Integra Integra & RSX Discussion

Integra Thoughts on the Integra

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2022, 11:19 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 208 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony Pac
thank you for the beautiful summary! Whoever is going to buy a car for $35k AT doesn’t give a fcuk about DCT or CVT.

Those that care, will just get the MT.

We can’t expect from any brand to give us A to Z for $35K. If anyone wants a fast and fully loaded car with all the premium material, S class is available
At $35k we can only hope they don't stuff the Z up your A.
Old 05-31-2022, 12:12 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,607 Likes on 967 Posts

Old 05-31-2022, 01:35 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,434 Likes on 1,882 Posts
Oh god another one of these Acura comparos. Funnily enough they even messed up the rear legroom; it's 37.4" for the Integra, not 34", and I highly doubt the CLA has only 27.1" of rear legrooom.
The following users liked this post:
loki (06-01-2022)
Old 05-31-2022, 02:37 PM
Drifting

Received 565 Likes on 364 Posts
Summer interns doing the proof-reading!
Old 05-31-2022, 04:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 498 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by JM2010 SH-AWD
The market will answer the debate on the Integra once it's released. Absent an economy-wide recession, I expect Acura will be quite pleased with the results.
we have ten Integra's inbound, nine are sold. The only one that isn't sold is the base model. We are virtually sold out of M/T's that we have on order as well. The demand for this car has been insane.
Tony Pac (05-31-2022)
Old 05-31-2022, 04:36 PM
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
Only reason this econobox is selling great is because of the manual option. As I've said, people are willing to look past the very cheap garbage materials, omissions, and horrendous styling cues so they can get a manual.
loki (06-01-2022)
Old 05-31-2022, 06:37 PM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by xjokerz
Only reason this econobox is selling great is because of the manual option. As I've said, people are willing to look past the very cheap garbage materials, omissions, and horrendous styling cues so they can get a manual.
Why are you so invested in this car? Why don’t you move on? Plenty of other cars out there. What do you want to proof? We want to know!
Old 05-31-2022, 06:37 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by xjokerz
We get it. You're right, all these poor buyers are misguided. Thanks for your perspective.
The following 3 users liked this post by JM2010 SH-AWD:
a35tl (06-01-2022), Legend2TL (06-01-2022), Tony Pac (06-01-2022)
Old 06-01-2022, 09:15 AM
AZ Community Team

We get it. You're right, all these poor buyers are misguided. Thanks for your perspective.
hahaha You nailed it!

I asked the same question. Okay it's a bad car and it doesn't appeal to rich people like him. So why is he here? Why doesn't he go and join Bentley's forum and enjoy Luxury. or even go to Genesis forum, I am sure he will find plenty of "Luxury & Reliability" there.
Old 06-01-2022, 09:34 AM
®

Received 474 Likes on 224 Posts
Why are you so invested in this car? Why don’t you move on? Plenty of other cars out there. What do you want to proof? We want to know!
The way you defend this car, I can only assume you put a deposit on one the day it was available and have a delivery coming up in the next few weeks.
Old 06-01-2022, 01:17 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,231 Likes on 2,613 Posts
hahaha You nailed it!

I asked the same question. Okay it's a bad car and it doesn't appeal to rich people like him. So why is he here? Why doesn't he go and join Bentley's forum and enjoy Luxury. or even go to Genesis forum, I am sure he will find plenty of "Luxury & Reliability" there.

Cause, haters gonna hate.

One of those life mysteries when these haters just go onto the new car forums ( typically most of their postings) and trash talk those cars.

Last edited by Legend2TL; 06-01-2022 at 01:21 PM.
Old 06-01-2022, 07:03 PM
Pro

Received 544 Likes on 256 Posts
Originally Posted by Legend2TL
Cause, haters gonna hate.

