Make: Acura
Model: TL
Price: $30000/28000 without Volks
Mileage: 36100
Color: WDP with black/tan interior
Location (State/Prov): VA

1. Price: $30,000 as she sits + all spare parts
2. Mileage: 36,100
3. Color, Transmission-auto or manual, Navi? WDP on Custom 2-Tone black/tan interior – 6MT with Navigation
4. Reason for selling: “too many toys, too little time”
5. Location: Northern Virginia - Stafford
6. Pictures: Below
7. Are you the first owner? Yes- bought new -Original owner
8. Title information: Clear title, Financed
a. Clean/clear/rebuilt/salvage/other (explain further). Clean Carfax !
b. Also state if you have title or it is being held by a lienholder. Lien on car by Pentagon Federal Credit Union
9. VIN (would be nice to have but I can understand that some people do not want to publicly post this): Available via private disclosure
10. Modifications: ALL OF THEM
11. Service record: All service records kept - Mobil1 Synthetics every 4500 miles, Fresh transmission oil, Brake fluid, and Power Steering fluid changed every summer.1
2. If leased, provide details, such as length of lease, payoff amount, etc.

2006 Acura TL 3.2L Supercharged 6MT with Navigation WDP/2-tone -36,000 miles. Tastefully tricked out… A beautiful, complete, show-worthy project car.

$30K with Volks as she stands, with a truckload of new takeoff parts to boot
$28K with factory TL-S waffle wheels and all takeoffs

I am the original owner, purchased new from Radley Acura in Woodbridge VA in April 2006. All miles on the car are highway, up and down I95 commuting, by me exclusively. Let’s be clear about condition… I don’t street race, I’m not a kid. I have enjoyed the supercharger occasionally, but the truth is, it’s been in bypass most of its 7000 miles installed, as I cruise to the office at 70mph on cruise up 95. When you put the time and energy into doing all this mod work yourself, you find you’re a bit more “careful” in how you drive.

So today is a sad day for me. After 4 years on Acurazine, 4000+ posts, and a fortune spent on my TL, I’ve decided to sell her… This 3G TL is arguably one of the classiest and best modded on the 3G forum (jptl04 always wins in my book). My photography skills suck, so I’ve never gotten around to posting a whole bunch of pictures here, but I linked some of my better discussions and mod plans below… I’ve spent most of my time behind the wrench, wheel, and keyboard here… not behind the camera.

There’s not a lot left to do to this thing… ever… except drive, polish, and maintenance. All modification work performed defined below was performed exclusively by me. As a perfectionist (and general lack of faith in those in the mechanic industry), I’ve never let anyone ever touch this vehicle other than me. Every mod was executed with care, and any part/clip/trim that got broke during install, was replaced. It is truly a fantastic, and frankly show winning automobile, yet is daily driver capable. No need for me to belabor my love for this car, the mods speak for themselves below. All maintenance actions have also been performed by yours truly, Mobil1 Synthetics only- but there hasn’t been a lot to do with only 36K miles on the odometer. (7 oil changes, tranny fluid, brake fluid and PS fluid each summer… ).

My reasons for sale are not financially motivated, but rather, a relative value trade off. My pace of life is picking up and my priorities are changing. I have 2 kids now which keep me very busy on the weekends. My career is really taking off, and that’s keeping me even busier as well, so these two factors are leaving little time for a car obsession. I commute 80 miles a day, and responsibly use a civic hybrid for that, so the TL has been relegated to my weekend car. The kids hardly ride in the TL as we seem to always opt for the family minivan (Odyssey Touring, actually very nice) due to car seats, etc…
I have a Harley V-Rod in the garage, so that satisfies most desires for speed, and weekend driving, so the TL seems to always be 4th fiddle in the automotive pecking order.

