American vs Canadian TSBs wtf???

Old 10-23-2018, 11:12 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
American vs Canadian TSBs wtf???

Has anyone had any experience mentioning a tsb to the dealer? I’m going through what a I would easily describe as a nightmare with my 2016 iLX.

I am experiencing a HORRIBLE lumber like rattle from the rear trunk/ suspension area while going over road imperfections. It’s actually a common complaint that I’ve read about in the forums. Unfortunately I am 10k km over my warranty and now I am SCREWED. I financed this smouldering pile of garbage and now I’m stuck with it.

Anyways, there is a TSB addressing this exact issue I am having; however, Acura Canada is stating that they don’t (won’t) recognize the TSB because it is American and “the American cars are not the exact same as the Canadian cars”

Is this not a load of BS?
Old 10-28-2018, 08:01 AM
Pro

Received 108 Likes on 87 Posts
It's technically correct - but US and Canadian spec'd cars are pretty much the exact same other than the metric speedometer and climate control. However, the TSBs are different and even have different numbers. While they should technically work the same, it's a policy decision from Honda/Acura to issue (or not) a TSB in Canada.

Suggestion is to get a subscription to the electronic repair info (techinfo.honda.com) - one day is like $10 and check in there all canadian TSBs applicable to your car. Otherwise it will depend on your particular relationship with your dealer and the dealer's competence to properly diagnose the issue and willingness to fix.
Old 03-28-2019, 01:07 PM
Automotive Tech

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TyLX
Has anyone had any experience mentioning a tsb to the dealer? I’m going through what a I would easily describe as a nightmare with my 2016 iLX.

I am experiencing a HORRIBLE lumber like rattle from the rear trunk/ suspension area while going over road imperfections. It’s actually a common complaint that I’ve read about in the forums. Unfortunately I am 10k km over my warranty and now I am SCREWED. I financed this smouldering pile of garbage and now I’m stuck with it.

Anyways, there is a TSB addressing this exact issue I am having; however, Acura Canada is stating that they don’t (won’t) recognize the TSB because it is American and “the American cars are not the exact same as the Canadian cars”

Is this not a load of BS?
I feel for yeah bud I really do, and I agree this car and specially this year 2016 is the worst one of all. Nothing you can do about it now but use the TSB to then order the parts and fix it yourself in the driveway. At least you have something to go by and not just throwing parts blindly at it to correct the problem. Next time and the same goes for me, do more research before buying any vehicle and also no matter how much of a bind your in NEVER buy the first year of a new redesign!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do a search for posts I've had and you'll see most of my issue's