2016 ILX doesn't need ANC turn off for amp+sub

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2016, 10:40 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 ILX doesn't need ANC turn off for amp+sub

Alright, after many months researching and reading around in the forums, I finally jump in and did my own amp+sub installation. All in all, I'm very happy and glad I didn't run into any trouble. Well, I did, when putting back the driver side floor panels, somehow, I popped up the trunk keylock and now it won't turn when I try using the key. So I just left it as it is since I don't need it. If anybody can help, please advise.

Anyways, it's pretty straight forward installation. The car setup makes it so much easier. You don't need to run line out converter to the rear speaker and I'm thinking to myself, how anyway? The rear speakers sit right on the doors, how am I'm gonna run the wire there to the trunk? What I did is run the LOC to from the stock subwoofer picture below. Now people told you, when you do this, it will create that hum when you start the car due to Active noise cancellation, it doesn't and I love how you can control subwoofer bass from the stock dash software. No need to run to the trunk and make adjustment.

Another issue I have is where to run the remote wire to the amp. I tried using "audio" fuse. Not good, it will run direct from the battery and keep your amp turn on even when the car is off. I then tried, using the accessory ignition, not good, it will only turn on the amp when you press "start" two time. I want the amp to turn when I press start only one time in "accessory" mode. Voila, found that sucker, it's the 7.5a "accessory" fuse. Just perfect.

So i didn't have time to tuck in the power+remote wire and was driving for two days until today. I love how it sound, the bass sound full and deep. Now today when I hid the wires in the floor panel trim, I noticed my bass sound quality reduced. Now it's just thump thump, but not that deep bass reflect I had before tucking. I see the stock wires inside that trim too. I'm wondering if these are also speakers wires and the power+amp sitting right next to these stock speaker wires affect the quality. If so, I'm thinking about moving the power+remote power and run it on the passenger side. Please advise if stock speaker wires on the driver side.

Some pictures.

The following users liked this post:
JeffCan (07-11-2020)
Old 08-14-2016, 08:20 PM
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Thanks for the write up! I've been thinking about doing this! Can you please post pictures where you ran the power wire through from the battery? As well as where you bolted the ground?

Thank you.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:11 PM
Intermediate

Here is the picture showing how the power run from the battery through the firewall. It sits right above the dead pedal. I basically punch a hole through the stock rubber weather grommet using a screwdriver. It have that tightness to it, which i like.

Originally Posted by idelgado782
Thanks for the write up! I've been thinking about doing this! Can you please post pictures where you ran the power wire through from the battery? As well as where you bolted the ground?

Thank you.
JeffCan (07-11-2020)
Old 08-15-2016, 11:20 PM
Intermediate

I couldn't take picture of the ground wire because it's bolted to space between the rear seat and trunk. When you pull down the seat, it will have that gap showing the bar metal of the trunk. You will see bolts there, I screwed the ground wire to one of the bolt closest to my amp.
JeffCan (07-11-2020)
Old 08-16-2016, 07:16 AM
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Thanks for the picture and the info. I'm going to see if I tackle this project this weekend and I'll be sure to take lots of pictures and create a how to thread just in case anyone is looking to do it themselves.
Old 08-17-2016, 01:14 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you look for the stock amplifier that's located underneath the dash on the drivers side, unplug the stereo amp connector B. Then look for cavity B13 and the wire color is WHITE. The terminal name is called SWD + B. This wire is the INPUT SIGNAL FOR STEREO AMP SWITCHING ON AND OFF.