All that said, I’ve put probably 300 miles on it in the last year. It’s turned into just something else for me to have to keep up… and I don’t have the time it deserves. It just sits with the cover on it, getting a bi monthly loop around the neighborhood to keep it turned over.
Last month, the battery died and I have since replaced it with a new Stinger… and at the same time decided that if I’m not driving this car enough to keep the battery charged, it needs to go.
My price is above firm. My records calculate well over $17,000 in “parts” alone, never mind the countless hours spent installing them. KBB value on a private sale stock TL 6MT with Nav is about $20K with this low mileage. Add some on top for the mods, and the flawless installations, and I think the price is more than fair for the craftsmanship that has gone into it.
I don’t need the money, and the truth is, I’m kind of shopping for the right buyer. As I stated, I don’t need to sell this car, but I could use the free space in the garage, and the weight of something else to keep maintenance on off my shoulders. I’d like to find a mature buyer who’s going to value the time and energy I’ve put into this car, so I can know my efforts were not in vain, and it will make someone smile every time they look at it. It has done that for me for the last 4 years, but it needs to go to someone who has more time to enjoy it.
Now… I AM NOT INTERESTED IN PARTING THE CAR OUT, IN ANY WAY. It comes fully baked as is, as a completed project. The truth is, you could part out most of the mods on the car, sell them on the classifieds and recoup a large part of the investment, and drive a stock TL if that’s what you to do… and here’s the kicker, I saved every nut, screw, trim piece, etc ever removed from the car, so you could do that if you want, but what fun would that be?
Bring a truck, it’s a lot of parts that go with this thing.

PLEASE, Serious inquiries only. My price is firm, lowballers will be ignored.
If you want to step into a show winning, meticulously built, low mileage Supercharged 3G, here it is.
All questions to:
Email christopher.a.kennedy @ gmail.com

Wheels:
-Rays Engineering Volk GT-S 19x8.5 +43 offset (pad A faced) on Falken 452 245/35/19 less than 10,000 miles – NO CURBS or DINGS
- Volk center caps
-TPMS sensors installed
-McGard spline drive lugnuts

Window Tint:
-Llumar Platinum Plus 35% all around

Engine/Power Modifications:
-Comptech Supercharger with fresh Aeroquip oil, hand mirror polished manifolds (see pics thread)
-Unorthodox Racing stock size lightweight drive pulley
-2007 Acura TL-S high flow pre-cats
-Internally ported, and externally polished intake manifold with powder coated cover
-Outlaw Engineering intake manifold spacer
-ATLP v1 J-Pipe
-ATLP 3rd cat delete with A/F bung ready (capped)
-ATLP original QUAD exhaust (no longer in production = unique)
-Innovative Mounts 65a Durometer Engine Mounts
-(Uninstalled) Snow performance boost cooler
-Autometer NEXUS boost gauge on A-pillar
-Throttle body bypass
-Skunk2 oil cap

Transmission/Clutch Modifications:
-Comptech short shifter
-Corsport aluminum shifter bushings
-Performance Engineering transmission oil
-Skunk2 weighted shift knob
-Braided clutch line
-Clutch slave removed

Suspension Modifications:
-Tein SS Adjustable Suspension with EDFC active - custom mounted in cubby
-TL-S performance strut bushings
-PROGRESS 24mm rear sway bar mounted with Energy Suspension greasable poly bushings
-2007 TL-S solid front sway bar mounted with Energy Suspension poly bushings
-Greddy Strut tower bar on Accord top hats

Braking Modifications:
-Racingbrake 2 piece slotted front rotors
-Racingbrake one piece slotted rear rotors
-Racingbrake pads
-Braided stainless steel brake lines
-Black G2 caliper paint on rears with custom white ACURA stickers to match front Brembos
-Fresh DoT4 fluid

Steering Modifications:
-2007 TL-S Steering rack and power steering pump – for tighter steering and control
-A-Spec Steering wheel

Lighting Modifications:
-Cleared headlights, custom painted Carbon Fiber accents (see build thread)
-BMW ZKW projector lenses - – Lazer beams, best mod on the car…
-Umnitza Halo angel eyes
-White/Yellow LED turn signals/running lights
-Phillips 85122+ HID bulbs
- 3000K HID fogs

-Fully cleared TL-S tail lights

-Custom LED illuminated license plate
-Modified white front side markers
-Modified brighter rear red side markers
-Yellow LED turn signal (with resistors so they blink properly)
-LED reverse illumination
-Interior LED illumination
-Custom made hand modified illuminated door sills – rare and awesome.