One of those life mysteries when these haters just go onto the new car forums ( typically most of their postings) and trash talk those cars.
Yeah like what's up with that. We got a TLX-2 redux going on here. If you don't like the car why hang around shitting on it? I could kinda like understand one negative post then out. What makes no sense to me is being the source of a constant negative barrage that denies an opposing opinion to the poster is even possible.
The following 2 users liked this post by Honda430:
a35tl (06-02-2022), Tony Pac (06-02-2022)
Old 06-02-2022, 09:21 AM
®

Originally Posted by Honda430
Yeah like what's up with that. We got a TLX-2 redux going on here. If you don't like the car why hang around shitting on it? I could kinda like understand one negative post then out. What makes no sense to me is being the source of a constant negative barrage that denies an opposing opinion to the poster is even possible.
Me, personally? Because I miss old Acura. I owned some great examples, 99 CL 5MT, 03 CLS 6MT, 06 RL SH-AWD, and many, many other, not to mention 2 dozen Hondas. I'm shitting on it because I'm upset. I want old Acura back. I want the early 2000s Acura. That's why. I've been on this forum since 2008 and that's when I discovered it, I owned Acura cars well before that. I'm not here to hate and poof, gone. Look at my signature below, clearly I'm still vested in the brand. I just want them to do better because they CAN do better.
silverTL6 (06-02-2022)
Old 06-02-2022, 02:43 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 591 Likes on 281 Posts
Originally Posted by fiatlux
Let's be honest, the vast majority of Acura buyers are not going to know the difference between a CVT, DCT, or normal torque converter automatic. Enthusiasts make up a very small minority of buyers, and the majority of that minority are going to buy the 6MT anyways. Acura is not concerned about the dozen or so potential buyers who will be turned off by the CVT. If anything, the superior MPGs of the CVT is probably going to capture more buyers than the lackluster performance of a CVT will drive away.
True indeed. It's merely a desire for me. Lol.
Old 06-02-2022, 03:48 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 498 Likes on 249 Posts
let the modding begin https://prlmotorsports.com/collectio...ction-products
Old 06-02-2022, 08:27 PM
®

The integra was 200 hp @ 2400 lbs from a 1.8... 27 YEARS ago. Now it's a 3100+ pound piggy with a 1.5l turbo with 200 hp and only a manual @ $37k. Hell of a progress in 3 decades.
silverTL6 (06-06-2022)
Old 06-02-2022, 09:45 PM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by loki
Me, personally? Because I miss old Acura. I owned some great examples, 99 CL 5MT, 03 CLS 6MT, 06 RL SH-AWD, and many, many other, not to mention 2 dozen Hondas. I'm shitting on it because I'm upset. I want old Acura back. I want the early 2000s Acura. That's why. I've been on this forum since 2008 and that's when I discovered it, I owned Acura cars well before that. I'm not here to hate and poof, gone. Look at my signature below, clearly I'm still vested in the brand. I just want them to do better because they CAN do better.
Faire enough and let's be honest, Acura will never make a car to bring you back! IMHO, you should go get a car that suits your current 2022 needs. No point to complain as no one will listen or car.
Old 06-02-2022, 10:05 PM
AZ Community Team

Acura released the pricing for Canadian market and if we compare it to current ILX:

Base ILX: $34K
Base Integra: $37K
Difference: $3K

Premium ILX:$36K
No Premium Integra

Premium A-SPEC ILX: $38K
A-SPEC Integra: $39.5K
Difference: $1.5K

Tech A SPEC ILX: $39K
Elite A-SPEC Integra: $45K
Difference: $6K
All prices are in $CAD and includes Freight, PDI and Fees. I know the new Integra offers a lot more goodies compared to the ILX.

In my opinion, the Elite Integra is too expensive for Canadian market. Honestly, $45K is a lot of money. Now if we compare it to the competitors, it's still cheap but still people buy Acura for it's value. $45K is not value in my opinion. I am sure the A-SPEC Integra will be the common one in our market. What are your thoughts my Canadian friends?
Old 06-03-2022, 08:09 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 542 Likes on 350 Posts
Acura released the pricing for Canadian market and if we compare it to current ILX:

Base ILX: $34K
Base Integra: $37K
Difference: $3K

Premium ILX:$36K
No Premium Integra

Premium A-SPEC ILX: $38K
A-SPEC Integra: $39.5K
Difference: $1.5K

Tech A SPEC ILX: $39K
Elite A-SPEC Integra: $45K
Difference: $6K
All prices are in $CAD and includes Freight, PDI and Fees. I know the new Integra offers a lot more goodies compared to the ILX.

