A Spec package

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2021, 01:59 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
A Spec package

I have tried reading various things online, and my Acura app says A spec. I know I have no option for the navigation to appear on the screen without connecting another HDMI, which I have never gotten to work. what package has the Built in Navigation? I have the 2016 ILX a spec. What are the exact differences in Spec, when it comes to the technology part?

What exactly is the HDMI for? I am only able to use maps and have the audio play through the speakers. Also when I connect my iPod classic to the USB, as soon as it connects it locks the screen on the ipod so If I want to move through songs I cannot. It just shows the Acura logo on the iPod screen. Not convenient. Also, when playing Pandora on my phone to radio - I cannot navigate Pandora. It stays on a black scree with Pandora on the screen so I cannot search or look for other music. Any ideas? I have a download of some radio update software but have no idea if it needs it, or if there is a way to check myself and update direct from the system? It is a computer so I would assume checking and installing updates shouldn't be a to hard to do, no?

Last edited by Michael.81; 10-18-2021 at 02:03 PM.
Old 10-18-2021, 09:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 168 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael.81
I have tried reading various things online, and my Acura app says A spec. I know I have no option for the navigation to appear on the screen without connecting another HDMI, which I have never gotten to work. what package has the Built in Navigation? I have the 2016 ILX a spec. What are the exact differences in Spec, when it comes to the technology part?

What exactly is the HDMI for? I am only able to use maps and have the audio play through the speakers. Also when I connect my iPod classic to the USB, as soon as it connects it locks the screen on the ipod so If I want to move through songs I cannot. It just shows the Acura logo on the iPod screen. Not convenient. Also, when playing Pandora on my phone to radio - I cannot navigate Pandora. It stays on a black scree with Pandora on the screen so I cannot search or look for other music. Any ideas? I have a download of some radio update software but have no idea if it needs it, or if there is a way to check myself and update direct from the system? It is a computer so I would assume checking and installing updates shouldn't be a to hard to do, no?
On the 2016-2018 models, A-spec is simply a cosmetic upgrade. You get: ultrasuede seats, black headliner, red gauges, 18" wheels, spoiler, side skirts, fog lights (halogen only). There is no performance improvement but it does make the car look sharp.

If you have HDMI, it means you do NOT have built in factory navigation. You can purchase a special Acura navigation app on your phone, and display the map on the screen using the HDMI cable. It's a clunky solution but I suppose better than nothing. On 2019+ models, they have CarPlay and Android Auto, so that is a much better way to go.

Last edited by schen72; 10-18-2021 at 09:45 PM.
Old 10-19-2021, 09:21 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by schen72
On the 2016-2018 models, A-spec is simply a cosmetic upgrade. You get: ultrasuede seats, black headliner, red gauges, 18" wheels, spoiler, side skirts, fog lights (halogen only). There is no performance improvement but it does make the car look sharp.

If you have HDMI, it means you do NOT have built in factory navigation. You can purchase a special Acura navigation app on your phone, and display the map on the screen using the HDMI cable. It's a clunky solution but I suppose better than nothing. On 2019+ models, they have CarPlay and Android Auto, so that is a much better way to go.
When you say they have car play, what is that? An App I download? Also what is the Acura Navigation App? I do iphone charge to HDMI adapter?
Old 10-20-2021, 11:11 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 168 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael.81
When you say they have car play, what is that? An App I download? Also what is the Acura Navigation App? I do iphone charge to HDMI adapter?
2019+ ILX models have Apple CarPlay. You plug in your phone with USB cable, and the CarPlay app is mirrored on your navigation screen.
Old 08-22-2022, 01:56 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by schen72

What is the name of this "special Acura Navigation App"?