Health & Fitness You're fat. Get skinny…

What supplements are you takin?

Old 04-13-2012, 10:25 AM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace
jacked makes my arms tingle. like a pricking sensation
very funny feeling lol
yeah it's mostly niacin reacting with your blood. makes you feel kinda warm all over. it'll pass after you're on it for a few weeks. tolerance and whatnot.

i've been slacking recently tho...usually hit up the gym M W and Fri. M do bi's and back, W do shoulders and legs, and Fri do chest and tri's.

i need to get back into a routine. i'm switching gyms so that i can just ride my bike to and from the new gym, which is only a few miles from my house.

next thing to get in check...my diet. i know what i need to do, i just keep slacking off with it. need to get more whey, chicken, tuna, fish, good fruit, multi vitamins, glutamine, carnitine, creatine, fish oil...ugh...i can see the dollar signs lighting up now!
Old 04-13-2012, 09:48 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace
for the past 2 months, i've been getting chunky on purpose.
eating carbs like crazy.
lifting but not doing any cardio.

finally got tired of it. my mood has been gay, huffing and puffing up and down stairs, etc.
started HIIT on Tuesday, and holy hell do I feel better already!
I don't know that feeling yet, have always been around 14-16% body fat cos I just started lifting. I have no idea how to cut safely yet, but prob don't have to worry about it for a 9 months to a 1yr from now anyhow.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:08 AM

Received 2,773 Likes on 1,976 Posts
whats the benefits of whey protein?

do i take it before or after a workout? or both? or can i take half before and the other half after?

Old 05-24-2012, 09:45 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Mizouse
whats the benefits of whey protein?

do i take it before or after a workout? or both? or can i take half before and the other half after?

Whey protein is just a fast absorbing protein that's easy to drink. The benefit is that you get a solid serving of protein and usually some simple carbs into your system fast after a workout when it is harder (for most people) to eat whole foods and when your body needs it the most.
The following 2 users liked this post by mcflyguy24:
justnspace (05-24-2012), Mizouse (05-24-2012)
Old 05-24-2012, 09:49 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
^great advice.
The following users liked this post:
Mizouse (05-24-2012)
Old 05-24-2012, 09:52 AM

So I'll go get myself a tub then.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:42 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
Whey is good for fast absorption (as indicated). At night take a protein that doesn't absorb as quickly.

As a side note - Gold Standard flavors tropical punch and strawberry suck balls. Chocolate and vanilla ice cream are good.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:02 PM

Well I don't want to be fat anymore, it'll help with that right?
Old 05-24-2012, 05:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Well I don't want to be fat anymore, it'll help with that right?
Yes. Any protein will help support lean muscle over fat. Your overall diet and amount and type of exercise will do more than any supplement ever will though. Look for lean sources of protein such as fish, egg whites, walnuts, almonds. Carbs and fat aren't the end of the world as long as you stay under on calories, but even with that said looks for complex carbs and healthy fats over simple carbs and highly saturated, or even worse, trans fats. Eat your vegetables..
Mizouse (05-25-2012)
Old 05-24-2012, 06:10 PM
One on the right for me

Yes. See above. Fat isn't bad so don't avoid it. Cut carbs that convert into sugar quickly. Sugar isn't good.
The following 3 users liked this post by subinf:
mcflyguy24 (05-24-2012), Mizouse (05-25-2012), Papa_Sean (08-07-2012)
Old 05-25-2012, 12:01 AM
Above n Beyond

Received 132 Likes on 50 Posts
Adding another 2 to the list that I've tried in the last 6 months.

NOexplode = OK pump, but body became tolerant to it quickly.
SP250 = very good pump but left me farting and shitting badly. Really bad.
Shock Therapy = Not good
NOShotgun (currently) = Good pump, not gassy, good focus.
Jack3d - Great pump, tons of energy, OK focus. Sometimes hard to sleep. Wouldn't recommend taking after 7pm.
Assault - Great focus, excellent pump. Not energetic as some of the other NO products. Also it's very expensive for the services. Think I payed around $40 for around 15 servings.

A new one I've been reading about is Craze. One of the newest on the market and heard awesome reviews. Only a certain online stores carry it. No GNC or Vitamin Shoppe's carry it.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:24 AM
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 25 Posts
Whey and Creatine...that's it for me. I used to take NOxplode, super pump...I tried animal pak, but I got terrible migraines from it and light headed.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:30 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by UNCTYPE-S

Shock Therapy = Not good
Jack3d - Great pump, tons of energy, OK focus. Sometimes hard to sleep. Wouldn't recommend taking after 7pm.
Assault - Great focus, excellent pump. Not energetic as some of the other NO products. Also it's very expensive for the services. Think I payed around $40 for around 15 servings.

