just need to drive it more. After you disconnected the battery terminal, it would take some time for the car to relearn the driving cycle. There's nothing wrong mechanically with the car. It just needs to be driven more. A good 40-60 miles trip could do the job, depending on the car."
Then after some discussion within his family, his bro told me that it'd be a bad news for me. They didn't wanna deal with the trouble. Who would want to?
The I told his bro that if the car passed smog within the day, I'll call him back.
After I took off, he began texting me in a very rude manner, suggesting that I screwed him over and embarrassed him after he forced his parents to drive for long hours "intentionally". I told him to clam down and I had no idea that a never-modified 2004 tl would not be able to pass the smog. He just told me things like "I wish you didn't lie to us" which I completely understand why he would say that, so I decided to make a quick run, hoping that the smog would pass after it.
Then I drove the car to the freeway, for about 55 miles, went back to the smog shop, and it passed like a champ with no problems. So I called him again, then he raised another question.
"How would I know if you had paid the guy under the table to pass you?"
I then told him that his brother would be able to check it out from his cpu if he doesn't believe me.
He then just told me that he would buy the car if he can take it out and smog again at a shop they assign. After hearing that I knew the sale is cold because I don't think I can deal with this guy anymore, so I just told him i can't do it because I did not want to pay twice for it.
Then he told me, Quote "Too bad then." "We're not coming back lol."

Sometimes you do not have to be difficult. I learned a lot and I hope you did too, for your best interest. If you are skeptical, you should have brought a mechanic along.

Last edited by Ivan20032003; 03-05-2012 at 05:23 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:19 AM
Intermediate

PS: Sorry I really don't know much about cars that's why I have been a searcher more than a poster. I have gained tons of knowledge from this forum filled with generous people. And if this incident has caused any damaged to this community I am truly sorry about it.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:21 AM
Administrator

Received 1,012 Likes on 577 Posts
Can you post a picture of the smog certificate?
Old 03-05-2012, 12:16 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
If you guys plan on buying make sure you redo the smog youself...
Old 03-05-2012, 12:42 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 20,014 Likes on 14,518 Posts
I'd like to see it too...interesting to hear the other side of the story. Reminds me of some of the trials and tribulations I went through when selling my RSX-S.

GLWS, man. Too bad it didn't work out.

J.