Post pictures of your ILX with aftermarket wheels!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 11:09 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
Originally Posted by spdandpwr
im excited for your build thread!!!
lol If you are talking to me then I agree. It will be a while though. Long slow build that probably wont get it's own build thread. I was never one into creating threads for myself when I was building the integra. But Ill be a very active member and take more pictures than anyone can stand. hahaha

To tide you over though, my plans are to go with a VIP build.
Intake Exhaust of course. Probably some springs to get rid of that nasty wheel gap then wait and save.

Future plans hold an air ride system. I want to get some bags and roll low and dirty. Some really aggressive wheels and a few cosmetic mods to make it one off.
Once I get it looking where I want I may drop money into a supercharger. I wanted that with the integra before I heard about the ILX since in my opinion it makes for a much better daily driver.

Supercharger would be the last mod. I need to save for some PRICEY wheels and the air ride.... those two alone will be like 4grand if I can get decent prices.
The following 2 users liked this post by usdmJON:
spdandpwr (06-05-2013), Trentimus (05-16-2013)
Old 06-05-2013, 02:55 PM
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
The following users liked this post:
merryweathers29 (06-10-2019)
Old 06-05-2013, 04:35 PM
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
Looks Good Switt! Are those 18s?
Switt23 (06-06-2013)
Old 06-05-2013, 05:30 PM
Racer

Yes those are 18x8 with +35 offset. Almost even with the fenders. Tires are 225/40/18 on stock suspension still. My lowering springs are still in the mail.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:20 PM
Suzuka Master

What are they?
Old 06-05-2013, 10:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 412 Likes on 194 Posts
Looks great, Switt!

Switt23 (06-06-2013)
Old 06-06-2013, 12:14 AM
Racer

Thanks guys! I love the look of the car now, completely 100% changed it to sporty . Once the exhaust is done next week and the bumper is painted, it will look amazing.

I will say though it makes me nervous though. I've never been able to have really nice things in the past and the car is rather nice. Tonight I left the gym about 11:40 and 2 guys were standing outside my car on the phone.. soon as I walked up they hung up the phone and bolted for their car. I bought wheels locks, but I may be considering an alarm at this rate.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:17 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by usdmJON
What are they?
Wheels are Vossen CV3 Replicas. Brand is STR 607s. I got them from Wheel Outlet SD (San Diego). http://www.wheeloutletsd.com/

Great guys... only hiccup in the transaction was they forgot my hubcentric rings, but $20 and I bought new ones locally.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:13 AM
Suzuka Master

Maybe I can make you feel a bit better.
The chances of a thief wanting an ilx is pretty slim. BIGGEST reason I decided to give up the integra. I was tired of worrying about. The guy I sold it to had his old integra stolen. Oyvay.

Though if your area is susceptible to drug issues, like crack heads needing a quick dollar, then you can be stereo thieves. This is possible. If you had tinted windows they wouldnt see youre one off acura console/stereo and may think there is a nice double din inside.

Thieves mainly want common cars like older 90s and early 2000 hondas acuras etc. They can chop it up and sell it in pieces very fast. Faster if there are aftermarket parts.

An alarm is always a great idea. Not trying to change your mind. But you probably dont need to worry much. And I dont mean to hate but thieves want real wheels, not replicas. The parts on our cars would only be sold to ilx owners where there is little to no market for so thieves should steer clear... unless they want some expensive items they see being flossed or they wanted to vandalize some shit.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:14 PM
'06 RL Tech

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by 4cruizn
19" x 7.5" Racing Hart C2, Diamond Cut 3-Piece

I only installed one of them (they're for my Legend). They need new tires but I think they might look nice.

Always liked those when I had my RX-7, but went with Fikse FM/10's instead. I don't want to spend that much for wheels for this one. Those are very nice and look great on there.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:40 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like 07acuradudes pics of the black ilx
Old 07-14-2013, 12:43 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
black ilx

I have a black ilx
Old 07-14-2013, 01:01 PM
'06 RL Tech

Originally Posted by wexford1
I like 07acuradudes pics of the black ilx
Those are the RJ's I'm hoping to get in the future. Although the tire size is wrong, according to RJ himself, I'll like the set up with the correct tire size! Mine is black, also.

