Looking good!
Old 11-30-2015, 05:54 PM
Rae Ray

Received 58 Likes on 35 Posts
Nicee!!
Old 12-01-2015, 12:07 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts
Finish off the overall looks with wheel spacers bro. Or wheels.
And window visors and rear roof visor.

I'm not a fan of the 2016 wheels, unless the car is looking aggressive overall. They don't match the stock car. Look at Thmanks (think thats his username) car. He has a sporty blue color and did all those looks mods. It flows better.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:25 PM
Rae Ray

Originally Posted by aomechmarine
I'm not a fan of the 2016 wheels, unless the car is looking aggressive overall. They don't match the stock car.
I have to disagree. When i first laid eyes on the aspec wheels and the headlights.. for the first time ever Acura drew my attention and earned my buy. I fell in love with those rimz I wouldn't changed them for nothing.
Old 12-02-2015, 12:36 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
I have to agree with mech. Hate the new wheels. Look like salad tossers to me.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:38 AM
Rae Ray

Originally Posted by usdmJON
Salad tossers? Really?? I dont know what kind of salad tossers you use but they must be gorgeous
Old 12-02-2015, 08:05 AM
Rae Ray

Quick observation fact- mostly all 13-15 and non A-spec owners of the 16, change out there rimz, and mostly all A-spec owners keep there rimz, i say mostly cuz there might be 1 or 2 A-spec owners that did change them out but that i have not witness yet. If i already have nice rimz y would i want to change them out.
Old 12-02-2015, 03:21 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Rae Rad
Quick observation fact- mostly all 13-15 and non A-spec owners of the 16, change out there rimz, and mostly all A-spec owners keep there rimz, i say mostly cuz there might be 1 or 2 A-spec owners that did change them out but that i have not witness yet. If i already have nice rimz y would i want to change them out.
Well to be honest the 16 hasnt been out or bought by enough people interested in really modding their ILXs.

I think the 13-15 wheels look 100 times better than the new ones but I still ditched the wheels asap.

If you ask me the people you are referring to that are not changing out their aspec wheels arent the type to go hog wild and mod everything under the sun. They all seem more like the type to throw some conservative springs on for a 1.5in drop, some window tint, maybe the full kit, and call it a day.

Nothing wrong with that but it in no way bolsters your argument in my opinion.

But to simply answer your last question.... we buy wheels because stock wheels are never ever good enough. Not on a entry level acura anyhow.

For some the size isnt tall enough diameter wise. For others they want something wider for a tighter stance. Others want something lighter for performance while others may just want the bling. Regardless of the reasoning, there is absolutely no arguing that stock ACURA wheels are nothing to call home about.

For you, I think they are simply good enough and so you keep and even enjoy them. For your average tuner the first thing they think about is what wheels should I swap out for.

Lastly. Just my pet peeve. They arent rims. Rims are a part of a wheel.

Last edited by usdmJON; 12-02-2015 at 03:26 PM.
Old 12-02-2015, 03:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

All I'm saying is that the overall looks will be improved if you go all in with the aggressive look. The OP has very dark tint, an aggressive drop, aggressive OEM lip kit, aggressive OEM wheels, might as well finish off the overall aggressive look.

The stock wheels remind me a LOT of the Civic SI 18's... Which those match that car a lot better in the SI's "stock" form/styling. Still look great when the SI is really modded. (this is lightly modded)

Old 12-02-2015, 03:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 498 Likes on 249 Posts
I have to disagree. When i first laid eyes on the aspec wheels and the headlights.. for the first time ever Acura drew my attention and earned my buy. I fell in love with those rimz I wouldn't changed them for nothing.
i think the aspec ilx is the best looking car in the acura lineup
The following users liked this post:
Rae Rad (12-02-2015)
Old 12-02-2015, 03:30 PM
Suzuka Master

All I'm saying is that the overall looks will be improved if you go all in with the aggressive look. The OP has very dark tint, an aggressive drop, aggressive OEM lip kit, aggressive OEM wheels, might as well finish off the overall aggressive look.

The stock wheels remind me a LOT of the Civic SI 18's... Which those match that car a lot better in the SI's "stock" form/styling. Still look great when the SI is really modded. (this is lightly modded)

And that is where the salad tosser name was created. LOL

I frankly just cant stand the two tone wheels we see everywhere. And by god the headache when you ruin one and need to refinish it. No dealer can safetly mach that finish so you are either left with a fully silver wheel or buying a brand new one.

