Ksport Kontrol Pro Coilover System

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 11:38 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ksport Kontrol Pro Coilover System

I'm considering buying coilovers for my ILX 6MT, and was considering these:
http://ksportusa.com/b2c/proddetail.php?prod=CAC130-KP

Has anyone here installed these on their ILX yet, and what good/bad things can you say about them. Or even if you installed Ksport coilovers on a different car, how would you rate them?
Old 08-24-2014, 12:04 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts
Saw them/ seen them on several Civics. They owners didn't complain. They wanted low look, not necessarily racing damping effect. If you want that, you gotta pay almost double. Think you'd be good if all you want is the drop.
The following users liked this post:
umpa500 (08-24-2014)
Old 08-24-2014, 12:20 AM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by aomechmarine
Saw them/ seen them on several Civics. They owners didn't complain. They wanted low look, not necessarily racing damping effect. If you want that, you gotta pay almost double. Think you'd be good if all you want is the drop.
Thanks for your response. My intention is to reduce some of that awful wheel gap. And looking for quality workmanship in coilovers. I'm hoping Koni releases a set of coilovers for the ILX, but doubt they will.
Old 08-24-2014, 06:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

Actually technically Koni does.The ILX shares the same basic chassis, suspension and frame as the Civic. So the set for the Civic SI sedan 2012-2013 (because you have k24 motor, has to be the SI set, motor is heavier then R18 motor on other Civics). From what I'm understanding, 2014 Civic Si suspension is slightly modified in various ways. The parts from the 2012-2013, some fit, some don't. Some parts from different companies fit, some don't. People are experimenting right now. I'm getting Swift springs for the 2012-2013 SI. First to do, we'll see how it goes. If youwant more reference to see what the Ksports will/could look like, check out the thread "my not so slammed ILX". That guy is on D2 coilovers, which are basically the exact same thing, just a different color. They literally make them at the same factories in Taiwan. Same basic prices too, just shop around for the best deal.
umpa500 (08-25-2014)
Old 08-24-2014, 09:42 PM
2014 ILX 2.4 6mt black

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
one of my boys has a 2006 tl and he ran ksports. his drop was appx 3-3.5' drop and after 1 year 3 of the coilovers blew and he bounced around like a donkey! my boy has em on his gs450 n he slammed for aout 1.5 years n he had no problems... all in all from what iv seen and heard ksports are shit..but thats my opinion up to you! goodluck
umpa500 (08-25-2014)
Old 08-25-2014, 05:45 PM
9th Gear

Actually technically Koni does.The ILX shares the same basic chassis, suspension and frame as the Civic. So the set for the Civic SI sedan 2012-2013 (because you have k24 motor, has to be the SI set, motor is heavier then R18 motor on other Civics). From what I'm understanding, 2014 Civic Si suspension is slightly modified in various ways. The parts from the 2012-2013, some fit, some don't. Some parts from different companies fit, some don't. People are experimenting right now. I'm getting Swift springs for the 2012-2013 SI. First to do, we'll see how it goes. If youwant more reference to see what the Ksports will/could look like, check out the thread "my not so slammed ILX". That guy is on D2 coilovers, which are basically the exact same thing, just a different color. They literally make them at the same factories in Taiwan. Same basic prices too, just shop around for the best deal.
I've been reading a lot of posts referring to just that, the ILX shares or can share much of the Civic parts. My concern would be that in case of any failure, Koni would not warranty it.

I decided to email Koni if they have any intentions of releasing coilovers for the ILX. Here is their response:

Ricardo,
Thank you for contacting us here at KONI NA. Unfortunately it is very unlikely that KONI will manufacture a coilover kit for the ILX.

Mason O’Hara
Technical Sales Representative
KONI North America
1961A International Way
Hebron, Ky. 41048
859 488-0324

So guess that answers that.

Interesting about D2 being made in the same factory as Ksport. Had no idea.

I may end up going springs in the end. Haven't decided just yet.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:53 PM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by pockets
one of my boys has a 2006 tl and he ran ksports. his drop was appx 3-3.5' drop and after 1 year 3 of the coilovers blew and he bounced around like a donkey! my boy has em on his gs450 n he slammed for aout 1.5 years n he had no problems... all in all from what iv seen and heard ksports are shit..but thats my opinion up to you! goodluck
Thanks for sharing some experiences. I'm willing to wait for higher quality, and understand that usually comes with an increased cost.
Old 08-25-2014, 07:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

I just got the Swift Springs and H&R spacers installed on my car, wanted casual drop and reputable company. Springs were $340 after taxes. There are cheaper spring options that i would definitely have tried tho, but i also got these super quick cuz I liv3 right by their distribution center. But the thing is, I've had negative experiences in the past with springs, so I was willing to pay more for peace of mind. Other parts, like suspension bracing, there isn't really a whole bunch available so I took some chances on FKX racing stuff to see what fits and works well, and what doesn't. I will report a little more on that later.... right now im in between jobs so I'm ok with messing with my car suspension right now. I really wouldn't chance stuff like that If I had a job or school dude. Spend a little more for peace of mind
Old 08-26-2014, 12:30 AM
9th Gear

I just got the Swift Springs and H&R spacers installed on my car, wanted casual drop and reputable company.
Hope you post some updated pics soon. Very interested to see how this will look. I like the idea of a clean look. With the 1.2/1.0 drop I think the car will sit the way it should have from the factory. Did some research after you mentioned Swift, I like their principles, and that it's not about dropping the ride height so much, but performance, and keeping the stock shocks in mind when designing their springs. Sounds like they are worth the extra $ given their engineering and quality.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:34 AM
Three Wheelin'

Will take and post pics soon, was too lazy and tired today. But also may be better when the springs settle a bit more. And Wednesday I have an appointment for round 2 of the prototype window visor test fitment. Although I will try to squeeze it in Tuesday, Wednesday I'm getting Laser eye surgery. It's gonna be like pew!! pew! pew! in my eyes and then I'll be like 'miracle! I can see!