Custom Interior:
This is one of the more interesting features… when I was shopping for a TL, I wanted WDP on black interior… None were available on the east coast for months… I ended up with the WDP on tan. Since then, I have been progressively “two-toning” the interior. I have bought all new interior parts. Just a summary:
-All fake wood trim replaced with fake carbon fiber from black interior
-OEM Carbon Fiber trim kit installed
-All tan armrests (doors and console) replaced with black leather
-Lower A,B, and C pillars replaced with black
-Black all weather mats
-Black rear decklid
-Black headrests
-Black oh-sh!t handles and interior light trims (TL-S)
-Any removable button is now black (seat controls, glovebox, etc)
-I’m sure there’s more, but I can’t remember it all…
Additional interior add-ons:
-Custom fitted TL-S gauge trim rings
-Custom pedal covers
-Tein EDFC, mediagate HDD, and V1 remote display integrated into center console

Body Modifications:
-Full A-Spec kit and badging, rear A-spec lip from TL-S to accommodate ATLP quads – custom aluminum mesh in rear
-REAL formed carbon fiber from lip overlay (handmade by user kbspec)
-Carbon Fiber look roof spoiler
-TL-S trunk lip spoiler
-Custom painted front grill bar, and chromed grill trim surrounds
-Custom made aluminum mesh lower front grilles
-OEM parking sensors
-Carbon Fiber inlay on “front ACURA logo”
-3M clearbra on hood, front bumper and fenders

Audio Visual/Electronic Modifications:
-Infinity Kappa 63.7i front speakers
-Infinity Kappa 62.7i rear speakers
-Infinity 1011t
- Infinity center channel (can't remember the nomenclature)
-JL e1200 150W for sub
-JL w3v2 8” sub in the stock hole
-Navigation HACK CD… No nag boot.- Can show you how to customize this too.
-LOTS of Dynamat throughout the doors and rear area

AV Electronics AV switching system allowing 4 separate inputs to be switched. Currently setup:
-PS2 in glovebox (for DVD’s mainly) - comes with car
-Mediagate HD in armrest (for ripped movies and mp3) - Comes with car
-iPOD on a Kuda mount
… and the 4th was the native TV Tuner, which was cool, but no longer works in the all digital age (but it still installed).
AVelectronic stated they will remove the tvtuner interface and install RCA interfaces for free
-Reverse camera
-All Stinger shielded wiring
-Window Controller – rolls windows up with remote
-TL-S seat memory buttons with modded blue leds
-Blue LED security flash
-Prewired for Valentine 1 in upper left window, with remote display in cubby

SPARES:
-Like new OEM “waffle” TL-S wheel/tires with less than 10K miles –ran these for 1 winter - Winter wheels.
-Spare SC belt
-OEM Cover
-Every part that was ever removed

I also have a PILE of receipts and install documentation. My meticulous install work also applies to records management.

Some of my interesting threads documenting some of the detail of these mods:

Headlights
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/creating-perfect-tl-headlight-another-headlight-clearing-adventure-625556/

ATLP install and sound feedback:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...=630054&page=6
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-performance-parts-modifications-112/atlp-quads-little-too-loud-me-710930/

Cleared Tails:
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-photograph-gallery-96/teaser-wdp-cleared-tails-atlp-quads-volk-gt-s-what-else-could-you-want-719377/

Two –tone interior:
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-photograph-gallery-96/two-tone-interior-pics-690438/

My pics are pretty ratty... bottom line, come give it a test drive, cause the pics won't do it justice.

Pre headlight/taillight/grill mods, but good pics on a sunny day:

http://usera.imagecave.com/kennedyus...S/DSC_0495.JPG

Old 10-19-2010, 08:12 AM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Thanks all...
hard to sell eh? Azine is known for having some lowballers and broke asses LOL. What's funny is noone every keeps records on what they spend in mods. It's nothing for folks to spend 5-10K in mods over a few years, but balk when they see that tacked on to a modded car. I understand how mods often devalue a car, but in this case, this car is no longer a modded TL... It's TLSC Sport.

Hell, look at my TL, the SC/Exhaust/Suspension/Brakes/Rims are alone the $10K add on in price in investment, most of those mods are "mandatory", by 3G forum standards, and folks don't bat an eye dropping the cash on them... Look how many threads list all the "mod plans". Here's a TL with no mod plan needed, just drive and enjoy.

Funny story... I'm a high mod tolerance guy as you guys can tell.

