ILX Hybrid MPG's

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2014 | 01:31 PM
Cruisin'

ILX Hybrid MPG's

I've put 2500 miles on my Hybrid so far and have averaged 35.8 from the day I bought it. I started out with premium for the first couple of tanks but then was told by the dealer that it doesn't matter. (I actually couldn't get over 34MPG for the first 4 tanks). Now the 2011 TSX I traded in for the Hybrid got better than advertised MPG on her and I always used regular. Averaging 33-34 highway, sometimes 35 and I have gotten up to 40 on it. Never saw it drop under 28 total average in 2 1/2 years. Now my wife's TSX (10') get's only 31MPG on the same trip.

The reason I got the Hybrid was for the 110 miles a day I drive back and forth to work. It's very frustrating as the car sucks as it is performance wise and to only average 35MPG puts even more salt on my already regretful purchase. But from reading this forum and other places on the net many owners getting well over 40MPG.

What do you guys average on your Hybrid and regular ILX's?

Also can someone shed some more knowledge on how accurate the meter is? I'm actually getting less than 35.8 if I divide what I'm getting out of a tank by 13, as I will average around 440 miles out of a tank and I ran it all the way till it had like 4 miles on it to see). So really that's 33.8 out of a full tank. Can't be right?

Thank you in advance for any advice/info to come...djc.
Old 01-28-2014 | 01:43 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by DJ COAST
I've put 2500 miles on my Hybrid so far and have averaged 35.8 from the day I bought it. I started out with premium for the first couple of tanks but then was told by the dealer that it doesn't matter. (I actually couldn't get over 34MPG for the first 4 tanks). Now the 2011 TSX I traded in for the Hybrid got better than advertised MPG on her and I always used regular. Averaging 33-34 highway, sometimes 35 and I have gotten up to 40 on it. Never saw it drop under 28 total average in 2 1/2 years. Now my wife's TSX (10') get's only 31MPG on the same trip.

The reason I got the Hybrid was for the 110 miles a day I drive back and forth to work. It's very frustrating as the car sucks as it is performance wise and to only average 35MPG puts even more salt on my already regretful purchase. But from reading this forum and other places on the net many owners getting well over 40MPG.

Also can someone shed some more knowledge on how accurate the meter is? I'm actually getting less than 35.8 if I divide what I'm getting out of a tank by 13, as I will average around 440 miles out of a tank and I ran it all the way till it had like 4 miles on it to see). So really that's 33.8 out of a full tank. Can't be right?

DJ Coast, first off, with the presumption that you're a DJ, I hope you purchased the ELS sound system! All jokes aside, it is unfortunate that your ILX is not performing as advertised.

In my case, I have a 2014 ILX (non-hybrid). While some have stated that the type of fuel does not matter, I still fill in premium grade. My stats, roughly, are the following:

5500 miles driven at an average of 30.1mpg. Granted, I drive on the freeway a bit. In the city it seems that my average is around 25mpg.
Old 01-28-2014 | 02:46 PM
Racer

DJ - Definitely do not count on the display MPG being correct. It's close but it's never perfect. Reset the trip on the next fill up, then when you go to the gas station for the following fill-up divide the total trip mileage by the exact amount of gallons the next fill-up takes. that's as accurate as you can get.

I actually have the 2.4L Manual and after 1,350 miles I'm averaging over 28MPG - but I do drive 70%+ highway...

You would think the Hybrid model would get at least 10-15MPG better than the 2.4L model....
Old 01-29-2014 | 12:09 AM
Suzuka Master

Earlier you commented in another post and I replied with the following:
... You might check the "Average Miles Per Hour" setting in the MID to see what you're really doing speed-wise. You might find that you actually drive in the city more than you think (ie. average speed of 35-40 mph). Other considerations would be tire pressure, under inflating can easily cost you 2-3 MPG. Finally, I'm not sure where you are, but I hear that "winter blends" of gasoline can also cost a couple MPGs. I could easily see your car being a 40 MPG car which (IMO) is within expectations.
Did you follow up on your Average Miles Per Hour? You need to check this before you fill the tank since it will zero out every time.