Yaaaaay for complications from factory!
Old 12-02-2015, 03:48 PM
Burning Brakes

And that is where the salad tosser name was created. LOL

I frankly just cant stand the two tone wheels we see everywhere. And by god the headache when you ruin one and need to refinish it. No dealer can safetly mach that finish so you are either left with a fully silver wheel or buying a brand new one.

Yaaaaay for complications from factory!
thats true for any wheel that has any sort of color in it. the gloss black that they use on the aspec wheels should be pretty easy to match.
Old 12-02-2015, 09:15 PM
Rae Ray

Well to be honest the 16 hasnt been out or bought by enough people interested in really modding their ILXs.

I think the 13-15 wheels look 100 times better than the new ones but I still ditched the wheels asap.

If you ask me the people you are referring to that are not changing out their aspec wheels arent the type to go hog wild and mod everything under the sun. They all seem more like the type to throw some conservative springs on for a 1.5in drop, some window tint, maybe the full kit, and call it a day.

Nothing wrong with that but it in no way bolsters your argument in my opinion.

But to simply answer your last question.... we buy wheels because stock wheels are never ever good enough. Not on a entry level acura anyhow.

For some the size isnt tall enough diameter wise. For others they want something wider for a tighter stance. Others want something lighter for performance while others may just want the bling. Regardless of the reasoning, there is absolutely no arguing that stock ACURA wheels are nothing to call home about.

For you, I think they are simply good enough and so you keep and even enjoy them. For your average tuner the first thing they think about is what wheels should I swap out for.

Lastly. Just my pet peeve. They arent rims. Rims are a part of a wheel.
OMG Jon you have a gift.. This guy can Ramble, i seen this post earlier today i thought "ouch! thats an essay". I'll deal with that later lol

But on ya opinion of the 13 wheels better than the 16 wheels -not by a long shot! 13 doesnt even offer 18"wheels. But ya opinion is ya opinion and I respect ya opinion. But when u start throwing names at my wheels like "salad Tossers" i lose respect for your opinion! At least mech explain y the Aspec rimz doesnt sit right with him. On another post u state that u hate 2-tone rimz but correct me if im wrong... aren't ya aftermarket rimz 2 colors? Grey with aluminum trim? So u must hate ya own rimz?

Last edited by Rae Rad; 12-02-2015 at 09:17 PM.
Old 12-02-2015, 09:26 PM
Rae Ray

Originally Posted by Nexx
i think the aspec ilx is the best looking car in the acura lineup
I agree. when i seen the Tlx for the first time at the middle of the mall, it caught my attention with the head lights, but when i seen the 16 ilx new headlights new led turn signal and drl gave it +10.... + the Aspec rimz.... sealed the deal!
Old 12-02-2015, 09:39 PM
Rae Ray

My Neighbor has this civic in orange and it's beautiful. He did not mod it in anyway. Those rimz on the civic are awesome as well, i guess i love 2 tone rimz. maybe to me one color is OLD SCHOOL!. Looks kinda boring... Doesnt grab the eye.
Old 12-03-2015, 01:58 AM
Suzuka Master

OMG Jon you have a gift.. This guy can Ramble, i seen this post earlier today i thought "ouch! thats an essay". I'll deal with that later lol

But on ya opinion of the 13 wheels better than the 16 wheels -not by a long shot! 13 doesnt even offer 18"wheels. But ya opinion is ya opinion and I respect ya opinion. But when u start throwing names at my wheels like "salad Tossers" i lose respect for your opinion! At least mech explain y the Aspec rimz doesnt sit right with him. On another post u state that u hate 2-tone rimz but correct me if im wrong... aren't ya aftermarket rimz 2 colors? Grey with aluminum trim? So u must hate ya own rimz?

So are you calling them rimz and talking like that on purpose now?

I apologize if I caused offense by calling the wheels salad tossers. But wheels have been called that since the old school corvette wheels looked like spinning blades. Sorry but thats nothing new and no reason to take offense. In fact go on any honda/acura forum and the majority aren't going to be too excited about the stock wheels.

I did explain why I dont like them. They look like a kitchen product with blades ordered in a circular fashion used to dice up lettuce.

I also said I dont like wheels that have two toned faces. My wheels dont have that.
Your wheels I call two tone because they have two colors painted onto one surface. It gives a look that the black and alloy are two different pieces.