In my opinion, the Elite Integra is too expensive for Canadian market. Honestly, $45K is a lot of money. Now if we compare it to the competitors, it's still cheap but still people buy Acura for it's value. $45K is not value in my opinion. I am sure the A-SPEC Integra will be the common one in our market. What are your thoughts my Canadian friends?
Wow, you sound like a hater! This is definitely not the car for you then and you should find something cheaper and that will make you happy.
Old 06-03-2022, 10:08 AM
Drifting

So that's a tic under $37K US, or about the same price as here for an ASpec Tech, except the Canadian model (as usual) comes with a few added features -- heated rear seats, heated steering wheel, etc.

In our shopping in the states, 37K for a new, pretty feature-laden car is a decent price, considering the average new car price in the US is approaching 50K (inflated by over-priced trucks and SUVs).

In the old days (pre-2020), you could probably purchase an ASpec Tech for about 34-35K after the initial sales frenzy had passed. The current picture is very different, obviously, and people are feeling good to pay MSRP or a little over.

This won't last, I don't think, but for now, Acura has a popular, well-received car amidst a production shortage due to chips, parts, etc. You can figure out what's going to happen to pricing.
Old 06-03-2022, 10:27 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,859 Likes on 14,004 Posts
Personally, I'm liking all the good reviews/impressions so far from the auto press.

Here's another good review: https://www.autoblog.com/2022/05/26/...a-first-drive/
The following 2 users liked this post by Yumcha:
DJ Iceman (06-04-2022), JM2010 SH-AWD (06-03-2022)
Old 06-03-2022, 12:28 PM
Drifting

^^ Thanks for posting this review. The reviewer's thoughts on driving the car parallel mine from a test drive last weekend. We too owned previous gen (1990 and 1991) Integras, and the reviewer's comments that there is a lot of that "Integra feeling" from the old car carried through to our impressions from our test drive. It's as if Acura had just kept selling the Integra, modifying and updating it from time to time to meet current safety/mpg/amenity standards. This one has a lot more room, features and utility than our old LS Coupe (Honey Beige Metallic), is faster (9.3 versus low 7s in 0-60), gets better mileage (26 versus 36 mpg highway) and costs just a little bit more in inflation-adjusted dollars (about 35K versus 36.8). If Acura can build/find the one we want, we'll be a repeat customer.
a35tl (06-04-2022)
Old 06-04-2022, 06:11 AM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by ESHBG
Wow, you sound like a hater! This is definitely not the car for you then and you should find something cheaper and that will make you happy.
lol! Sure. I will leave the forum the day I sell my TL and MDX. I won’t come unlike many to just talk for the sake of talking.

I said $45K is expensive for Canadian market but still cheaper if compared to the competitors. I won’t like go and write 50 posts about this like most of the time you do!
i shared my opinion and wish the best to all people who like and want to buy the car. Now it’s time for you to go buy a genesis and join another forum 😂
Jrvtecaccord (06-18-2022)
Old 06-04-2022, 07:20 AM
Three Wheelin'

lol! Sure. I will leave the forum the day I sell my TL and MDX. I won’t come unlike many to just talk for the sake of talking.

I said $45K is expensive for Canadian market but still cheaper if compared to the competitors. I won’t like go and write 50 posts about this like most of the time you do!
i shared my opinion and wish the best to all people who like and want to buy the car. Now it’s time for you to go buy a genesis and join another forum 😂
You need to go to another manufacturer's forum also because you think $45K is expensive, as you're only allowed to post here when you praise everything about Acura.
Old 06-04-2022, 12:38 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Gentlemen, especially the ones granted community team status.

These are the forum rules as you sign up:Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community, nor vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

There is ZERO mention that only Acura owners shall be allowed to register to this forum. Your status here on Acurazine does not give you any upper hand or authority to belittle, bagger, silence, edit or threaten members here. You were given this status in good faith and to do right. I assure you, I've escalated concerns with such behaviors to multiple senior moderators. It would not be wise to use your very limited moderator powers to edit or delete my post as I already have a screen shot. I'm sorry to break the news, many here no longer have Acura's and it does not give you two ANY right to label them as haters, or advise them to leave this forum. It is childish behavior and should not be tolerated any longer. @Yumcha @Ron A @astro . Perhaps the newly accounted AZ Team members should review the rules here.

Last edited by 04WDPSeDaN; 06-04-2022 at 12:41 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by 04WDPSeDaN:
Shadow2056 (06-06-2022), Yumcha (06-04-2022)
Old 06-04-2022, 01:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN
Gentlemen, especially the ones granted community team status.