Did you check your tire pressures? What about winter fuel blends? Finally, when calculating by hand vs. trip computer. Why are you dividing by 13 and not the amount of the full fill up? I'm assuming that the 13 stated is because the fuel tank is 13 gallons, but IMO, it's rare to fill that much (but you will know, not trying to put words in your mouth)
Old 01-29-2014 | 06:29 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by VckPtl
DJ Coast, first off, with the presumption that you're a DJ, I hope you purchased the ELS sound system! All jokes aside, it is unfortunate that your ILX is not performing as advertised.
Hah yes I did get the Tech package. The system sounds great but I do wish it had a little more bass

Originally Posted by Colin
Earlier you commented in another post and I replied with the following:

Did you follow up on your Average Miles Per Hour? You need to check this before you fill the tank since it will zero out every time.

Did you check your tire pressures? What about winter fuel blends? Finally, when calculating by hand vs. trip computer. Why are you dividing by 13 and not the amount of the full fill up? I'm assuming that the 13 stated is because the fuel tank is 13 gallons, but IMO, it's rare to fill that much (but you will know, not trying to put words in your mouth)
I looked but forget what it said. I never understood what that was for and has to do with MPG's but I'll look into it. (maybe you can shed some light). Tire pressure is fine. (on a side note the light keeps coming on because it's so cold). Several people have told me about winter blends and not getting the best fuel economy, so maybe...

I used 13 because that's how big the tank is, but I thought I may have been doing it wrong. When there's almost no miles left and I fill, I put in around 11 gallons. In that case I am getting 40MPG if I divide 440 by 11.

Appreciate the feedback guys...djc.
Old 01-29-2014 | 08:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

hey i have the 2.4l and when i drive mostly city it always says 26.3 or so. On mostly highway just under 30mpg -29.7 - 29.9. ithink I was driving kinda aggresive at first tho, and now i'm mostly more chill. same mpg tho
Old 01-30-2014 | 12:25 AM
Suzuka Master

I looked but forget what it said. I never understood what that was for and has to do with MPG's but I'll look into it. (maybe you can shed some light).
It has little to do with the actual miles per gallon per se. However it has a lot to do with helping you understand your expectations versus what you are getting.

Tire pressure is fine. (on a side note the light keeps coming on because it's so cold). Several people have told me about winter blends and not getting the best fuel economy, so maybe...
I don't have a lot of experience in really cold driving but if you ask me, if the light is coming on, your tire pressures are probably on the low side.

So you are in a cold climate. Winter fuel blends are notorious for poor economy.

I put in around 11 gallons. In that case I am getting 40MPG if I divide 440 mpg
Sounds more like it. You need to calculate fuel economy based on the amount of gas you actually use on that tankful and not the size of the tank.
Old 01-30-2014 | 07:26 AM
Instructor

I have a hybrid tech with about 14,000 miles on it and live in the DC area. Right now I am averaging about 34-36 mpg on my tanks due to the cold weather, blasting the heater, warming up the car, heated seats, etc. During warmer months I average 41 mpg. Not sure where you live but the weather can definitely be an issue.

My tank usually consists of 60% hwy/40% city driving. On the highway I usually go about 70 mph so I'm not doing crazy speeding. I also use regular gas and not premium.

Using 13 gallons to figure out your mpg is very inaccurate. I run my car down to after the trip meter says zero miles left b/c I have learned that once it says zero that means I have at least another gallon, which in my case can get me at least another 30 miles (an extra day commute). Even after letting my car go past zero miles left I still only fill up 11.5 gallons at most.

Hopefully things improve for you.
Old 01-30-2014 | 09:22 AM
1st Gear

I have a ILX hybrid too. The average I got was 35 - 36MPG in 30% highway. In one trip with 70% highway I did get 38MPG. Both data were in cold weather. I use premium gas. Looks like it is no way for me to get 38 mpg in city as Acura advertised. I drive very gently to get these MPG.
Old 01-30-2014 | 09:24 AM
Three Wheelin'

There are lots of free mpg calculators on the internet. Google is your friend. Looking at the mid for your average mph is very insightful and is probably lower than you may think.

