2014 ILX issues - should I get a new car?

Search this Thread

Old Today, 10:29 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 ILX issues - should I get a new car?

Hello Acura experts;
I have a 2014 acura ILX (115K miles on it) and it has been making different kinds of noises. I do not know anything about car mechanics or innards . But I have been going to the dealer for the past 3 months ( 3 visits) and spent a pretty penny already. My questions are :
1) I have the following issues :
- grinding noise when breaking was told it was a wheel bearing which needs to be replaced (done not sure if noise is fixed yet)
-brake capillaries stuck - no noise but apparently was an issue but had this fixed because hey it has the word brake in it and I have kids in the car.
- asked to do a valve adjustment : did not have this done
- tie rod end replacement apparently there was a lot of movement - did not have this done
- struts - front suspension making noise - did not replace this because i dont know about this noise
- shock absorber replacement - dd not replace this - i am not aware what noise this is and I am driving the car
and a couple of other small ticket items I fixed.
I had a 2000 acura integra before this and i had no issues what so ever for 15 years . it was a 2 door and i needed a slightly bigger car with the incoming kids. Now I regret giving that car away. Is ILX truly an issue or just this car ? Should I just buy a new car? Are these normal wear and tear?

2)I was told the early ILX are not as good as the later ILX so maybe that is why I am having issues, would that be true?