Before I got into the TL, I was in a 2002 VW Jetta Diesel, econobox, to which I found tdiclub.com and the power of tuning a turbodiesel. I met a guy, seasoned modder, who had the same year Jetta I did, except he had spent a fortune converting the Jetta into the European "BORA" sport offering... OEM 6speed dropped in, HID when it was $1200 to retrofit, Euro nav and radio, OEM suede seats... It was legit, designed to compete with MB and BMW in the european market. Once he finished it, he offered it up for sale to move on to a Passat AWD Diesel conversion.
I jumped - Within 30 days I parted the mods of my Jetta and bought his Bora.
Over 2 years I put another $2K in power mods and other things on it... Kept it classy like I always do, but it was puttin down 450 ftlbs of torque, and was track ready.
I drove it for 2 years, put 60K+ miles on it (over 110K when sold), and I sold it for $3K more than I paid for it in 2006. It was that unique of a car. I found a buyer who had been lusting after it since I bought it, and he paid a modest price for it.
This story articulates how that car found "2" of the special kind of buyer I'm looking for... me and the guy I sold it to. In both cases the buyers understood the relative value of what they were buying.

This TL falls into that category. Is it a steal? For the relative value I say a resounding yes. Is it cheap? absolutely not... but someone wil get a deal in the long run.

My serious reccomendation is if there's a TL owner out there with a lightly modded 3G, and always wanted something like this... Part it out and sell it, and pick this jewel up.

Also, I don't know if it's clear, but almost all of these parts are exceptionally low milage. The brakes are brand new. The SC has less than 7K miles...
Hard to sell? Perhaps, but you'll be hard pressed to find a 3G with sucj low milsge, clean, and high quality mods/install.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:16 AM
Administrator

Received 1,006 Likes on 575 Posts
In accordance with the Members Cars For Sale Forum Rules and Regulations parting out offers or requests are not allowed in this forum.

If the OP decides to part out he will have to start a new thread in the main forum, and he can post that information here with a link to the new thread. Conduct your parting out business in the linked thread, not in this thread.

Do not send PM's to the seller unless you are invited to do so.

Any parting out discussions posted above have been deleted, and future parting out posts will be deleted without notice.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:32 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 306 Likes on 193 Posts
Originally Posted by Blazing GT
if you can ACTUALLY sell this car for 30Gs,

I will let you sell my RL!
If I didn't have mine I would have bought this for 30k no problem. Everyone has suspension, exhaust, intake and about 4-5k into their cars. This car is worth 20k, which makes that 25k. You will pay 5k more for about 15k worth of parts that you can sell. You can sell the s/c and rims and some of the other mods and have a really cheap, clean looking TL. Good luck, I do agree that this site really isn't for selling the car though, but you may get lucky. People on here thought should appreciate the work/time and money you put into it as I do and they will see its really worth the price.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:12 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Beautiful car....lotsa show with even more go! So much nicer than a lot of the cheesed out cars that seem to be coming the norm here lately. And the pride of workman/ownership really shows!

Originally Posted by Kennedy
Hard to sell? Perhaps, but you'll be hard pressed to find a 3G with sucj low milsge, clean, and high quality mods/install.
Hold out for the right buyer. There's always some douche who will feel that they need to school you about why you are asking too much for your car....fuck 'em. For someone who truly appreciates a tastefully modded out hyper-TL, this is thier car! GLWS!
Old 10-20-2010, 07:46 AM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

All,
Thanks for the support. I hope folks who aren't recognizing the value of the price do recongnize everything that comes with this car. A complete set of virtually new TL-S wheels for winter, is included, for example.

Complete is an understatement.
Had her out for dinner last night, had an old firend in town, we took it for a spin. He called it the space shuttle. The engine turnover, the SC whine, the ATLP exhaust, the minor vibes from the motor mounts, all the beeps for the electronics (V1, edfc, etc)... it's intoxicating, you do feel like you're preparing for flight. Makes it hard to sell...

Someone asked for pics of the 2 tone:
Here's a pic I snapped with the iphone.

If weather permits I'll try to get a new set of pics for everyone this weekend... but pics don't do the vehicle justice.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Well maintained and fully modded ride. GLWS.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Whats that thing stuck to the center console from the passenger side?
Old 10-20-2010, 11:02 PM
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
i think that is for the phone
Old 10-20-2010, 11:09 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Originally Posted by Sandals
Whats that thing stuck to the center console from the passenger side?
It's called a KUDA mount. Cool place I mount my ipod/iphone.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:25 PM
Race Director

Received 596 Likes on 430 Posts
Wow..immaculate TL. If i had the finances, this car would be sold. Good luck with the sale
Old 10-21-2010, 10:12 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry guys but it is still just an Acura. it is not worth 30 K. christ for that price you can go out there and get a real car. prosche or Bm M3
get serious guy's wake up and stop sucking up
Old 10-21-2010, 02:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 306 Likes on 193 Posts
Originally Posted by butnin
sorry guys but it is still just an Acura. it is not worth 30 K. ,"christ for that price you can buy this car, sell the parts and have a 06 TL with LOW milage for only $15k or so" prosche or Bm M3
get serious guy's wake up and stop sucking up
^fixed. By the way, for 30k the only porsche or M3 you can get is a real, used piece of junk. A decent new porsche starts at about 60k with 2-3x more insurance rate than the TL.