In my case since day one on my TSX Aspec 6 mt I have averaged 39 kmh or just over 24 mph. Surprisingly low in my mind but then I don't do a lot of driving. My average gas consumption is 8.6L per 100 km which translates into 32.85 mpg per Cdn gal 27.35 US mpg. since day one.

It has been as low as 6.9 but the average since day one is as above. I keep track of the trip between fills on trip A and the total avg on Trip B. I am not disappointed in my overall average when I see how low the average actual mph is as it should be more than double that speed to be in the most economical mpg range.
Old 01-31-2014 | 09:15 AM
Cruisin'

Yeah that seems kinda low for the hybrid. I have the 2.4 and I average around 31 mpg calculated at the pump (one fill up once, reset trip odometer, fill up again, divide trip odometer miles by filled up gallons). Annoyingly, number is typically around 2-3mpg less than the mpg meter in the car reports. This driving is around 80% highway @70mpg and 20% city, and I generally drive pretty easy.

Interestingly I've taken some long trips consisting of all highway and or 55mph double lane roads and I've hit 34-36 mpg. This is definitely a special case, but it's still pretty damn good for performance oriented engine.

For hybrid people, to save mpg, I would pay special attention to driving habits; you're gonna want to accelerate slowly in order to use the battery/motor as much as possible (more efficient than the ICE engine), and also use the breaks lighter over longer periods of time in order to use as much regenerative braking as possible while not losing energy to the conventional breaks.

According to the manual, it looks like the hybrid recommends premium 91 octane, the same as the 2.4L. They say you can put lower octane gas in and the car will knock a few times and then be fine with lower engine performance. It seems up for debate whether or not higher octane fuel will actually give you better gas millage:
http://www.cartalk.com/content/premium-vs-regular-0
Old 01-31-2014 | 03:49 PM
Bella Nova

Seeing these numbers makes me feel better that we passed up on the hybrid & got the '14 base. We get 31-32 mpg with 70% highway. Or if I drive it 27-28 70% city driving. I feel though if our driving was more flat those numbers would be higher. Driving to & from work is a 1200ft elevation change.
Old 01-31-2014 | 11:56 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Keanu's mrs. T
Seeing these numbers makes me feel better that we passed up on the hybrid & got the '14 base. We get 31-32 mpg with 70% highway. Or if I drive it 27-28 70% city driving. I feel though if our driving was more flat those numbers would be higher. Driving to & from work is a 1200ft elevation change.
You made the right choice. I truly regret my purchase. The main reason I swayed toward the Hybrid was in expectations of getting at least 40MPG because I put a 110 miles a day on her. In my experience cars usually make better than what's advertised as my 2 TSX's did on the exact same trip. Also I sacrificed a couple cubic feet in trunk space, and to make it worse the back seats don't go down, there's no spare tire and I am not even going to talk about performance because there is none. The engine shutting down and sputtering back up during stops is annoying and who knows what kind of problems these batteries are going to give me in the future, oh and the puny 16" wheels vs the 17" that come with the regular version.

Sorry to be negative guys, but if I could take it back today I wouldn't think twice. I told the salesman that a week later when he called me to see how I liked the car. I made a mistake and every time I see my wife's TSX in the driveway it's like rubbing it in (I traded in a TSX for this Hybrid). I was getting 33-34MPG with the TSX on the same trip go figure.

