Integra Integra & RSX Discussion

MaxSpeedingRods Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2021, 01:03 PM
Drifting

Received 280 Likes on 220 Posts
MaxSpeedingRods Coilovers

After doing a lot of research on coilovers for the RSX over the last couple of years, I came across Max speeding rods but didn't give it much thought due to its lack of popularity. However, they contacted me through Acurazine and asked if I wanted to do a product review. I thought to myself, "Well, I guess I'll have to get some coilovers for my RSX." So they sent me a set of coilovers, and I'll be reviewing them after a year of possible experience with Max speeding rods. I did a lot of research on speeding rods before getting into this, and I haven't heard anything good about the company. The coilovers have been installed on the RSX. So far, the coilovers have performed admirably, but an RSX should not be driven on the softest setting. I'm currently running it on the hardest setting, which feels the most like a stock RSX should. I'll keep you updated on the one-year review as the year progresses. Here is a link of those coilovers. https://www.maxpeedingrods.com/produ...cking=KenB350z

Old 06-03-2021, 01:10 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KenB350z
After doing a lot of research on coilovers for the RSX over the last couple of years, I came across Max speeding rods but didn't give it much thought due to its lack of popularity. However, they contacted me through Acurazine and asked if I wanted to do a product review. I thought to myself, "Well, I guess I'll have to get some coilovers for my RSX." So they sent me a set of coilovers, and I'll be reviewing them after a year of possible experience with Max speeding rods. I did a lot of research on speeding rods before getting into this, and I haven't heard anything good about the company. The coilovers have been installed on the RSX. So far, the coilovers have performed admirably, but an RSX should not be driven on the softest setting. I'm currently running it on the hardest setting, which feels the most like a stock RSX should. I'll keep you updated on the one-year review as the year progresses. Here is a link of those coilovers. https://www.maxpeedingrods.com/produ...cking=KenB350z

Which setting do RSX owners most like? Thanks @KenB350z
This feedback will be passed over to the R&D department for an updated version.
Old 06-03-2021, 08:02 AM
Drifting

Received 280 Likes on 220 Posts
Sorry for the S in the name. The best setting for these is max stiffness, which is turning the adj all the way to the right. Also there is a slight popping noise while turning, I did a little research on these and this seems to be common with some coilovers out there for the RSX, I guess it is the upper bearing section of the coilover. I will trying to use some white lithium grease to see if this help.
Old 06-03-2021, 11:08 AM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,485 Likes on 1,049 Posts
Do you mean to say the stiffest setting is closest to a stock RSX suspension setting? And anything softer is softer than stock?
Old 03-24-2024, 01:40 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the tie rod sits high is it suppose to or is it suppose to be inverted on these?

Originally Posted by KenB350z