A new one I've been reading about is Craze. One of the newest on the market and heard awesome reviews. Only a certain online stores carry it. No GNC or Vitamin Shoppe's carry it.
I am currently taking Jack3d and find it doesn't give me lots of focus and more gittery energy than I'd like, for some reason I sweat more on it too. I had a free sample of cellucor C4 and liked it much better. I think I'm gonna ween off the pump products though and only use them when I'm really tired.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:56 PM
hmmmmmm...oh wait... nvm.

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
anyone tried Dymatize Elite whey protein?
if you have any good?
thx mucho.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:10 PM
E92

Received 93 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by UNCTYPE-S

Shock Therapy = Not good

Haha, my old roommate had those issues with super dump 250
Old 08-06-2012, 08:38 PM
Safety Car

Received 214 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by subinf
Whey is good for fast absorption (as indicated). At night take a protein that doesn't absorb as quickly.

As a side note - Gold Standard flavors tropical punch and strawberry suck balls. Chocolate and vanilla ice cream are good.
WTF I just bought a 5 pound tub of "Delicious Strawberry" from GNC.com for $56. Damn.. But then again doesn't GNC have a return policy that covers if you don't like the taste?

Anyways speaking of GNC I made the stupid mistake of going in-store and letting the hot girl sucker me into buying a bunch of crap. I just wanted a pre-workout, and a protein powder and ended up with:

(Image Sports) Alarm pre-workout: Works well. Used to work out for an hour, and crash 40 minutes into it. After this, I'm at the gym for at least an hour and a half. I can even stay longer but I got other stuff to do.
GNC Wheybolic whatever nonsense Protein powder: Extremely expensive and doesn't really have a lot of protein by weight. Worked kinda so-so. Something that's "on sale" for $68 for 3 lbs of powder = No.
GNC Mega Men's Multivitamin: Multivitamins that didn't turn me into the blue fighting robot Mega Man. Meh.
Red "Crea7ine": Never tried a creatine supplement, so I can't really compare. It does seem to help with muscle building, from what I can tell.
GNC Fish Oil: Won't turn you into Kanye West, so it's okay. I do remember hearing somewhere that the fish oil capsules that are labelled "Enteric coated" don't work so well.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:28 PM

luckily there are no hot girls that work at my GNC.. just nasty ass old ladies or some douche bags

im still only taking the GNC wheybolic extreme whatever whatever and the mega men sport multi vitamin packs.

i think thats enough for me.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:00 PM
One on the right for me

Originally Posted by Rapture
WTF I just bought a 5 pound tub of "Delicious Strawberry" from GNC.com for $56. Damn.. But then again doesn't GNC have a return policy that covers if you don't like the taste?

Anyways speaking of GNC I made the stupid mistake of going in-store and letting the hot girl sucker me into buying a bunch of crap. I just wanted a pre-workout, and a protein powder and ended up with:

(Image Sports) Alarm pre-workout: Works well. Used to work out for an hour, and crash 40 minutes into it. After this, I'm at the gym for at least an hour and a half. I can even stay longer but I got other stuff to do.
GNC Wheybolic whatever nonsense Protein powder: Extremely expensive and doesn't really have a lot of protein by weight. Worked kinda so-so. Something that's "on sale" for $68 for 3 lbs of powder = No.
GNC Mega Men's Multivitamin: Multivitamins that didn't turn me into the blue fighting robot Mega Man. Meh.
Red "Crea7ine": Never tried a creatine supplement, so I can't really compare. It does seem to help with muscle building, from what I can tell.
GNC Fish Oil: Won't turn you into Kanye West, so it's okay. I do remember hearing somewhere that the fish oil capsules that are labelled "Enteric coated" don't work so well.
I'm not sure about the return policy - probably should have looked into it. I have been trying to use the strawberry and have been mixing with the chocolate and vanilla but the artificial taste is really noticeable. Oh well....it is slightly better with milk.

Casein, even the chocolate, takes a while to get accustomed to
Old 08-07-2012, 01:12 AM

when i bought mine for the first time they guy told me that if i didnt like the flavor i could exchange it.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:54 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone in this thread training for the olympics? I cant even begin to understand how the human body digests most of the things you guys are taking. Protein shake I can understand but I think too many of you are sold on gimmicks/hype. Placebos make GNC alot of money
Old 08-08-2012, 09:04 PM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Presurge Unleashed (Muscle and strength)
Glutamine (Muscle and strength)
Cytoplex? (makers of muscle milk)Protein (Costco) 48.99-- 75 servings
Fish body oils (Muscle and strength)
Dymatize Elite XT (Muscle and strength)

All those supplements above and eating clean have help me see improvements in vascularity and strength. My goals are to gain 30-40lbs by spring and cut down to get ready for a show in late July.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:57 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by subinf
I'm not sure about the return policy - probably should have looked into it. I have been trying to use the strawberry and have been mixing with the chocolate and vanilla but the artificial taste is really noticeable. Oh well....it is slightly better with milk.