My ultimate advice for anyone is if you owned a 2nd gen TSX do not get an ILX at all because it's a step down and if you don't own a 2nd gen TSX and want an ILX don't get the Hybrid. To pay an extra 4k for a couple more MPG's and all the sacrifices I mentioned above is not worth it. Acura made a mistake with this car. Maybe if I didn't already own a TSX I wouldn't know any better, but I was spoiled.
Old 02-01-2014 | 08:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

Actually a lot of the reviews said the only one worth getting was the 2.4L. I was looking for a stick TSX, could not find one (how I wanted it). So then I found my 2.4L ILX. Love it so far, I do wish it was TSX size though. Oh also kept hearing on the reviews that Acura messed up and should have had paddle shifter 2.4L's, and I believe they now do. I heard it on the radio, but they didn't say if it was the 2.4L. I 'm pretty sure it is tho.
The following users liked this post:
DJ COAST (02-02-2014)
Old 02-03-2014 | 08:24 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by aomechmarine
Actually a lot of the reviews said the only one worth getting was the 2.4L. I was looking for a stick TSX, could not find one (how I wanted it). So then I found my 2.4L ILX. Love it so far, I do wish it was TSX size though. Oh also kept hearing on the reviews that Acura messed up and should have had paddle shifter 2.4L's, and I believe they now do. I heard it on the radio, but they didn't say if it was the 2.4L. I 'm pretty sure it is tho.
No. The 2.4L is still 6-speed manual only on the ILX.

The Hybrid gets its best mileage in stop and go and gentle highway driving. I think the last time I drove one on the highway to a customer, over a year ago, I averaged 40-41 with and without Econ.

My non-Hybrid (2nd one now) regular 2.0L automatic ILX averages anywhere from 25-28 with my normal highway & hilly town commute, 26 miles each way. The tank is small and doesn't cost much to fill up, but it does not get the mileage I was used to with the 2.4L/automatic TSX before, that I know. I think mainly because of how much the 2.0L is working, how high it revs when cruising, and gearing.
Old 02-03-2014 | 08:57 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by beach109
No. The 2.4L is still 6-speed manual only on the ILX.

The Hybrid gets its best mileage in stop and go and gentle highway driving. I think the last time I drove one on the highway to a customer, over a year ago, I averaged 40-41 with and without Econ.

My non-Hybrid (2nd one now) regular 2.0L automatic ILX averages anywhere from 25-28 with my normal highway & hilly town commute, 26 miles each way. The tank is small and doesn't cost much to fill up, but it does not get the mileage I was used to with the 2.4L/automatic TSX before, that I know. I think mainly because of how much the 2.0L is working, how high it revs when cruising, and gearing.
LOL In other words, when they say 'your mileage may vary' they really mean it!? IMO, the OP is getting ~40 MPG in the winter, not sure what he was expecting but it seems to be about on par with most other Hybrid drivers.

Speed plays a big role in what you can expect to get. My round trip commute is about ~45 miles. My average speed is rarely over 28 MPH despite 50-70% of the miles spent on the freeway at 60 MPH. This is offset by the majority spent in stop and go traffic. In other words, of the 40 minute, 22 mile 'one way' trip, 15 minutes is on the freeway at 60MPH probably covering 15 miles and the remaining 25 minutes is spent over 7 miles. It's shocking how slow the average speed truly is. Here are the fuelly logs for my ILX 6-MT: http://www.fuelly.com/driver/satoauto/ilx
Old 02-03-2014 | 09:32 PM
Burning Brakes

hybrid main advantage is in the city.... of your 110 miles per day how much of it is in the city?
Old 02-04-2014 | 09:35 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Colin
LOL In other words, when they say 'your mileage may vary' they really mean it!? IMO, the OP is getting ~40 MPG in the winter, not sure what he was expecting but it seems to be about on par with most other Hybrid drivers.

Speed plays a big role in what you can expect to get. My round trip commute is about ~45 miles. My average speed is rarely over 28 MPH despite 50-70% of the miles spent on the freeway at 60 MPH. This is offset by the majority spent in stop and go traffic. In other words, of the 40 minute, 22 mile 'one way' trip, 15 minutes is on the freeway at 60MPH probably covering 15 miles and the remaining 25 minutes is spent over 7 miles. It's shocking how slow the average speed truly is. Here are the fuelly logs for my ILX 6-MT: http://www.fuelly.com/driver/satoauto/ilx
Yes the average speed plays a big role and calculating your gas mileage correctly which the OP wasn't doing plays even a bigger role.
Old 02-04-2014 | 07:01 PM
Suzuka Master

