Integra Integra & RSX Discussion

Struts/exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 07:46 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Struts/exhaust

Hey, this is my first post and a basic question so please take it easy on me. I'm looking to replace the struts on my 02' rsx type s as I have ~60k miles on it and I'm starting to notice the bumps. I'm a little confused because I see lowering springs and shocks for sale for the rsx but have been told by mechanics you can't trade out shocks for struts or vice versa and can't put lowering springs on struts. 1. Is this true?
2. Is there any use in getting 3 inch exhaust over 2.5 inch exhaust if your running a naturally asperated engine?
3. Anyone know of any good places to get a real tune around Wilmington, DE? The only ones I can find are closer to Philli.

Thanks for the help guys!
Old 05-20-2009, 09:00 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts
1. Get a full coilover which includes strut/shock, sleve, and adjustable spring.
2. 2.5 is more than enough for an N/A engine. 3"+ is mostly used for Turbo/Supercharger set ups.
3. Don't know
Old 05-20-2009, 10:37 PM
Magic Happens In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
short SIMPLE
1. TEIN coilovers
2. COMPTECH
3. FRIENDS
Old 05-26-2009, 02:53 PM
I can divide by zero

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Koni is the only company that offers replacement dampers for the car. The fronts require the the factory body to be modified and gutted. The rears just bolt right in. However, I have heard of people modifying KYB and Tokico dampers from equivalent year Civics and making it work. And yes, you can lower your vehicle with strut style suspension.

2.5" ID is ideal for this vehicle as a street N/A setup. For race N/A, I'd say go up to a 3" ID or for street boosted, 3" would be best as well.

For K-Pro tuning, my buddy over at Elite Tuning has done everything for all my race cars. If you're using K-Pro, he gets very good results without even having to be in the car.