Casein, even the chocolate, takes a while to get accustomed to
I just tried the "Delicious Strawberry" and it's not too bad. It's not the best, but I can definitely live with it. And yeah I do mix it with 1% milk. I've had much worse protein powder flavors, trust me (like Body Fortress Chocolate Peanut Butter )

when i bought mine for the first time they guy told me that if i didnt like the flavor i could exchange it.
Yeah I seem to recall there being some sort of notice on my invoice saying they'll practically take returns for any reason, whatsoever. However about a month ago I bought a tub of the Wheybolic powder, opened it, and I was a little shocked that the paper seal over the mouth of the tub was peeled back. Took it back to GNC and the manager tried to tell me that it was no big deal -- tried to discourage me from exchanging it. Low and behold the 2nd tub also had the same problem

Originally Posted by Papa_Sean
Anyone in this thread training for the olympics? I cant even begin to understand how the human body digests most of the things you guys are taking. Protein shake I can understand but I think too many of you are sold on gimmicks/hype. Placebos make GNC alot of money
Yeah I got a little suspicious when Sammi from Jersey Shore was trying to get me to buy $250 in supplements 15 minutes after I walked in the door. It was pretty much a never-ending chain of "Well if you're gonna buy that then I'd recommend this since it'll help your body better absorb it.... and if you're gonna buy that then I think you should by this too since you're gonna need the extra Vitamin D for your pelvic bone so you don't wreck yourself with your diarrhea from the first 5 things I threw in your basket"

and I don't know about anyone else, but I can't take Casein protein. That stuff left me farting and drawing mud. I'm thinking maybe the rigorous pH balance of Casein protein keeps your body from digesting it properly.

Last edited by Rapture; 08-11-2012 at 06:00 PM.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:15 PM
Drifting

Received 486 Likes on 371 Posts
Originally Posted by NSXNEXT
Walmart vitamins (Centrum generic)
ON whey protein
Did not read thru all the pages,but centrums and one a day's are synthetic vitamin. Body can not break them down...I take protein,thermovex[zero sugar,10grams of fiber,herbal caffeine...]BCAA's
Old 08-11-2012, 07:06 PM

I just tried the "Delicious Strawberry" and it's not too bad. It's not the best, but I can definitely live with it. And yeah I do mix it with 1% milk. I've had much worse protein powder flavors, trust me (like Body Fortress Chocolate Peanut Butter )

Yeah I seem to recall there being some sort of notice on my invoice saying they'll practically take returns for any reason, whatsoever. However about a month ago I bought a tub of the Wheybolic powder, opened it, and I was a little shocked that the paper seal over the mouth of the tub was peeled back. Took it back to GNC and the manager tried to tell me that it was no big deal -- tried to discourage me from exchanging it. Low and behold the 2nd tub also had the same problem

Yeah I got a little suspicious when Sammi from Jersey Shore was trying to get me to buy $250 in supplements 15 minutes after I walked in the door. It was pretty much a never-ending chain of "Well if you're gonna buy that then I'd recommend this since it'll help your body better absorb it.... and if you're gonna buy that then I think you should by this too since you're gonna need the extra Vitamin D for your pelvic bone so you don't wreck yourself with your diarrhea from the first 5 things I threw in your basket"

and I don't know about anyone else, but I can't take Casein protein. That stuff left me farting and drawing mud. I'm thinking maybe the rigorous pH balance of Casein protein keeps your body from digesting it properly.
at drawing mud

But yea I noticed that seal on mine was too easy to pop off..

Are you talking about the real Sammi or someone that looks like her?
Old 08-11-2012, 07:21 PM
Safety Car

She did look a bit like her. Mostly just the hair + the borderline too dark skin. She was pretty, just looked a bit like some Jersey mallrat or something. Jersey Shore + Abercrombie & Fitch, Hollister, etc.

That plus she was a bit derp-ish. I recall her trying to get me to buy Casein protein, saying something like "If you don't load up on this before bed, your protein intake will be incomsistent."

Incomsistent. With an M.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:25 PM

Old 08-14-2012, 10:44 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That plus she was a bit derp-ish. I recall her trying to get me to buy Casein protein, saying something like "If you don't load up on this before bed, your protein intake will be incomsistent."