My latest, Average Speed: 29 MPH. Distance traveled: 310 miles. Fuel used: 10.65 Gal. Miles Per Gallon: 29.1
Old 02-05-2014 | 01:15 AM
Cruisin'

I have the 2013 hybrid tech, and am getting 36-38 mpg. 70% city/ 30% highway. I'm not a very aggressive driver; I generally drive a bit faster than the speed limit and avoid flooring the gas pedal unless I need to. My car has about 13,000 miles on it now.
Old 02-05-2014 | 12:49 PM
Racer

You made the right choice. I truly regret my purchase. The main reason I swayed toward the Hybrid was in expectations of getting at least 40MPG because I put a 110 miles a day on her. In my experience cars usually make better than what's advertised as my 2 TSX's did on the exact same trip. Also I sacrificed a couple cubic feet in trunk space, and to make it worse the back seats don't go down, there's no spare tire and I am not even going to talk about performance because there is none. The engine shutting down and sputtering back up during stops is annoying and who knows what kind of problems these batteries are going to give me in the future, oh and the puny 16" wheels vs the 17" that come with the regular version.

Sorry to be negative guys, but if I could take it back today I wouldn't think twice. I told the salesman that a week later when he called me to see how I liked the car. I made a mistake and every time I see my wife's TSX in the driveway it's like rubbing it in (I traded in a TSX for this Hybrid). I was getting 33-34MPG with the TSX on the same trip go figure.

My ultimate advice for anyone is if you owned a 2nd gen TSX do not get an ILX at all because it's a step down and if you don't own a 2nd gen TSX and want an ILX don't get the Hybrid. To pay an extra 4k for a couple more MPG's and all the sacrifices I mentioned above is not worth it. Acura made a mistake with this car. Maybe if I didn't already own a TSX I wouldn't know any better, but I was spoiled.
I have a 2013 Hybrid with Tech and I am on the same boat with you. I wouldn't say I necessarily fully regret the decision to buy but I wish I had test driven other competing vehicles in the hybrid segment. The trunk is small, no fold down seats, and sometimes the auto start stop can be a little rough. There isn't a place to store my sunglasses unless its in the armrest, and the center cubby is really too small for me to be practical.

On the positive side, I do about a split 50% city and highway and I average 37-38.5 mpg. I am a spirited driver, typically I am going around 75-80 on the highway but not hammering the gas. Constant and linear driving. I find if you take the econ mode off, the car is a bit more enjoyable to drive. Sport mode is ok...paddle shifts are really slow. When I did more driving for work I was probably 70% highway 30% city and I avg'd around 42mpg.

I can't wait for my lease to be over and look for something else.
Old 02-05-2014 | 06:23 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Nexx
hybrid main advantage is in the city.... of your 110 miles per day how much of it is in the city?
None
Old 02-05-2014 | 06:31 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by pdpgps
I have a 2013 Hybrid with Tech and I am on the same boat with you. I wouldn't say I necessarily fully regret the decision to buy but I wish I had test driven other competing vehicles in the hybrid segment. The trunk is small, no fold down seats, and sometimes the auto start stop can be a little rough. There isn't a place to store my sunglasses unless its in the armrest, and the center cubby is really too small for me to be practical.

On the positive side, I do about a split 50% city and highway and I average 37-38.5 mpg. I am a spirited driver, typically I am going around 75-80 on the highway but not hammering the gas. Constant and linear driving. I find if you take the econ mode off, the car is a bit more enjoyable to drive. Sport mode is ok...paddle shifts are really slow. When I did more driving for work I was probably 70% highway 30% city and I avg'd around 42mpg.

Yeah I agree with the economy mode. The car is so slow with it on and I see a very little difference (less then 1MPG better with it on).