My wheels have painted faces with uncoated polished forged barrels. They truly are multiple pieces made of alloys formed differently so its natural they have two different finishes. Typically people dont paint the forged barrels. They polish them and paint the faces.

And man. You need to get your lingo down. My wheels arent grey with aluminum trim. Grey would be best describing a grey alloy color like a hubcap color or what the non aspecs look like. My wheels are gunmetal. And its the faces that are gunmetal specifically. The "trim" would just be the lips or barrels. They arent aluminum they are a polished forged steel.

I dont mean to be a dick by calling your wheels salad tossers and I apologize for causing offense. Corvette made salad tossers for the stingray so your wheels are in great company.
Old 12-03-2015, 11:29 AM
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Finish off the overall looks with wheel spacers bro. Or wheels.
+1

I've always hated the "sunken in" stance of factory wheels. Especially when the car is slammed liked that.

Looks ridiculous.
Old 12-03-2015, 04:01 PM
Rae Ray

So are you calling them rimz and talking like that on purpose now?

I apologize if I caused offense by calling the wheels salad tossers. But wheels have been called that since the old school corvette wheels looked like spinning blades. Sorry but thats nothing new and no reason to take offense. In fact go on any honda/acura forum and the majority aren't going to be too excited about the stock wheels.

I did explain why I dont like them. They look like a kitchen product with blades ordered in a circular fashion used to dice up lettuce.

I also said I dont like wheels that have two toned faces. My wheels dont have that.
Your wheels I call two tone because they have two colors painted onto one surface. It gives a look that the black and alloy are two different pieces.

My wheels have painted faces with uncoated polished forged barrels. They truly are multiple pieces made of alloys formed differently so its natural they have two different finishes. Typically people dont paint the forged barrels. They polish them and paint the faces.

And man. You need to get your lingo down. My wheels arent grey with aluminum trim. Grey would be best describing a grey alloy color like a hubcap color or what the non aspecs look like. My wheels are gunmetal. And its the faces that are gunmetal specifically. The "trim" would just be the lips or barrels. They arent aluminum they are a polished forged steel.

I dont mean to be a dick by calling your wheels salad tossers and I apologize for causing offense. Corvette made salad tossers for the stingray so your wheels are in great company.
I am calling them rimz cuz thats what i been calling them since day 1, its lingo/getto talk bro, and its very well known. Look what my friend google shows me when i type in the word 'rimz'

Im not saying it on purpose for trolling. U never heard a song where rappers rap about rimz? Com'on bro burst out ya bubble.
Thanks for the apology for the salad tosser shout out. I never knew it was used b4 first time i hear of it. But i dont see how its compares i had to ask my friend google to show me salad Tossers to check for myself heres what i picked up

These are salad tossers

I dont see the resemblance, but i guess that's beyond my understanding.
Old 12-03-2015, 04:06 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
Originally Posted by Nickb257

Clean shot, but I really wish Acura decided to go with a better wheel. I even agree with Jon boy that the 13-15 ILX rims look better. The 16 ILX I dig, I'd roll around in one. But it would need a drop and some wheels.

You're shitting me right? No other previous Acura drew your attention? Legend, Vigor, Integra?

Old 12-03-2015, 04:15 PM
Rae Ray

Originally Posted by Flipster23

You're shitting me right? No other previous Acura drew your attention? Legend, Vigor, Integra?

I was never interested in Acura b4 my ilx. not that I thought they were ugly cars just never had any sparks for my attention. Integra and legend was well known but i couldnt see myself in one. I was leaning more towards BMW's and Caddy's my enitre life.
Old 12-03-2015, 04:33 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
I was never interested in Acura b4 my ilx. not that I thought they were ugly cars just never had any sparks for my attention. Integra and legend was well known but i couldnt see myself in one. I was leaning more towards BMW's and Caddy's my enitre life.
Got it.
Old 12-03-2015, 06:27 PM
Rae Ray

I am calling them rimz cuz thats what i been calling them since day 1, its lingo/getto talk bro, U never heard a song where rappers rap about rimz? .
Speaking of rappers and rims reminded me of a throwback. Since it is *throwback Thursday*

This brings me back to when i had my 2001 BMW 330i
Old 12-03-2015, 08:00 PM
Suzuka Master

I am calling them rimz cuz thats what i been calling them since day 1, its lingo/getto talk bro, and its very well known. Look what my friend google shows me when i type in the word 'rimz'

Im not saying it on purpose for trolling. U never heard a song where rappers rap about rimz? Com'on bro burst out ya bubble.
I completely understand where you get rims from. And I have to say rappers look like idiots when hey talk about their rims. Rims are a part of a wheel. You dont buy rims.