This funny guy just PMd me saying that he found a new way to mod the tail lights and will be "posting up his services to charge less". I am not going to comment, and be "mature" about it, but this car IS WORTH 20K, has 17K in parts that almost everyone invests in. IT IS WORTH 30k. Even though he installed everything himself because he is handy, the s/c alone installed is $500-700 and I guarantee those 17k in parts would be 23k or so installed.

Last edited by AckTL05; 10-21-2010 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:28 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Please,
Let's not turn my thread into: "wut, $30K, for that I saw a twin turbo Gt-R on craigslists last week, it just needs a new front end, I'll just go get that".

Don't like my price, move on, this car is not for you. There are super deals for hookers, $10 xbox's, $15 designer clothes, and other fabulous opportunities to get shafted on craigslist and autotrader. I encourage those not enthused by this opportunity go explore those.

I already have 2 prospects and a test drive scheduling, we'll see.

I know there are cheaper rides out there that could be perceived as of higher value. Buying used is a risk, you know what your getting here. Younguns never evaluate total cost of ownership... BMW's are unreliable and maintenence heavy. The ones you see so cheap are through the 5/50k warranty, and service forward is about a $1K a pop. It is just and Acura, but the 3G body-styling is one of Acura' pinnacles based on what you see today, and they are holding thier value better than almost anyhting else out there. Couple that with the mods on this ride, I'd have it over anything less than $50K

This car is for a TL enthusiast who wants a turnkey hotrod instead of having to build it himself. Go look at the mod lists in the 3G forum. Every poster has there has some serious loot tied up int thier 3G, almost all of them MORE than $30K. This car is a steal compared to what it cosst to start from scratch and "compete" in this community.

... and I have no doubt I could part this car out for more than $30K. Time is money though, and I'd rather see it go to an enthusiast than be parted to the vultures.

Thanks

Last edited by Kennedy; 10-21-2010 at 03:30 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:40 PM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
worth every penny.

i think some of us OG folks will miss your dry, sarcastic humor

Good Luck with the sale.... not to muck up your thread, but any plans for a replacement "weekend warrior" ?

EDIT: p.s, couldnt view your 2-tone interior pics... very curious to see them... that thread didnt show any

Last edited by BLACKURA_NY; 10-21-2010 at 04:43 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:16 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Originally Posted by BLACKURA_NY
worth every penny.

i think some of us OG folks will miss your dry, sarcastic humor

Good Luck with the sale.... not to muck up your thread, but any plans for a replacement "weekend warrior" ?

EDIT: p.s, couldnt view your 2-tone interior pics... very curious to see them... that thread didnt show any
Sup OGBlac...

Not immediately. As I stated in my tiring to read dribble, I have a bored and stroked V-rod (harley drag bike) in the garage, so it has kinda been meeting the "weekend warrior" needs. When it gets cold, i don't do too much with either.

Whatever I do next, it must have a drop top, but we'll see. My kids have taken over the house, so I'm feeling cramped, want something with a 2 car garage and maybe a pool... That's why I want the house upgrade... and I'm tired of having 4 machines to maintain and caretake too.

Look above for a few snaps of the 2 tone... posted em last night.

Last edited by Kennedy; 10-21-2010 at 05:18 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:15 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Not worth 30k...what you have to understand is mods do not raise the value of the car...especially forced induction mods...God knows if the car was tuned by joe blow in the basement garage...The motor can blow as soon as you buy it...But the car from the pictures is very clean...i would part out the car and turn it back to stock and then sell it...
Old 10-22-2010, 08:04 AM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Originally Posted by STeelTL
Not worth 30k...what you have to understand is mods do not raise the value of the car...especially forced induction mods...God knows if the car was tuned by joe blow in the basement garage...The motor can blow as soon as you buy it...But the car from the pictures is very clean...i would part out the car and turn it back to stock and then sell it...
I see you can clearly read and thanks for respecting my wishes in keeping this thread free of your opinions of value. Clearly this car isn't for you.