Funny you said that about the sunglass holder. Because I was spoiled by the TSX roomy cabin with so much storage I am even more disappointed with the ILX's interior. No sunglass holder, no change holder near the left knee, plus that compartment under the radio in the middle (and the little on under that). Even the ID slot on the visor, the list goes on. Oh wait one more, the only thing I can fit in the door is a water bottle WTF ...lol. Then there's the small glove box and armrest and that's all there is. Sorry guys reminiscing on my TSX, oh how I miss her. Luckily I still get to drive my wife's to get my TSX fix. I'd take it every day, but I don't want to put the mileage on the TSX like that.
Old 02-05-2014 | 07:19 PM
Three Wheelin'

Do you guys have passengers in the car a lot? I think that makes a big difference too. I came from a 2001 Honda Civic EX coupe , and I loved the gas mileage, and reliability and relative low maintenance. It kinda started burning oil, but had a lot of mods. I just topped it off and it was good. Anyway, the only thing that annoyed me A LOT was when I'd have to give Marines rides. WTF so annoying to have a coupe… adjusting seats, waiting on people to get in and out, car gets WAY dirtier and faster because people end up kicking stuff getting in and out… etc… Yeah so I mostly drive by myself or sometimes a female passenger. Back seat is plenty "roomy" (HEHE) enough if you slide both front seats all the way forward. Yeah do-able in that coupe, but again pretty annoying.
Old 02-06-2014 | 06:59 AM
Instructor

My experience has been about the same as yours.
Old 02-06-2014 | 10:12 AM
Racer

TSXinVA and DJ Coast, as fellow hybrid owners did you guys test drive the CT200h? That is probably the only other hybrid I considered. I like the hatch/storage capacity, better MPGs, and at least there was a cosmetic F-sport version.

Have you guys had any issues driving in snow with our hybrid?
Old 02-06-2014 | 10:38 AM
Instructor

TSXinVA and DJ Coast, as fellow hybrid owners did you guys test drive the CT200h? That is probably the only other hybrid I considered. I like the hatch/storage capacity, better MPGs, and at least there was a cosmetic F-sport version.

My previous lease was a 2010 Lexus HS250h. The car had a smoother ride and all around seemed more luxurious inside. Usually when I would bring it in for service the loaner would be a CT200h. The CT drove nice but was too small for me. I felt very cramped inside of it. I am also not a fan of hatchbacks (to each their own.) So I never really considered the CT at all. I liked the ES hybrid, but was a little too big and I couldn't get my dealer to get a great price since they were very much in demand.

I was never in love w/ the ILX hybrid to begin with from the first time I drove it but figured it would do for the right price. I was out driving other cars and about to abandon the idea of getting another hybrid when my Acura dealer called me and made an offer of $399 per month all inclusive (taxes, fees, etc) and nothing down (except first payment). So I took the deal and figured I could drive the car for 3 years and see how it goes. One of the great things about leasing.

As for the snow, I haven't really driven it in the snow so I can't comment. My wife's car is an AWD SUV so I just use that with snow. What are your thoughts about the ILX hybrid and snow?
Old 02-06-2014 | 02:06 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by tsxinva
My previous lease was a 2010 Lexus HS250h. The car had a smoother ride and all around seemed more luxurious inside. Usually when I would bring it in for service the loaner would be a CT200h. The CT drove nice but was too small for me. I felt very cramped inside of it. I am also not a fan of hatchbacks (to each their own.) So I never really considered the CT at all. I liked the ES hybrid, but was a little too big and I couldn't get my dealer to get a great price since they were very much in demand.

I was never in love w/ the ILX hybrid to begin with from the first time I drove it but figured it would do for the right price. I was out driving other cars and about to abandon the idea of getting another hybrid when my Acura dealer called me and made an offer of $399 per month all inclusive (taxes, fees, etc) and nothing down (except first payment). So I took the deal and figured I could drive the car for 3 years and see how it goes. One of the great things about leasing.

