contractor nightmare

Old 08-19-2009, 01:58 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
contractor nightmare

hey guys im in the middle of construction, and my retarted ass contractor is not showing up and making excuses cause why he cant work. either its cause of me not picking out the granite color in time or which facuet i want blah blah. It has been 15 days since he has shown up and worked. he paints my cabinets and clears it with me, then ok the color and he goes on painting the cabinets then later come find out he supposedly ran out of paint and starts painting the rest of the cabinets another fu^%$ color! i confront him about it, and make his ass strip and redo the color with the original color. He whines about how labor intensive its gonna be to strip all the cabinets and that it will take another 3 days to sand it down. I then come home early from work and the whole damn cabinets are already stripped down within 4 hours! he acts like its my fault and then takes it out on me not showing up and then starts charging me for what he was gonna do for me in the first place. this dip shit is gonna get a ass beating after hes finished. im in a pickle cause i dont want to piss him off more then the work may be more shitty and he prob. show up once a month. god im about to pull my hair out.
this was suppose to be a 2 month job and its not even 30% done. it has been 6 weeks. oh yea did i mention he got paint all over my carpets.!AGGHH!!!!!!

how do you stick it to contractors in legal ways. i am planning to file a complaint after hes finished with my home with california state licence board.

whatever you do do not hire this dipshit for your jobs. he mainly does bussiness not homes. so look out. some info about this a-hole, i will post a pic of his ass when i get it.

-korean
-male
-65 yrs old.
-wears eyeglasses
-5'5"
-about 170-190lbs.
-lives in either santa clara i think.
-drives a chevorlet dark green truck.
-loves to wear a hat cause of his balding head.
-loves his electronics to fiddle with."i dont know he just jabbers on about how he likes them to me"
-loves to golf.
-hangs around el camino real k-town area alot.
-i think his legal name is JIM LIM
-contracts with a dumb ass painter, the one that painted my cabinets another color and thought i woundnt notice.

i will post more info when i get some.
this retarted ass is going down.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:02 PM
Safety Car

Received 145 Likes on 90 Posts
Well, that's about as loud as it gets, I guess.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:03 PM
Super Car Enthusiast

Received 190 Likes on 91 Posts
Yeah, building a home sucks. I had my fair share of donkey contractors.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
looks like he painted you against a corner...

is he a licensed contractor?
Old 08-19-2009, 02:11 PM
Three Wheelin'

yes licenced
Old 08-19-2009, 02:14 PM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts
Fire him, hire another one and backcharge the first one the cost that you are out.

That's what we do. We are a GC though.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:17 PM
Burning Brakes

get rid of him would be my opinion. when i used to live in VA we had a rather large addition put on. contractor stopped paying subs>we stopped paying him. it turned into a battle for the next 2-6 years!! he didnt get anything in the end, but its very stressful, time consuming, and very expensive to defend yourself. he sued us for over a mil, he was a cop also.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:20 PM
Super Car Enthusiast

Received 190 Likes on 91 Posts
Ah, I see. You're the foreman then? I feel for you. I remember when we were building, our foreman would always be bitching about the contractors and subs. Our house completely stopped construction during deer season. He couldn't get a sub to show up to save his life.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:22 PM
Three Wheelin'

im gonna let him finish his job. just cause the headache would be less for me to go through the process of fire,hire,fight,money,etc...

then make his a life a living hell.cause i can find out everything about him, and let everyone know how he treats his customers. hopefull he be out of bussiness within the near future.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:30 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,117 Posts
Interesting. Be careful you don't get sued.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:03 PM

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts
You're going to complain WHEN HE'S DONE?!?! If he's not showing up for work and you seem threatened by him (eg: don't think he'll do the quality of work necessary just to spite you), you should fire him now. In fact, if you're so upset with him and his work now, don't let him touch anything else.

Stop payment on whatever he has not cashed yet/whatever work has not been completed and find someone else. I hope you've been paying him in increments and completion dates and not in one huge payment.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:10 PM
Burning Brakes

^ thats totally right.

-dont keep paying him/ letting him work. why would you wanna take that risk just to complain later and be unhappy? ive worked in the construction field and have 1st hand experience. my personal advice is your gonna get fucked, possibly sued if you start shit after you have him finish the work. just take our word and find someone else. a reputable contractor will have no problems taking over the job from where he left off, and quickly pickup the project.