These are the forum rules as you sign up:Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community, nor vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

There is ZERO mention that only Acura owners shall be allowed to register to this forum. Your status here on Acurazine does not give you any upper hand or authority to belittle, bagger, silence, edit or threaten members here. You were given this status in good faith and to do right. I assure you, I've escalated concerns with such behaviors to multiple senior moderators. It would not be wise to use your very limited moderator powers to edit or delete my post as I already have a screen shot. I'm sorry to break the news, many here no longer have Acura's and it does not give you two ANY right to label them as haters, or advise them to leave this forum. It is childish behavior and should not be tolerated any longer. @Yumcha @Ron A @astro . Perhaps the newly accounted AZ Team members should review the rules here.
Uh oh, Deputy Dan is on the case and has notified multiple senior moderators! And has screen shots too!

I will break it down for you so that you can calm down with your screenshots: I was being tongue in cheek and it stemmed from discussions where just about anything outside of "er ma gersh Acura is perfect!" was being met with being called a hater, why don't you just go to another forum, this car isn't for you, etc. Now that some of the super duper Acura boosters are bringing up some "negatives" (in quotes because I still don't think it's negative and it's just being objective and realistic) it's simply playing their card back.
Old 06-04-2022, 02:20 PM
Senior Moderator

This is a good read, as well: https://www.hotcars.com/why-everyone...acura-integra/

Everything I've read so far...from Motor Authority to Car & Driver and etc. is that the new Integra is pretty darn good. If you don't like it, your opinion. No biggie.
mapleloaf (06-25-2022)
Old 06-04-2022, 03:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Yumcha
This is a good read, as well: https://www.hotcars.com/why-everyone...acura-integra/

Everything I've read so far...from Motor Authority to Car & Driver and etc. is that the new Integra is pretty darn good. If you don't like it, your opinion. No biggie.
I actually think that this car is better than the rest of the lineup from a functionality/practicality perspective but there's still some big misses that would make me hesitant to purchase. Worth a test drive I think, though, and for what I'm looking for it admittedly checks a lot of boxes.
Old 06-04-2022, 04:23 PM
Safety Car

I actually think that this car is better than the rest of the lineup from a functionality/practicality perspective but there's still some big misses that would make me hesitant to purchase. Worth a test drive I think, though, and for what I'm looking for it admittedly checks a lot of boxes.
I think the core complaints with this car stem from two things: the CVT, and the existance of the Civic. The problem is that the 11G Civic itself is so good that it makes the Integra look less impressive than you'd expect of a premium brand's car, but in a vacuum the Integra is very very good. Outside of the powertrain it's easily superior to the outgoing ILX (admittedly that's not saying much). The CVT, though...that's a different matter altogether, but I'm still convinced it was the right business choice for Honda/Acura even if it makes a mockery of the "performance brand" claim that Ikeda loves to mention.
The following 4 users liked this post by fiatlux:
ESHBG (06-05-2022), Nedmundo (06-06-2022), Shadow2056 (06-06-2022), Tony Pac (06-05-2022)
Old 06-04-2022, 09:12 PM
Senior Moderator

It's not a bad start for Acura.

On C&D, they graded it 8/10 which is a good car. How it ranks against the established cars in its segment: 5 out of 6...behind the Audi S3, BMW 2er, Audi A3, Audi RS3...and in front of the Mercedes CLA AMG. So, the fact they like it more than an AMG is something. Let's see if Acura will release a Type R.
The following 2 users liked this post by Yumcha:
ESHBG (06-05-2022), JM2010 SH-AWD (06-05-2022)
Old 06-06-2022, 10:14 AM
®

