Do I have ELS radio or Not?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2018, 02:56 AM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Do I have ELS radio or Not?

I need help understanding which radio I have. I have a base model 2.0 with Premium Sound System.

Is this the same as the ELS 10 speaker system?

Im asking because I just noticed the spec sheet paper that came on my car (whatever its called....it's on the window of each car at the dealership)

Anyways....that sheet says: ACURA/ELS Surround Sound and it also list SiriusXM Satellite.

Problem is, I dont have XM Satellite in my car like it says it does on the spec sheet with my VIN number listed.

What should I do?
Old 02-26-2018, 03:18 PM
Instructor

Received 82 Likes on 45 Posts
Deyon22... I do not think you have the ELS system (I would imagine your radio head unit will have the ELS designation if it did). There is 3 levels of stereo for the ILX. Base; Premium; or ELS. The ELS system has more speakers and can be easily determined by looking in your trunk - If you see 3 speakers you probably have the ELS system, if you do not see any speakers especially the 8" woofer in the middle of the deck lid then you do not even have the Premium stereo .

The ELS System will have a slightly different 8" woofer, 2 additional rear deck speakers, and a larger amp under the upper foot well area of the drivers side. Usually the ELS system also comes with the ILX versions with the GPS system/larger infotainment screen.
Old 02-26-2018, 10:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 207 Likes on 174 Posts
Originally Posted by deyon22
I need help understanding which radio I have. I have a base model 2.0 with Premium Sound System.

Im asking because I just noticed the spec sheet paper that came on my car (whatever its called....it's on the window of each car at the dealership)

Anyways....that sheet says: ACURA/ELS Surround Sound and it also list SiriusXM Satellite.

Problem is, I dont have XM Satellite in my car like it says it does on the spec sheet with my VIN number listed.

What should I do?
Originally Posted by Chrifff
Deyon22... I do not think you have the ELS system (I would imagine your radio head unit will have the ELS designation if it did). There is 3 levels of stereo for the ILX. Base; Premium; or ELS. The ELS system has more speakers and can be easily determined by looking in your trunk - If you see 3 speakers you probably have the ELS system, if you do not see any speakers especially the 8" woofer in the middle of the deck lid then you do not even have the Premium stereo .

The ELS System will have a slightly different 8" woofer, 2 additional rear deck speakers, and a larger amp under the upper foot well area of the drivers side. Usually the ELS system also comes with the ILX versions with the GPS system/larger infotainment screen.
They are proud of that system, there is a big chrome ELS badge on the sub that at night reflects the 3rd brake light back into the cabin
Old 02-28-2018, 02:27 AM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So the Premium Audio System printed on head unit is not the same as a premium stereo either?
Old 02-28-2018, 12:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 207 Likes on 174 Posts
So the Premium Audio System printed on head unit is not the same as a premium stereo either?
Premium is not equal to ELS
Old 02-28-2018, 10:29 PM
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Base - 6 speaker system 160 Watts

Premium - 7 speaker including subwoofer 360 Watts

ELS - 10 speaker including subwoofer 415 Watts

Old 03-01-2018, 01:08 PM
Instructor

Received 82 Likes on 45 Posts
Deyon22.... Have you opened your truck to see if you have any speakers in the rear deck yet???
Old 07-17-2018, 02:36 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aksilx
Base - 6 speaker system 160 Watts

Premium - 7 speaker including subwoofer 360 Watts

ELS - 10 speaker including subwoofer 415 Watts

Hey dude, I just picked up a CPO 2016 ILX with the Premium package and I'm curious about it being 360 watts. My old 04 TSX was rated to have a 360 watt premium stereo but the ILX seems to have less bass than the TSX even with it turned all the way up any thoughts on this?
Old 07-19-2018, 11:20 PM
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts
They lied.
Old 07-19-2018, 11:30 PM
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Tsx96
Hey dude, I just picked up a CPO 2016 ILX with the Premium package and I'm curious about it being 360 watts. My old 04 TSX was rated to have a 360 watt premium stereo but the ILX seems to have less bass than the TSX even with it turned all the way up any thoughts on this?

It’s the ANC (active noise cancelling), you can delete It by removing the glove box. There is a little module that you disconnect.
Old 06-08-2022, 05:44 PM
F20
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What should I do?
A note about Sirius XM mentioned in this thread with the Acura Premium and ELS options, there is a difference between vehicles being XM compatible and having XM actually working, and not just with Acura. In most cases they need a separate tiny module installed in the back of the stereo which is linked to an antenna (usually under the sharks fin on roof). You can get this module at Best Buy or from Sirius provided your stereo is compatible. I bring this up because many people buy cars thinking they've got Sirius all set to go - then come to find out, no. My case my Acura TL had the Sirius XM button right in the Premium Sound stereo and it worked great from the used car dealership when I bought it. I only had to call Sirius and switch my account to that car. Then I bought a Lexus RX350 same situation, the stereo even had a factory Sirius Sat Radio button BUT in this case it didn't work, the salesman was clueless (even though a Lexus dealer) and turned out it didn't have the module! I had to install it to get it working. Bottomline with Sirius XM don't assume anything when buying the car, unless you press the button and hear Sirius coming out of your radio.