New "True" Cold Air Injen Intake (2014 release)

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014 | 02:08 PM
Cruisin'

New "True" Cold Air Injen Intake (2014 release)

Hey guys, just joined (1st post too)

Just though I'd share, hopefully this hasn't been posted yet, but it looks as if Injen may have another option for us!

Quoted from their Facebook page:
"Injen Technology is proud to announce that we just finished a New Cold Air Induction System for the 2012-2013 Honda Civic Si 2.4L.
This completely revamped kit entails relocating the battery for a Cold Air access and extra added Horsepower and Torque. This kit is a GAME CHANGER! It will be available in April."

Here is one place that popped up that looks like they may have it in stock.
http://www.proimporttuners.com/parts...ir-intake.html
Old 04-19-2014 | 03:03 PM
Three Wheelin'

I doubt it. Wait until you can actually order it directly from Injen to make sure. I noticed there are a few companies selling parts for the SI as if they were tested for the ILX. Seen it with exhausts especially. They'll say stuff like requires bumper trimming. MOST catbacks straight from the aftermarket specifically designed for your car wouldn't require that. It's called a bolt-on for a reason. Also this specific cold air IS interchangeable from the SI to the ILX. They had tested another design, but wanted an interchangeable design. I don't think they they wanted an ILX only/specific design because the sales numbers aren't there yet. At the same time they wanted to improve upon the other cold air design they came up with. New filter design,battery relocate, etc.
Old 05-04-2014 | 03:45 AM
Three Wheelin'

I have this intake I was the final round of R&D. It improved my MPG at first, I was getting close to 30mpg (up from a solid regular 27.6) I was pretty happy. BUT - at some point the car fought the MPG gains and is actually lower now, 27.2 mpg. I do believe this will change a lot with a tune, but most people probably won't get one if they are only getting bolt-ons. At some point Injen is planning on getting this cold air a CARB legal number, so I'll have to go back and get my CARB sticker (Cali people feel me on this). Just some info to affect your possible purchases ILX people. Any questions feel free to ask.
Old 05-04-2014 | 04:36 AM
Three Wheelin'

Also makes my oil changes a little more frequent. Again, probably a tune will fix that.
Old 05-04-2014 | 05:06 AM
Three Wheelin'

the air filter is clean-able, and should be cleaned "around" every 30,000 miles. Injen is also developing a hydrolock air filter "shield" that goes over the air filter itself, to ease your mind if you are worried about hydrolock. I'll pick that up once it comes out.
Old 05-04-2014 | 08:39 AM
Senior Moderator

Welcome aboard, and thanks for the heads up.
Old 05-04-2014 | 10:15 AM
Suzuka Master

Aem makes a pre filter shield that cover most any size filter.
They also make a bypass valve that redirects airflow incase the intake is submerged.

Though I stand by saying no amount of rain in cali is going to hydro lock with a CAI unless you drive into a lake.

In my opinion this intake will be worth it for the sticker once they carb approve it.
Old 05-04-2014 | 05:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

All I can do is offer an honest opinion. I don't like to bullshit people. I can say I like it so far, and I would mostly recommend it over others specifically in California, simply because of the CARB sticker. I would also say that Injen did a lot of R&D, and I'm not so sure other companies did as much. Maybe. I know for sure that AEM did test fitments on different year models. There are more powerful cold airs available - at least the PRL motorsports cold air claims it makes more power. I have to say that the design of the Injen is almost the same. I think they are all going to be similar. Buy a good name, buy what's on sale, save some cash.