As for the snow, I haven't really driven it in the snow so I can't comment. My wife's car is an AWD SUV so I just use that with snow. What are your thoughts about the ILX hybrid and snow?
It's actually been pretty good. I upgraded my tires to Continental DWS so I have a bit more confidence in traction. I don't have a lot of complaints in that regard.
Old 02-07-2014 | 05:52 PM
Cruisin'

Today I drove it around 15 miles after it hit 0. Said 378 378 miles since my last fill Put it 11.3 (the exact amount I put in a few days ago when I filled at around 400 miles. So sadly I am averaging around 33.4 gallons. I forgot to look at average speed right before I filled up but it was 45 the other day. I drive around half my trip at 55 MPH and the other half 75 MPH as I have to take two different roads. It's about 95% highway every day.
Old 02-07-2014 | 05:57 PM
Cruisin'

Actually I did back in 2011 before I got my TSX. It was ok, but I went with the TSX instead. I think the CT200 drove way nicer, faster, better handling, breaking and total performance than my ILX Hybrid does. The look just isn't for me, that's why I didn't go with it.

We have been getting bombarded with snow here in Jersey this winter. They clear the roads pretty fast here, so I haven't actually driven thru snow much on it, but on a couple streets that weren't plowed I did feel it slip a couple times and on one turn she slid a good bit, definitely didn't feel super confident with it. The car does great in the rain though.
Old 03-09-2014 | 11:38 PM
Instructor

my ilx 2.4 manual was hitting 37mpg average on the highway

Last edited by team3d; 03-09-2014 at 11:47 PM.
Old 03-18-2014 | 12:24 PM
Racer

Pretty impressive for the 2.4!
team3d (03-18-2014)
Old 03-18-2014 | 03:02 PM
Advanced

just for reference, i am getting about 7.7L/100km in winter driving. i do 70% highway. ILX 2.0L premium
Old 03-18-2014 | 11:02 PM
Instructor

Pretty impressive for the 2.4!

thanks, that's hwy only... city is still the same
Old 03-18-2014 | 11:08 PM
Three Wheelin'

@ team3d - what are your mods? I see you were using cruise control and (not joking) I'm gonna assume you were going downhill right? haha Yeah cant wait to mod mine to breathe better - slightly better mpg from IHE setup and MOAR POWA! (probably not much really)
team3d (03-19-2014)
Old 03-19-2014 | 12:02 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by aomechmarine
@ team3d - what are your mods? I see you were using cruise control and (not joking) I'm gonna assume you were going downhill right? haha Yeah cant wait to mod mine to breathe better - slightly better mpg from IHE setup and MOAR POWA! (probably not much really)
the powertrain & drivetrain is bone stock...

the only thing i did now was put stock wheels back & bought a fkx racing factory tuned package to improve my handling...

i was driving back from ontario mills to san gabriel with my wife & daughter.

and i still don't know how to use cruise control, it's on but it's not engage.

the mpg bump was a surprise, after fkx tuned my suspension, my hwy mpg jump and the car is more efficient now..
Old 03-19-2014 | 12:10 AM
Instructor

this is a 2012 si sedan, stock powertrain & drivetrain....

17x8 volk racing ce28n, full fkx suspension braces & bar (5pcs), buddy club coil over, buddy club camber kit and 24mm progress rear sway bar.

suspension was tuned & packaged by fkx

Old 03-19-2014 | 12:17 AM
Three Wheelin'

REALLY?! YOU DON'T SAY!? HMMMMM…. What exactly does this PACKAGE consist of? tell me more... I suck at adding pics haha
Old 03-19-2014 | 12:26 AM
Instructor

sorry, they won't tell so i didn't ask...

what i can tell you is FKX is all about physics & efficiency, they are gonna do more tests before confirm about the mpg bump...

but, if you go 9th gen civic, not 1 single person will give poor review on fkx racing products.. it just works...

this is why i always support grassroots racing brands... they are never about making money..

i remember trust(greddy) used to be a grassroots brand, quality parts that actually function & affordable..
Old 03-19-2014 | 12:38 AM
Three Wheelin'

I just checked out their little weebly website. It looks like the basic good 'ole bolt ons… dats coo'… let me know about parts and prices tho mang… that what i'm mostly in the market for right now...

Quick Reply: ILX Hybrid MPG's