What you have to understand is the CTSC isn't tunable, and even today, NOONE has been able to negotiate the TL's closed loop tuning, only a very small handful (2 I've seen) have been able to setup the FIC and get a tune o the TL.
This is car was not tuned in Joe's basement, and you certainly seem to be one to offer opinions on tuning considering your vast expereinces. The CTSC is as installed out of the box, using the provided CT ACM.

Thanks for the comments. My price is my price.

Last edited by Kennedy; 10-22-2010 at 08:10 AM.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:41 AM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Just a quick update:

I found some more parts to throw on the pile...
If it wasn't clear, the PS2 stays in the glovebox, and the mediagate media player installed in the center console, which is full of mp3s and movies, all comes with the car.

- I just found in the garage a Cusco polished aluminum CCV catch can I never got around to installing.

and

- a set of Varad UL200 led underbody lighting. Was gonna setup some of those slick puddle lights on the side skirts. It comes with 4 sticks, 2 long and 2 short.

I was gonna put the two long sticks under the side skirts, one short one in the trunk, and one under the hood for nighttime engine illum.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:39 AM
Retired!!! ON TOP!!!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Good Luck with the sale Kennedy... You've always kept your TL very clean.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
wow...$30K! for a TL. i'll keep an eye on this thread to see how long it stays for sale. outside looks perfect! i wish i was close to take it for a test drive.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:57 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Originally Posted by silver3.5
wow...$30K! for a TL. i'll keep an eye on this thread to see how long it stays for sale. outside looks perfect! i wish i was close to take it for a test drive.
Correction:

$19K for a TL.
$11K for almost $20K of additional parts installed on it.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:11 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Correction:

$19K for a TL.
$11K for almost $20K of additional parts installed on it.
i'm not knocking your price at all! and i have no problem paying $30K for a supercharged TL with all those mods; but my biggest concern as a potential buyer is...who tuned it? how well it was tuned? was it tuned properly? any documentations? what if i ran into problems later on, who will take the responsibility of trying to fix it. most tuner shops don't like to take on other people's problems and if they do, it's going to be expensive. there are alot of mechanic-minded folks on AZ, but sometimes a long list of mods only create more headaches in the long run. knowing who you're buying from is also very important sometimes.

your car is spectacular and modded to the grill. if i wasn't looking for a minivan to haul my 2 kids (3rd on the way), i will seriously consider it. 3G TLs is my favorite!

good luck on the sale!
Old 11-08-2010, 05:23 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Originally Posted by silver3.5
i'm not knocking your price at all! and i have no problem paying $30K for a supercharged TL with all those mods; but my biggest concern as a potential buyer is...who tuned it? how well it was tuned? was it tuned properly? any documentations? what if i ran into problems later on, who will take the responsibility of trying to fix it. most tuner shops don't like to take on other people's problems and if they do, it's going to be expensive. there are alot of mechanic-minded folks on AZ, but sometimes a long list of mods only create more headaches in the long run. knowing who you're buying from is also very important sometimes.

your car is spectacular and modded to the grill. if i wasn't looking for a minivan to haul my 2 kids (3rd on the way), i will seriously consider it. 3G TLs is my favorite!

good luck on the sale!
Thanks for the comments.

Hadn't been on in a while, had a good buyer lined up, but he couldn't get the pennies rolled. Bummer for him.

To address your tuning concern... I'm still not convinced there is a relaible tuning option for the 3GTL. I've laughed at post like that for years, as if there's a truly viable tuning solution available anywhere off the shelf. Show me more that 3 folks on here that have accomplished a reliable tune with forced induction? Isn't the turbo even having tuning issues?

I've seen a few folks around here worrying the AEM FIC with Paul's extended harness, but lately seen problems with that. 04accordcpe swears by Churches tuning out in CA... but ultimately, I can't find anyone on the east coast I would trust to attempt the tune.

I quit worrying about it, It still has the Comptech ACM, as does every other 3GTL w/CTSC in service except the one or two exceptions on this forum.

I drive civily, I have the meth kit ready to install for further knock protection and I'm counting on those two things to keep it reliable.

