ILX hood deflector --- any pics?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 11:18 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ILX hood deflector --- any pics?

Hi,

First post here...

My wife just bought her third Acura (2014 ILX that was a lease return).

She does mostly hwy driving and we had a hood deflector on her CSX to help prevent stone chips (which worked well compared to the EL we had without a deflector).

The dealership didn't have a deflector and it is pretty much impossible to find many images online of ILXs or comparable Civics with the hood deflector.

Or at least I'm having difficulty finding more than a handful --- I've found a white one, a black one and a blue Civic.

Does anyone have pics of their ILX with a hood deflector? If so, could you please post? We're hoping to see a dark grey ILX with one.

With the the change in grill/hood design, the images we've seen don't make the hood deflector very visually appealing. And the way the new grill is made --- with colour at the top --- the hood deflector looks like it may not do as much good as it did on the CSX. The painted portion of the grill isn't protected by the deflector.

Thanks for for any help you can provide.

Todd
Old 08-15-2016, 10:27 AM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
Originally Posted by Cdntac
With the the change in grill/hood design, the images we've seen don't make the hood deflector very visually appealing. And the way the new grill is made --- with colour at the top --- the hood deflector looks like it may not do as much good as it did on the CSX. The painted portion of the grill isn't protected by the deflector.
I'd get a clear bra. The bug/rock deflector looks out of place, IMO.

And

Name:  zmv1q7u.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  14.7 KB
The following users liked this post:
Cdntac (08-15-2016)