I think the core complaints with this car stem from two things: the CVT, and the existance of the Civic. The problem is that the 11G Civic itself is so good that it makes the Integra look less impressive than you'd expect of a premium brand's car, but in a vacuum the Integra is very very good. Outside of the powertrain it's easily superior to the outgoing ILX (admittedly that's not saying much). The CVT, though...that's a different matter altogether, but I'm still convinced it was the right business choice for Honda/Acura even if it makes a mockery of the "performance brand" claim that Ikeda loves to mention.
Don't forget that the CVT variant doesn't have LSD. Performance 1.5 CVT open-diff car that takes almost 9 seconds 0 to 60. I mean...lol.
Old 06-06-2022, 12:47 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by loki
Don't forget that the CVT variant doesn't have LSD. Performance 1.5 CVT open-diff car that takes almost 9 seconds 0 to 60. I mean...lol.
And yet they're going to sell a boatload of those. The ILX didn't have an LSD either and it should a lot better than it should have. You have to remember that mainstream entry-level premium car buyers have much lower standards and expectations, and price plays a very important factor. Hell this car could have a torsion beam rear suspension, rear drum brakes, and ultra-numb steering, and most buyers would not care at all. At the end of the day, this car is built for volume mainstream buyers, and will use it's looks to help give the perception of performance.
The following 3 users liked this post by fiatlux:
DJ Iceman (06-06-2022), loki (06-06-2022), Tony Pac (06-07-2022)
Old 06-06-2022, 04:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Forbes' write-up on the Integra: https://www.forbes.com/wheels/news/2...a-first-drive/

Here's a key portion of the article:

Built on Honda’s global small-car architecture, the Integra starts with a solid base and riffs from there. Everything up from the chassis is unique to Integra, from the structure to the design. The Integra’s body is stiffer than the Civic and is longer and wider, sharing only the wheelbase with its less-expensive sibling. Because the liftgate was essential to the reboot design, Acura added structure to compensate.
More on trying to compare it to a Civic...

And let me answer the big question: With a manual transmission, is it as good as the wildly popular Civic Si? Yes. The commonality is clear, but everything from the tuning to the software is unique to the Integra.

And yet again...another positive review:

Acura has succeeded in resurrecting a beloved dinosaur without the horrors of Jurassic Park. The new Integra lives up to its storied name, and it still proffers the fun ride it promises; that is, as long as you get the manual. It’s worth the upgrade.
Legend2TL (06-20-2022)
Old 06-06-2022, 04:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Look, I'm the first to "hate" on Acura...as I've departed the family since the 3.2 CL Type S...yeah...long time ago. But, this manual Integra has me excited and happy. I think a Type R/Type S release may be around the corner...hoping for it. But, if not, just on all the good reviews so far, I'd say this is a hit for Acura.
Old 06-06-2022, 05:46 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Yumcha
Look, I'm the first to "hate" on Acura...as I've departed the family since the 3.2 CL Type S...yeah...long time ago. But, this manual Integra has me excited and happy. I think a Type R/Type S release may be around the corner...hoping for it. But, if not, just on all the good reviews so far, I'd say this is a hit for Acura.
I think the Type S is going to be what really gets enthusiasts excited about it. The regular 6MT is nice, but paywalling it behind the top trim at $37K + destination is tough to swallow. With the CTR's K20C1, a 6MT, and a sticker of $45K it would be a big hit even if the CTR is faster. Even the TLX/RDX's version of the K20C might be OK at a little over $40K.
Old 06-07-2022, 04:46 PM
Advanced

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts
I think the Type S is going to be what really gets enthusiasts excited about it. The regular 6MT is nice, but paywalling it behind the top trim at $37K + destination is tough to swallow. With the CTR's K20C1, a 6MT, and a sticker of $45K it would be a big hit even if the CTR is faster. Even the TLX/RDX's version of the K20C might be OK at a little over $40K.
I think the only people that should be complaining about the paywall of the 6MT are the people who were planning on getting the base model with 6MT and now no longer can afford an Integra.

Are you one of them? If not, then shut up about it already...with respect.
Old 06-07-2022, 06:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

A $60K Integra
https://www.reddit.com/r/Acura/comme...or_an_integra/
Old 06-07-2022, 06:05 PM
Safety Car

I bet someone will buy it for $45K and be all proud that they got $15K off.
Old 06-08-2022, 08:48 AM
AZ Community Team

Test drive booked! Going to check it out! Super excited. I am going to drive an Integra after 15 years.
The following 2 users liked this post by Tony Pac:
JM2010 SH-AWD (06-08-2022), Yumcha (06-08-2022)
Old 06-08-2022, 08:59 AM
Drifting

I bet someone will buy it for $45K and be all proud that they got $15K off.
There are more idiots in this world than any of us would like to think. Dealers wouldn't pull this kind of crap if it didn't pay off -- kind of like telephone scammers -- "hello, this is Amazon. Someone just ordered 10 I Pads through your Amazon account."

Quick Reply: Integra Thoughts on the Integra