Last edited by JMJ3rd; 07-14-2013 at 01:07 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:04 PM
'06 RL Tech

usdmJON

I found this on our site and wondered if you could/would do these wheels on a black ILX in photoshop when you have time? TSX Londrina in chrome.

Name:  TL_NBP_TSW_Londrina_Chrome.jpg
Views: 7932
Size:  163.2 KB
merryweathers29 (06-10-2019)
Old 07-31-2013, 06:37 PM
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
For those of you that have upgraded wheels, did you just swap the TPMS sensors? Any reprogramming necessary?
Old 07-31-2013, 06:47 PM
Suzuka Master

Yes you can swap the TPMS into new wheels.

JMJ3rd, Id honestly have to say I wouldn't take my time with it. They are already on a TL; tl tsx ilx all the same shit. If if you think it looks good on that TL it'll look good on your ILX.

Personally, id say keep looking. And stay away from chrome. Too heavy.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:41 PM
'06 RL Tech

Originally Posted by usdmJON
JMJ3rd, Id honestly have to say I wouldn't take my time with it. They are already on a TL; tl tsx ilx all the same shit. If if you think it looks good on that TL it'll look good on your ILX.

Personally, id say keep looking. And stay away from chrome. Too heavy.
Thanks for the candor on your time, I understand, but we all like different stuff, and yes they would be heavier than most because of the chrome. I am still looking, but the lighter stuff I like really lightens the wallet.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:54 PM
Suzuka Master

Honestly though if I chop a couple and ive bored I may do it. Just dont want to leave you hanging. The more I like the wheels the quicker ill do them.

But as I said about the tl and tsx. They are similar enough that wheels on one will pretty much look the same on another.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:55 PM
Suzuka Master

Also check out tirerack. They have an app to let you see how wheels will look and they have a lot of choices.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:52 PM
'06 RL Tech

^^ Yeah, I have, and the similarities are there for the cars, so don't bother. The ones I really want are just $$$!
Old 08-01-2013, 01:22 AM
Suzuka Master

My mind is all over the place when it comes to wheels. Ive got 4 major designs in my head.
One Ive been seeing recently used but perfect shape for upwards of $3,000. Not ready for that yet. Cheapest is about $900 before tires but they come in 5x112 only so I'll have to pick up some 5x114/5x112 spacers or some wobble nuts. Probably the wobble nuts first then if I need more flush Ill get spacers and new lug nuts.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:20 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by JMJ3rd
^^ Yeah, I have, and the similarities are there for the cars, so don't bother. The ones I really want are just $$$!
Tell me about it! LOL, I will probably be sitting on stocks for a while unless I decide to go the cheaper route (enkie, Rota, Konig, etc.) I know how I am though and even if I get the same look I am wanting I will be saving up for real wheels...LOL

I used to be a wheel snob and would only consider real wheels and typically I was going after high end discontinued JDM wheels, but nowadays my priorities have changed and my only rule is I will not buy imitations of a wheel that is currently still in production. After the original manufacture of the wheel has given up on a design I would consider getting a replica as originals get harder and harder to come by... my
Old 08-01-2013, 12:52 PM
'06 RL Tech

Originally Posted by neveronlineilx
Tell me about it! LOL, I will probably be sitting on stocks for a while unless I decide to go the cheaper route (enkie, Rota, Konig, etc.) I know how I am though and even if I get the same look I am wanting I will be saving up for real wheels...LOL

I used to be a wheel snob and would only consider real wheels and typically I was going after high end discontinued JDM wheels, but nowadays my priorities have changed and my only rule is I will not buy imitations of a wheel that is currently still in production. After the original manufacture of the wheel has given up on a design I would consider getting a replica as originals get harder and harder to come by... my
Old 08-02-2013, 01:15 PM
Suzuka Master

I bet you know this info neveronline but giving it for everyone else that doesnt.

