Integra Integra & RSX Discussion

Integra A quick update and photo dump for my 1996 Integra.

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2021, 10:00 PM
Cruisin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
A quick update and photo dump for my 1996 Integra.

Hello all!

I wanted to make a follow up post for my 1996 Integra LS, it’s been since 2019 since my initial post and haven’t shared much in between then and now. I thought I would give a quick rundown on what I’ve had done and where my little Integra sits now.

Got quite a bit of mechanical work done. I ordered a set of Yonaka CV axels, should be on sometime soon. I already replaced the worn out struts with KYB AGX’s with an EBC brake kit to upgrade the factory brakes and rotors. I found that adding a GSR strut tower bar ads a little something to the handling, that and it’s a cheap add on if you know where to look. Yesterday I spent the day removing moisture from the headlights and re sealed them, to keep my vision at night as good as possible.
Detailing and restoration stuff is more my forte, something I like to do when I have the free time.

It’s sitting at about 242,000 miles now and still runs like a champ, there was a moment early on in its life that I was told it would need an engine. However the more I drive and own it, the more I think it was a dealer scam trying fear tactics to see if I’d cave and drop a CRV B-Series in at $7k. After a garage tune up, and fluids replaced. The fuel economy is close to what the EPA sticker would’ve said when it was new, and it runs really well so I’m not worried about it. I plan on a swap at some point anyway, just haven’t made up my mind on what I’d like to do just yet.

I haven’t taken it on any real road trips like I would like, between loosing a loved one and it being solely a project car initially I’ve been quite distracted and busy. Now that I have it as a daily driver, instead of my 2017 Civic Si, I’m on track to get my Integra “up to snuff” for longer treks and other “old car shenanigans”.

Here’s some more recent photos, since the new Integra will be making an appearance eventually. I thought I would add to the collection here, enjoy!

Old 10-12-2021, 12:29 PM
Cruisin'

The following 3 users liked this post by Thr33PedalTeggy:
Legend2TL (01-01-2022), Tyrone503 (10-14-2021), whitetiger5 (10-12-2021)
Old 12-14-2021, 08:25 PM
Pro

Received 130 Likes on 95 Posts
I quite enjoyed this! Thanks!!!!
The following users liked this post:
Thr33PedalTeggy (12-14-2021)
Old 12-14-2021, 10:02 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by E92Vancouver
I quite enjoyed this! Thanks!!!!

Thanks for scrolling through! I have more to share soon, stay tuned! 👍🏻👍🏻
Old 12-17-2021, 03:49 PM
Redbiff

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Still one of the best rear end and tail lights on the road
Thr33PedalTeggy (12-29-2021)
Old 12-29-2021, 07:54 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Redbiff
Still one of the best rear end and tail lights on the road

I agree, I do like the look of the UKDM (I think?) with the clear turn signal lenses however. Those are slick, and insanely expensive on eBay.
Old 01-01-2022, 08:55 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,276 Likes on 2,641 Posts
Nice pics, wife had a 1G Integra but also loved the 3G with their little bug-eye headlights
Thr33PedalTeggy (01-01-2022)
Old 01-01-2022, 11:37 PM
Cruisin'

Here’s some more updates!

Hello all!

So far, I’ve got the car up to snuff to drive it for daily use. Fixed a few more things since my last post so here I am to fill in the gaps I missed last time and a little more in between.

After some research and a very annoying rattle in the exhaust, found the exhaust had not only a leak near the exhaust manifold. It also had some insulation fail in this pipe that’s between the manifold off the block and the catalytic converter. I thought the GS-R’s only had this issue, however after new gaskets and a pipe it’s resolved and won’t rattle my brain when rolling though the gears. Next off, was a long time item on the checklist I put off for some time. Not sure why, I got OE Integra blank keys cut! I had some Honda keys when I bought it that worked fine, I just wanted the original keys. Last summer I had a 2-Way alarm system installed, after my brother’s 1st gen CR-V was stolen out of my driveway I didn’t take any chances and had it installed. Don’t worry, we got one installed in his rig also when we recovered his car.
Installed a BlackVue front and rear dash camera that I transplanted from my Civic Si after I sold it, I don’t do anything crazy on the road. I just like to have it when I see something cool on the road and want to snap a photo or grab a clip instead of getting my phone out.
Found a 98 climate control cluster, with intact plastic trim all the way around. Swapped it for my original one after replacing the bulbs with LEDs and even found the bulb that lights up the defroster switch! Also found a chrome OEM off of a junk yard Integra, just haven’t installed it yet.
Last but not least, I found a set of LS alloy wheels a few months ago. Paired with snow tires for the random acts of snow in the SW Washington area. They aren’t perfect, but allows me to run more than one set of tires without remounting tires every season.
Currently watching pick-n-pull for a couple things, but that’s it for now.

Here are some more photos for your viewing pleasure, enjoy!

lauren01 (02-14-2023)