Rain guards??

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 05:22 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rain guards??

Have a month old 2016 ILX aspec Searching online and it seems impossible to find rain guards? Anyone know where to get them?
Old 09-11-2015, 08:56 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
Originally Posted by CatalinaILX
Have a month old 2016 ILX aspec Searching online and it seems impossible to find rain guards? Anyone know where to get them?
The two most popular companies in visors are making them now. Both Weathertech and HIC.
Old 09-12-2015, 09:41 AM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by usdmJON
The two most popular companies in visors are making them now. Both Weathertech and HIC.
If you go on the HIC website they only show 13-15. Do these fit the 16 ?
Old 09-12-2015, 09:49 AM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by usdmJON
Same thing with weather tech they say they dont have them for that model yet.
Old 09-12-2015, 11:02 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
Same thing with weather tech they say they dont have them for that model yet.
Window shape is identical. Only body differences between your ilx and mine is the front and rear bumper plus the head lights and tail lights.

But the trunk, hood, doors, windows, roof, all identical.
The following users liked this post:
4cruizn (09-16-2015)
Old 10-29-2015, 09:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts
So... i noticed that the Weathertech are in channel visors. These visors appear to also NOT include clips, which use to be a really nice advantage to Weather-tech, over their competitors... Although they do appear to be in channel and adhesive.The HIC most likely will fit directly over the Weathertechs, so I've decided to run both visors on my car.

So the reason why I'm gonna do this is because I really hate glare at dusk and at dawn. I have the HIC visors and its dark enough that it helps but not dark enough to block it out. Running both sets will probably get that limo tint strip effect. Which, by the way... I wish my limo tint strip on my windshield was darker too... I guess it just really irritates me. I wear sunglasses a lot too.

I thought about getting them painted, but a lot of shops don't want to paint them or even wrap them, because of the shape and material, they say it will come off. Since they feel they won't have a product outcome they can stand by, they usually tell me no. On the flipside to that, painting them would also flat out eliminate seeing through them at all. This double visor setup would still have visibility. And I like that it will make my tint look darker and keep my car a tiny bit cooler and tiny but more private. I have a medium tint on the front 2 windows. You can see through them, so the cops will generally leave me alone. I do get pulled over, and they mention it every time, but since they can actually see me, they let it go. If it was up to me, I'd have it darker.

Also, I like fixing up/Tuning/Customizing my car, to my preferences...Simple as that.
I'm not sure anyone has actually gotten this Weatherertech set yet. So this will help make a direct comparison. I already own the HIC's, and am waiting on the Weathertech's arrival.

Last edited by aomechmarine; 10-29-2015 at 09:21 PM.
Old 10-30-2015, 12:24 AM
Rae Ray

Received 58 Likes on 35 Posts
If you go on the HIC website they only show 13-15. Do these fit the 16 ?
Yes they fit the 16 I purchased a pair over the summer

Old 10-30-2015, 03:21 PM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by aomechmarine
So... i noticed that the Weathertech are in channel visors. These visors appear to also NOT include clips, which use to be a really nice advantage to Weather-tech, over their competitors... Although they do appear to be in channel and adhesive.The HIC most likely will fit directly over the Weathertechs, so I've decided to run both visors on my car.

So the HIC USA side visors attach with adhesive over the upper chrome lining of the window? can someone please further explain the installation before i purchase? (:
Old 10-30-2015, 11:43 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jspangan
So the HIC USA side visors attach with adhesive over the upper chrome lining of the window? can someone please further explain the installation before i purchase? (:
YES. Exactly. They are "glue on". HIC's glue on over the chrome. But basically so are the Weathertech's. BUT the Weathertech's are glue on, in channel and lower profile. They also come in light (WHY?) or dark tint. Once I install both then we can also see which ones extend further down. I think the Weathertech's are shorter/ less wide.
Old 10-31-2015, 10:23 PM
Rae Ray

Originally Posted by jspangan
They attach with 3M Tape. just peel and stick, fast and easy!
Old 11-05-2015, 01:36 AM
Three Wheelin'

WOW... so I got the Weathertech visors in today... BIG disappointment guys... it is only the FRONT PAIR. NOT all 4... It DID say this on the website... however, i did think it was a typo Who would offer only a PAIR of visors for a 4 door sedan? FUCK YOU Weathertech!! You half effort fuck faces!!!... They also have NO glue or adhesive... They simply go in channel... Not likely that they'd fall off or anything, but still - WTF!! Tomorrow I will try to install both visors. For my purposes, a double front visor set for extra dark strip/glare protection... This should still provide a decent outcome. To most of you guys looking for a full 4 window visor set, you are probably gonna want to just get the HIC set and call it a day.
Old 11-05-2015, 02:08 AM
Three Wheelin'

That being said - DO NOT install 3m adhesive stuff WHEN ITS COLD. It will not adhere properly, and when you hit a decent speed, it will fly off on the freeway. Wait till its warm, play it safe.

A quick glance/ sizeup before install tells me these front visors will fit together. They will cover about the same size area in the window. The Weathertechs and HIC's look pretty different. The Weathertech's are curved with a right angle squared off piece at the front, it stops short of the side view mirrors. The HIC's have a continuous curve design to them, they go slightly past the sideview mirror. If you run the just the Weathertech front visors, then you can use whatever window pillar's that your heart desires.. (CHROME - DO IT).

Last edited by aomechmarine; 11-05-2015 at 02:12 AM.
Old 11-06-2015, 05:20 PM
Rae Ray

Originally Posted by aomechmarine
WOW... so I got the Weathertech visors in today... BIG disappointment guys... it is only the FRONT PAIR. NOT all 4... It DID say this on the website... however, i did think it was a typo Who would offer only a PAIR of visors for a 4 door sedan? FUCK YOU Weathertech!! You half effort fuck faces!!!... They also have NO glue or adhesive... They simply go in channel... Not likely that they'd fall off or anything, but still - WTF!! Tomorrow I will try to install both visors. For my purposes, a double front visor set for extra dark strip/glare protection... This should still provide a decent outcome. To most of you guys looking for a full 4 window visor set, you are probably gonna want to just get the HIC set and call it a day.
Just the front windows? Man thats awful! Ive never heard of anyone wanting just to front visors...really??? gotta be kidding!!! Do they even offer the rear visors separate? Also what do u mean it installs in channel?