The three companies neveronline posted are three very different companies when it comes to wheel shopping.
First an for most, id stay clear of Rota.
They simply aren't backed by SEMA (Specialty Equipment Market Association).
If SEMA WONT back them there has to be a reason...

Yeah yeah any wheel and break but check this out...
Dangerous replica wheels strength tested against their OG real design.

Now Konigs. Decent choice. Some will still hate on them for being weak. But you wont find half as many broken konigs as rotas. I rocked Konig Megaraces 15in in white on my integra for maybe 2-3 years. Loved them every day. They were even lighter than the Mugen NR's the replicated. And Konig being on board with SEMA was assurance that these wheels would last me.
YES THEY ARE A REPLICA COMPANY AND PEOPLE WILL STILL HATE ON REPLICAS. But if you simply dont have the money or cant justify the purchase, konigs are a great alternative.

Enkeia is an ongoing debate between their replica status. They make a lot of great wheel designs. Some race car enthusiasts will still claim enkies arent safe for the track just like konigs and rotas. Yes Enkeis are just cast wheels but they are backed by SEMA and in my opinion the quality of the wheel and its safety are much better than Rota... maybe even Konig, couldnt say.

As for Enkeis being replicas...
The RPF1 is a great wheel Enkei started. Tuners of all models LOVE it.
Then we get to the DM5... or was that GT-C???
Enkei dm5

VERSE
Volk GT-C

Enkei>Konig>Rota
Just don't Rotas. Buy Konigs before anything.

Recent readings have shown XXR was at SEMA this year and their wheels pass safety testing in Japan. I couldnt find a SEMA badge anywhere on their site but they seem to have stepped up their game. Still nothing but replicas, but not a horrible choice anymore Id say.

Last edited by usdmJON; 08-02-2013 at 01:17 PM.
Acura_Dude (08-02-2013)
Old 08-02-2013, 02:07 PM
Racer

Yeah, Ive seen the pictures and heard the stories, but without knowing exactly what happened it doesnt mean much to me to be honest. Personally I owned a set of Mugen RNRs that were cracked at one spoke and could have easily ended up one of those pictures had I hit a divider or curb. I also destroyed the lip of my one of my CPR's when I hit a wheel sitting in the middle of the road (could not avoid it).

As far as SEMA is concerned they are a US aftermarket support company and dont neccessarily back companies that are not US companies or have a US manufacturing facility right? I could be wrong so please feal free to correct me if so but based on my knowledge this is my understanding of what they do and how they work. Wheels are tested via JWL and VIA testing.

As far as Rotas strength is concerned they meet JWL and VIA standards or they would not be able to stamp those initials on them. One of the cars pictured (white teg on Slips) hit a curb while speeding and I'd be willing to bet a forged wheel would have had similar results based on the impact and speed. It may have faired better but probably would still not be able to be used after the collision.

please dont take what I am saying the wrong way. There are strength differences based on how a wheel is made and how well they are designed. I just stated what I did above to set realistic expectations, someone driving on Rotas is not going to have a disaster while normal driving and they dont spontaneously combust...LOL

we could get a whole lot more technical but in a nutshell, most wheels like Rotas are cast, meaning they are heavier then other types of manufactured wheels with similiar design and they are also the weakest of the bunch. Design plays a big role too in addition to the thickness of material throughout the design so keep that in mind when selecting wheels.

Semi Forged, Squeeze Processed Forged, Forged and Monoblock wheels will always be the lightest and strongest but with that comes a higher price... so in the case of wheels you do get what you pay for .

Day to to driving and commuting nobody is going to break a Rota like that, I have seen those pictures floating around the web since early 2000's and Im sure they will continue to for years to come, but Ive seen bent and broken Volks and SSR's etc. too. I would say race cars put the most stress on all vehicle parts including wheels and I have seen many race cars use Rotas with no issues and if you are a backyard racer its much easier to replace a 150.00-200 dollar wheel VS a 1000.00 dollar wheel.

