Out of warranty TSB repair?

Old 07-26-2017, 10:20 AM
Automotive Tech

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Arrow Out of warranty TSB repair?

You guys think a dealership will warranty the "Front Brake Noise Squeal" if my 2016 is out of warranty on the kms? Acura standard warranty is 80,000km/4 years

https://www.acura.ca/recalls
In our commitment to maintain outstanding safety, reliability, performance and environmental standards, Acura occasionally asks our owners to bring their Acura to a dealer to perform recalls and/or product updates. This work is performed by Acura certified technicians and is provided at no-charge to our owners.

To find out if your Acura has any outstanding recall or product update notices enter your VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) below. Please note this website only provides information on recalls/product updates issued after January 1, 2000.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
B16-004.pdf (27.5 KB, 128 views)
File Type: pdf
B15080C.pdf (103.6 KB, 75 views)

Last edited by Pir8pete; 07-26-2017 at 10:27 AM.
Old 07-26-2017, 10:22 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,574 Likes on 6,625 Posts
Worth a shot. Just go in and see if they will good will it. TSB's typically aren't related to warranty though..
The following users liked this post:
justnspace (07-26-2017)
Old 07-26-2017, 10:32 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
recalls, TSB's, and warranties are all different!!

Recalls are FREE because most of the time, safety is compromised.
TSB's are known issues, that arent necessarily a safety issue.
a warranty is a written guarantee, promising repair or replacement in the allotted time frame...

SO, if you are out of the time frame written in the warranty, a TSB wont be free.
however, you can buddy up with the dealership via charisma to try to get a goodwill repair.
Old 07-26-2017, 06:42 PM
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
It depends on the dealer but mostly on the service advisor. The first one that I had to deal with was a nightmare because he doesn't seem to know the definition of service. He made me contact the Acura dealer that I bought my car from to replace some interior parts that were scratch. I gave him the contact info of the sales manager of the other dealer but he wanted me to have them call him when he was available. That meant that I had to call in to make sure he was working and then call the sales manager of the other dealer to call the service advisor. The sales manager agreed with me that the advisor was being ridiculous and apologized as he went along with it. He told me that would never fly at his dealership. The same service advisor is always hostile when I bring the car in for warranty work and his first response is always to deny anything is wrong with the car. I did a quick 5min background check on him and sure enough he was a service advisor of two other non premium/luxury dealers for less than one year each.

I switched service advisor and got a guy who has been at my local Acura dealer for close to ten years. Everything is a breeze with him. I took in the car after hearing the front brakes squeak along with the TSB. He apologized and said he would order the parts and it should only take an hour to do once the parts arrived. Didn't even say that the tech needs to hear the squeak to confirm first, which would have been a problem since it only squeaked once of twice a week. He also didn't have any problem with replacing loose trim pieces.

The new rotors and pads and definitely an improvement over the originals. My replacement are dated from 9/2016. The replacement rotors look exactly as they were after over 6 months of use. I've noticed the originals always looked glazed. I saw the same on the 2016 ILX loaners at the dealer at the time as well as the TLX loaners. The new rotors provide better braking since ABS kicks in more at speeds below 40mph which means the brakes are overpowering the grip of the tires.
The following users liked this post:
justnspace (07-27-2017)

Search this Thread