Adt Sucks A$$!!!

Old 06-05-2006, 04:54 PM
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
Adt Sucks A$$!!!

This morning I had some problems arming my alarm system because my panel kept telling me one of my motion detectors was being triggered. Since I was the only one in the house there was no way this could be the case, so I called ADT. I had to call them 4 times because the first three "techs" had no idea what to do, and finally on my 4th call the person scheduled a service call for today. The time window was from noon - 5 pm. So I end up having to go to work for a couple of hours, then rush home to be here by 12. I get here on time and wait ALL DAMN DAY. I finally called them back at 4:18 and was on hold for 10 minutes. when I finally got someone they told me that the guy was at another person's house and
I was next. (yeah right, I heard that before). So I wait until 5:00 and call back, ended up being on hold for 15 minutes until the call dropped. I called them back a few minutes later, and on hold again for 10 minutes. I finally got someone, and I asked them where the guy was, she checked the notes and the guy said he couldn't make it today because it was the end of his shift. Wow, thanks for telling me! No call from him at anytime during the day. Instead it took 3 calls to find out that he wasn't coming.

The lady at ADT told me they would have to reschedule and I told her that I already missed a day of work waiting on them and I can't miss tommorow as well. She found another time on the 7th from 8 to 9 am, supposedly I'm the first stop. I'll believe it when I see it.

What the hell is up with these guys? The lady at customer service was nice, but the damn repair man didn't even have the courtesy to give me a call to let me know ANYTHING! When I scheduled the appointment this morning they asked for my cell number and put it in the work order so I know that guy had it, but instead of calling me to let me know, he chose to leave me in the dark all day; waiting for nothing. Like I have time to sit around all day.

In fact had I not called, I would have been late picking my son up from summer camp because I would have been still waiting. No courtesy whatsoever. Why even give them contact numbers if they are not going call anyway.

Last edited by WdnUlik2no; 06-05-2006 at 04:58 PM.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:59 PM
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
This always bothers me as well. I dislike having a huge time window given to me in which the guy could show up.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:43 AM
G
Bitten.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While it does suck that you had to go through all of that trouble-why did you go home and wait for them? The entire point of the window is so that you can stay at work and come home when they call you. I don't understand why you went home and waited for them.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:45 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by ATXCLS
While it does suck that you had to go through all of that trouble-why did you go home and wait for them? The entire point of the window is so that you can stay at work and come home when they call you. I don't understand why you went home and waited for them.

What you said makes sense except for the fact that they didn't call me once during that window. Had I not called them, I would have not have even known where he was.

Originally Posted by WdnUlik2no
Why even give them contact numbers if they are not going call anyway.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:53 AM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
TimeWarner gives me an exact time whenever I need a tech.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:37 AM
G
Bitten.

Originally Posted by WdnUlik2no
What you said makes sense except for the fact that they didn't call me once during that window. Had I not called them, I would have not have even known where he was.
Yeah, that I understand-and is completley unacceptable. I was just saying that there was no need to leave work and sit around, that is, unless you were looking for an excuse to leave work.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:33 AM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,651 Likes on 1,116 Posts
brinks sucks donkey dick too. I am moving tomorrow, and inquired to customer service what my options are. They said that I can either pay off what I owe them for the remaining time on my contract (15 more months at $27.99/month) , or I could sign up for a new THREE YEAR contract at the same price, and they would give us a free premium keypad with three door sensors. Considering our house is all on one level now, I need window sensors too. Adding windows sensors would be $75 for two, and that's at a 50% discount! I'm pissed because I hate getting into long term contracts like this. Are there cheaper options, that's not ADT? Can I get something that calls my cell phone? What about little battery operated alarms that just make a noise that are motion detectors?

On top of that, I would need to get a landline, which I did not want to do. So all of a sudden that $27.99 (plus taxes) just became $65/month. I don't want to pay that much.

I mean I like the service comfort for the fire and burglary protection, but I'm not paying that much for three years for that. No effing way. Plus, if someone was going to kill us, an alarm would not stop them. It would only speed up the Police to find our bodies in the freezer!
Old 06-09-2006, 03:04 PM
Safety Car

Yeah I'm on a contract as well, 3 years. That really sucks. I pay around $90 per quarter.

Well the guy did show up on my second appointment between 8 and 9 as promised and he was a very nice guy. I still don't know why he didn't call the first time, but thats in the past. He just ended up switching out the motion detector with a new one. It was kind of funny because he ragged on the people in ADT Customer service. I told him some of the things they told me to do:

1) take the battery out of the motion detector,
2) find where the main unit is plugged into the outlet.

Of course none of these things helped, because 1), the motion detectors don't even have batteries, and 2), the main unit is NOT plugged into any visible outlet in my house. Instead the wires go inside the wall somewhere. I tried to tell one of the lady's at customer service this and she was completely stumped, and just kept repeating the same thing, "Find the outlet where it is plugged into" So in other words tear down the wall to see where the wires go. ummm no.

The service guy said they have no idea what they are talking about and sometimes what customer service tells customers just baffles him.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:32 AM
I have the need for speed

Originally Posted by gatrhumpy
Are there cheaper options, that's not ADT?
https://www.alarm.com/

https://nextalarm.com/index.jsp

http://www.smarthome.com/alarm.html

http://www.securityalarmsusa.com/