If the motor blows on th enew buyer, as with any used car, the buyer would be responsible. This car is no longer under warranty.
That said, all the bad press on the Comptech ACM's lack of engine management, for 3-4 blown engines I've tracked on this forum, I have personally tracked several of them to pushing the risk boundary... High boost pulley's, cat removal, etc. Doing every achievable bolt on mod, in the absence of tuning, with the CTSC places you in a higher risk bracket...

The CTSC ACM was tuned for the CT exhaust, and everything else stock. I have a J-pipe and TL-S better flowing primary cats. That's a little more flow than tuned for, that's as far as i'm willing to go. I have never run cat deletes, even tthough they are great for FI engines, this pushes my risk limit.

This is my opinion... but for every CTSC blown motor on the forum, there's several other cars with tens of thoudands of hard ridden miles on a CTSC. You want factory boost reliability and warranty, you need a different car under warranty, and unmodified... and what fun is that?

Speaking of that, for the serious motorheads in NoVA, NVA-AV6 (Paul), considered one of the premier honda engine guys on the east coast is 45 minutes away. I am certain he would like to get into this TL with interested buyer and build it into a beast... what a great platfrom to start from.

As for documentation, I have the instructions for every mod I did to the car (that came with them). That said, it is a hobby car. I noticed one of my LED mods in the memo buttons flickering. I'll need to fix that. Every car, as it ages, has little things that have to be addressed.

Last edited by Kennedy; 11-08-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:29 PM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 433 Likes on 319 Posts
Everyone that is not interested, or thinks the car is overpriced just don't post. The car is complete in almost everyway. You'll end up spending the same or more for half of his mods listed for the price he is given for his car (minus car value).

GLWS
Old 11-13-2010, 08:31 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TheChamp531
Everyone that is not interested, or thinks the car is overpriced just don't post. The car is complete in almost everyway. You'll end up spending the same or more for half of his mods listed for the price he is given for his car (minus car value).

GLWS
It really kills me when I see post like this! I know/understand what “opinions” can do to a thread, but as a member that's exactly what I want. I want to read the "opinions" of the members on this forum that think the car is overpriced as well as the members that think the car is priced just right. In the end, the buyer has to determine if it's the right purchase for them. The OP shouldn't be offended. The only way the OP should be offended is if you think your car is overpriced as well and you're hoping to catch some gullible buyer on this forum to unload your car. From the respect you’ve received on this forum, I certainly don’t think you’re such a person, so you should certainly welcome the opinions of your fellow members and not see the need to always defend your price. Everyone think back to when you decided to purchase your TL...I'll bet you read (just like I did) everything you could about it (positive, negative, price...etc). Some folks hated it, some folks loved it, but in the end I read ALL the “opinions” and decided to purchase it! See how it works?! No matter what was written about the TL, in the end it was my decision, but I was certainly happy I read the “opinions” of the folks that had been there, done that before I did….call me stupid, call me crazy, call me whatever you want (these are your opinions), but the day they (Administrators) stop allowing opinions on this forum, that’s the day I’m no longer a member.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:53 PM
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by TheChamp531

GLWS
yes man that is true sometimes i don;t understand some members; that is how you help to others members' with negative comments if you think the car is overpriced you don;t need post bad comments
Old 11-14-2010, 11:17 PM
18psi

Received 94 Likes on 68 Posts
Isn't the turbo even having tuning issues?
Nope FIC works great and closed-loop tuning is completely possible with the FIC like you said.

GLWS, i believe the car is worth the price
Old 11-15-2010, 03:46 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Hey now...

Well folks, sorry to create such a controversial topic over the asking price of my car... it seems that controversy stigma has followed me for the last few years.
There are couple of dynamics at play here with regard to my price...

1) In the "parts" black market, you are not allowed to post "your opinion" of the price. Not sure why that's being tolerated here in this forum, but in accordance with the BM rules:
4. If you are NOT INTERESTED in an item that is up for sale: DO NOT POST IN THAT THREAD. Please do not talk to your buddies or post irrelevant questions or comments.

I've seen folks get booted for this.

2) I ASKED folks to not clutter my thread with this. I was hoping to keep the thread free of opinion and post only factual information about the car's history. The price issue is self regulating, if my price is too high, it won't sell/ Allowing it to devolve into this confuses prospective buyer.