That being said in my opinion true tuners and Car guys should be responsible when selecting wheels, buying copies while the wheels are still in production hurts the big companies that make the designs we all know and love BBS has been going through difficulties and I would def attribute it to all the copies of their wheels that lead would be customers away from the quality brand to the immitator, thus hurting the industry that supports the hobbie we all love so much. Thats why I said I would only consider once the Wheel has been discontinued... I care less about the individual trying tomake his wheels into an investment at that point let supply and demand take over, but when the company that supports quality and the R&D of the designs of Wheels takes big hits because of impatient cheap people thats where I draw the line

to each there own sorry for the long post...LOL!
Old 08-02-2013, 07:26 PM
Suzuka Master

I have to highly disagree on the statements made about high impacts on rotas or other cheap replica companies verse the expensive alternatives. Watch the video. The way a worth while wheel breaks is significantly different than how a cheap wheel breaks. Nice expensive wheels should have the strength to maintain air after a fracture while the cheap alternative can quite literally shatter dropping your chassis to the ground. Not good.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:59 PM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
I've learned so much just by reading this. I was unaware of this.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:36 PM
Suzuka Master

hahaha It happens. When a good wheel smashes into a curb it should bend, and under HIGH stress fracture in a way designed by the manufacturer. Cheaper wheels wont have the same outcome.

I dont know what the JWL or VIA standards are. I just know to steer away from Rota. All wheels break; but you dont see endless memes made about other wheels breaking.
Acura_Dude (08-03-2013)
Old 08-03-2013, 02:07 AM
Suzuka Master

3SDM 0.05 New favorites.
Only come in 5x100, 112, and 120.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-05-2013, 10:52 AM
Racer

Those are Sick Jon!

Kinda Euro for the ILX but they do look good!
Old 08-11-2013, 01:23 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
My new wheels!

Curva 18inch.
Hankook Tires.

How do u post pics on here? Sorry im a newbie to this forum.
Old 08-11-2013, 04:38 PM
Intermediate

Brand New Curva Wheels

Curva Wheels 18x8 Black Machined High Offset
Hankook Tires

Want to drop it in future.

Tints all around.

Lmk what you guys think..
Attached Thumbnails Post pictures of your ILX with aftermarket wheels!-1-resized.jpg  
Old 08-11-2013, 05:40 PM
Suzuka Master

Lookin good. Nice conservative wheel.

For future reference users want to see the tire specs, not just the brand.
And what is high offset? 45? 50?
Old 08-11-2013, 06:28 PM
'06 RL Tech

Originally Posted by em1990
Curva Wheels 18x8 Black Machined High Offset
Hankook Tires

Want to drop it in future.

Tints all around.

Lmk what you guys think..
Looks nice! More of a side view,please.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:03 AM
Intermediate

Wheels

Thanks for the feedback guys.

They are 45 offset.

Here's a side view.
Attached Thumbnails Post pictures of your ILX with aftermarket wheels!-img_1512-resized.jpg  
Old 08-12-2013, 11:14 AM
Racer

They look good!
Old 08-12-2013, 01:30 PM
Suzuka Master

Not mine.
Manufacturer: FastWheels
Design: Hayaku
Specs: 17x9 offset ill let you know soon hopefully.
Tires: oe 17in tires stretched to fit

Tein drop in the works.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:35 PM
Suzuka Master

35 offset
Old 08-12-2013, 03:02 PM
Racer

Fast Wheels??? I thought they were XXR's at first
Old 08-12-2013, 03:35 PM
Suzuka Master

Yeah. I never heard of them before. He was calling them Fast Hayaku wheels. fastwheels.ca and the face is hayaku. I had to look them up myself. Nice replica wheel. Not too light but they get the job done for $600 and using the tires he already had.

Quick Reply: Post pictures of your ILX with aftermarket wheels!