Thanks for the apology for the salad tosser shout out. I never knew it was used b4 first time i hear of it. But i dont see how its compares i had to ask my friend google to show me salad Tossers to check for myself heres what i picked up

I dont see the resemblance, but i guess that's beyond my understanding.
Google search Corvette Salad Tossers and you will find these

Name:  4873760295_08b6e9e57a_b.jpg
Views: 2385
Size:  161.4 KB

Which resemble your wheels a lot with the saw blade type look and two tone alloy/black paint scheme.
Funny you claim the look your wheels have are new school because these wheels go way back my friend. These are old school. But I dont say old school in a negative way like you did. Old school is the only school my friend.

Here is a thread on the 9th gen civic site where a 9th gen owner calls his own wheels salad tossers.
9th generation OEM wheel thread. (OEM wheels Only please) - Page 19

Any wheel that looks like a "saw blade" can also be considered a salad tosser. I never called the corvette wheels saw blades though that was another popular term. I called them salad tossers. It's just a nick name like calling the only BMW wheels bottlecaps. Its just what they look like.

Not what you posted... like these old school salad tossers...

LOL Sorry about the thread jacking OP.
Old 12-03-2015, 09:52 PM
Rae Ray

Oh ok i see thanks for the insight i was completely lost i took the term salad tossers way wrong, sounded like the term for ass eater which is " tossing salad" lol all this salad talk i dont want to see any salad for a month. Completely understand now it's because its a directional wheel . Got it
Old 12-03-2015, 09:53 PM
Rae Ray

Oh yeah my apologies to Op and anyone whom has been trolled by the salad on the thread
Old 12-03-2015, 09:58 PM
Rae Ray

Sorry i had too! Lol
Old 12-06-2015, 12:40 AM
Burning Brakes

Oh ok i see thanks for the insight i was completely lost i took the term salad tossers way wrong, sounded like the term for ass eater which is " tossing salad" lol all this salad talk i dont want to see any salad for a month. Completely understand now it's because its a directional wheel . Got it
Old 12-06-2015, 11:10 AM
Rae Ray

Back on Topic... Here is pics of the fall season giving me a leaf shower

The following users liked this post:
Timmy18 (12-06-2015)
Old 12-06-2015, 11:17 AM
Rae Ray

This is the result of nomore parking left except underneath a tree during their shedding season.
Old 12-07-2015, 02:53 AM
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
It looks like that Tree just tossed some salad all over your car! lol
Old 12-07-2015, 05:32 AM
Rae Ray

Originally Posted by iRaw
It looks like that Tree just tossed some salad all over your car! lol
Old 12-11-2015, 07:15 PM
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Am hard too be pleased with wheels but I acuatlly like the aspec Ilx wheels that's why I haven't been killing myself in purchasing wheels, I'll buy some nice fitment wheels next spring!
Old 12-11-2015, 07:28 PM
Advanced

Damnn yall killed my thread lol I should be getting spacers this week, new wheels will come next year, just purchased a subi for the snow hits anyways.

I could of chose the tlx instead but didn't have the aggressive look as the Ilx aspec with the kit. The only thing I wish the Ilx was faster than what it is
Old 12-11-2015, 07:44 PM
Suzuka Master

Noooo. We got it more traffic.

I think most of us wish the ILX was ab it faster. But hopefully most didnt buy it for a quick car.
Old 12-12-2015, 01:42 PM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
no fall foliage, but this is my baby soaking up the sun in the summer time (:

Old 12-12-2015, 04:19 PM
Rae Ray

Originally Posted by jspangan
no fall foliage, but this is my baby soaking up the sun in the summer time (:

Looks like ya baby is soaking up about 10% of sun....nahh.. not even ya baby just laying in the shade lol

Last edited by Rae Rad; 12-12-2015 at 04:28 PM.
Old 12-13-2015, 07:39 PM
Advanced

Snap from today
Old 12-23-2015, 03:48 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Nickb257

Snap from today
Ooooooooo....

Do you want to trade, I got a stock 2016 Acura ILX Tech Plus Package with some tinting, and a Sub in the trunk with an amp. JK

But seriously, that's very nice.
Old 12-28-2015, 11:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

Name:  20150402_112432.jpg
Views: 2234
Size:  246.2 KB

Quick Reply: Some 2016 ILX fall foliage