3) Let's be clear... There are clearly two camps posting here. Uninitiated modders/enthusiast who see "$30K and TL" and state "price too high" cause the lowball culture here... I expected tha, and then seasoned modders who realize the value of the work done on this car, and say " it's a great deal". If there was ANY post here poo'ing poo'ing my price with something to justify that thought/post, I'd reconsider... but how can anyone argue a blue book valued TL $19K + almost $20K of parts and $4k of labor for $30K is a bad deal.

MYNVT, and others, your opinion of my vehicle's worth is welcome on this forum, just not in this thread, in accordance with the rules posted above... It pollutes the intent of this FS forum. I believe your statement was oriented at me directly, when it was another seasoned member defending the price of my vehicle you responded too...

In no way is anyone attempting to conceal anything or counting on a "gullable buyer" to "screw over". In fact, my request is to keep the thread free of that discussion is designed to assure the clarity of the value of my price. I want any prospective to fully understand, through full disclosure, what they're getting for my price... which is why you see such a thorough posting of the cars mods and history.
My problem is with uneducated opinions eroding the message I'm trying to convey. What your witnessing is the war between the opinionated ignorant and the experienced modders who know what build like this takes...

Enough on that. Again, if my price is too high, the car won't sell... I'll keep it as my Sunday driver. I'm content to let it sit here till the right buyer comes along.

Does anyone have any questions about the car?
Old 11-16-2010, 01:50 PM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
You hit in on the head in the beginning, the person who buys the car is going to appreciate the work into it, This car is what every TL owner wants but doesn't have the $$ to do so they just post opinions that are irrelevant because they have never been in the position of truly modding a car and do not realize the time and money that goes into them.....on that note I don't wanna stretch the irrelevant comments so GL with the Sale
Old 11-28-2010, 02:32 AM
n3o
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts
I actually really like the 2-tone interior. Nice car man, GLWS. If however you do end up parting out at least the bigger mods shoot me a PM. I'd be interested in the blower. Bump for you and glws.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:51 PM
I M Noob

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts
WDP is the best color! Best of luck!
Old 12-22-2010, 07:47 PM
I (don't) whine.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not a fan of the polished work under the hood but I like almost every other aspect of this car. I think it's hard to fork over 30k for a car that retails for that much but for anyone serious about modding this isn't a bad deal at all. All the right mods are already there, all you have to do is drive it away. Those of you worried about reliability just to a leak-down/compression test and that will tell you the health of the engine. W/o getting into a debate the S/C can be run very reliably w/ a few mods (i think a meth kit is possibly included...?). Worst case scenario you could always throw a brand spanking new engine in there installed for < $1500
Old 01-24-2011, 10:21 AM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

BTT...
Lots of interest, but no takers yet.
Roll fresh for the spring.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:16 AM
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
wanna trade for my wdp 08 tl-s with 31k miles ?
Old 01-31-2011, 01:53 PM
Wants an M3 in

I say keep it or toss it on other forums. Honda-Tech maybe? I don't know. Problem is the people on this forum already have the car.

I vote for keeping it. If you ever dare to part her out (please don't) pleeeeeease lmk.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:34 AM
DER NEUE ^

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I feel for you Chris, but as cruel as it sounds, consider parting her out and selling stock (-ish). Face the reality, get some of your investment back while you can.

As good as the 3G is, your car in particular, it's only getting older. Folks with money have long moved on to other fine cars. Most people buying our cars nowadays are, you know, the "more better" crowd.

Think about it!
Old 02-20-2011, 10:06 PM
Racer

An amazing car you have kennedy and I hope some lucky person buys it and enjoys for a long time. the problem I see with this ride is financing. i doubt any credit union or bank would finance this straight up (30k). You would need a good penny as a down payment. because of the economy and the way it operates, the most likely buyer would be someone rich, has a sick down payment or both.l NOT HATIN , JUST SAYING. oh by the way did I mention you have an extreamely nice car!!!
Old 03-03-2011, 11:42 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
Wow, worth every penny. I skimmed the lengthy bio(was that 1,000 words?) so I'm not sure why you would EVER want to part ways with this masterpiece.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:46 AM
is in Honda heaven

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hell of a car and I think it's worth every dollar as well. Like a few other mentioned though somebody being able to get financed for that amount is definitely not gonna happen. Unless they had a car to sell and only financed like $15-20K... Is this the only place you've advertised it? Maybe a Acura dealership would do a consignment deal

Quick Reply: CLOSED: 06 TL SC 6MT | WDP/Custom 2 Tone | MODDED | Location: VIRGINIA