Integra Integra & RSX Discussion

Physically Cleaning the Air Ducts

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 10:45 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Physically Cleaning the Air Ducts

Hi. New member hoping for some advice…

My 2002 RSX-S sat for over two years. After I finally got it running again it, not surprisingly, had a few issues. The lingering one is that some mice got into the A/C ducts and used them as a home and granary.

…this isn't the first time this has happened…

Anyway, last time the mice had holed up in the cabin air filter area. This time I vacuumed a pound or so of soybeans (I'm a farmer…they were leftover seeds) out of the air ducts in the cabin air filter and blower area. A few others could be heard rolling around in the ducts for a while, but seem to have found a place to lie where they no longer make any noise, for better or worse.

Now, though, one of the mice, or a nest of them, seems to have died in the vents somewhere. I can't tell exactly where it is, but I recently realized that I think it's worse when the air is in recirculation mode.

How can I get into the ducts to clean them? I obviously can't find anything more in the air filter area. I don't even know if the air deflectors are removable, and if they are, I doubt I could get my arm in there, anyway. I could keep blasting Lysol into the ducts and wait for the dead thing to dry out, but that doesn't seem very healthy, and it's gotta be restricting airflow to some extent.

How can you help me?

Thanks

Bonus pic of the granary that they also set up in the intake air…
Old 07-01-2017, 05:52 PM
Acura Fanboy

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Great photo! Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to help with your issue.