Incomsistent. With an M.
I DIED laughing at all of this . This is why I walk in to gnc, ignore the staff, grab my megamen vitamins, pay and walk out. If you eat decent food you wont need most of the crap in that store

"Incomsistent" lmao
Old 09-11-2012, 11:34 AM
hmmmmmm...oh wait... nvm.

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
anyone one heard of MHP probolic protein or Dymatize isolated whey ? and have you tried them ? any feed back thx.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:17 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Black_Hawk_TL
anyone one heard of MHP probolic protein or Dymatize isolated whey ? and have you tried them ? any feed back thx.
I've heard lots of good things about dymatize protein, especially about the flavors tasting good and it mixing well. Seems to be priced mid-range too. Honestly they are all the same basically (whey protein is just whey protein after all) what matters is how they mix, taste, and what it costs per serving. Now if your buying powder that has other stuff in it as well as protein then you might want to do more research.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:51 PM
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by mcflyguy24
I've heard lots of good things about dymatize protein, especially about the flavors tasting good and it mixing well. Seems to be priced mid-range too. Honestly they are all the same basically (whey protein is just whey protein after all) what matters is how they mix, taste, and what it costs per serving. Now if your buying powder that has other stuff in it as well as protein then you might want to do more research.
I've used a few different brands and just switched from MetRx to Dymatize ISO-100. The Dymatize is my favorite so far. It mixes really well and tastes great (I have chocolate). 25g protein and 0 carbs, it's fat free, gluten free, 0 sugars and lactose free as well.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:12 PM
Drifting

For a re-workout I've been using Jack3d and agree with UNCTYPE-S. Great pump and energy. For me it improves my focus as well. I tried NOexplode and it didn't do much for me.

I just started a new pre-workout drink StarChem Labs Momentum Fruit Punch

For during my workout/post wokout I'm trying StarChem Labs Evolution X7 Fruit Punch. No sugar, caffeine free, 7g Leucine, 2g Citrulline Malate, 2g amino acid peptide

I also just started taking a testosterone enhancer from Controlled Labs called Blue Up.

And to try to burn some extra belly fat I just started taking CLA.

My protein powder of choice is the Dymatize ISO-100. I'll drink 1 scoop for a mid-afternoon meal and on training days a scoop after my workout as well.

I also take creatine monohydrate - the powder not the pills and lastly saw palmeto.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:18 PM

what do you guys think about buying those testosterone pills at GNC or wherever?

Old 09-11-2012, 11:31 PM
Drifting

what do you guys think about buying those testosterone pills at GNC or wherever?

I'll let you know in a month how the testosterone pills work for me. My trainer believes in the all-natural approach so he is big into weighted squats as a natural testosterone producer. On push days he has me do 5 sets of 10 reps on the smith machine. Usually start with 2x45 lb weights plus the 45 lb bar and increase from there. It absolutley kills me and saps all of my energy but I'm told it's the best way to increase testosterone naturally.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:11 AM

ohh i didnt even notice you had one on your list.

let me know if you get some crazy gains like them baseball players
Old 09-12-2012, 07:45 AM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
just wanted to toss in a really good protein shake recipe. i tried it last night and i'm hooked.

1 scoop chocolate whey protein
5-6 ice cubes
6-8 oz of cold water
1 frozen banana
1 tbsp. cinnamon sugar

toss everything in a blender and frappe until it comes out smooth. tastes awesome.
mcflyguy24 (09-13-2012)
Old 09-12-2012, 10:36 PM
Sanest Florida Man

Received 10,112 Likes on 6,104 Posts
Ok I guess I'll jump in here, though I'm hardly ever in this subforum.

I've been working out on and off for over ten years and now since I've moved to my new place, and have my own bowflex and free-weights I've been doing it a lot. I've bulked up to about 185-190lbs (I'm 5'9) with pretty low body fat % though I could def lose some to add definition. Just started doing Insanity, but that's another thread.

I just got a big box from BB.com today and here's what I got

ON Multi-vitamins and ON Fish Oil pills
ON Hydro-builder which is a post workout powder that has 30g of very fast, fast and slow acting protien, along with ton's of AAs, creatine, etc etc.
ON Casien Protein, which is the slow acting protein that I'm going to take before bed.

Also have some whey protein lying around that I've been using.

My schedule should go like this

Morning: 8oz milk and one scoop of whey protein, Multi-vitamin and fish oil
Lunch: vitamin
Post-workout: hydrobuilder and 8oz milk
Dinner: vitamin and fish oil
Night Night: casein and 8oz milk.

I may take some whey pre-workout but probably not. I don't want to get much bigger just more definition.

I use skim free milk with all my powders because it's an extra 8-9grams of protein.

But honestly I've bulked up by just using the stuff at wal-mart Elite series protein. What's good is that by working out at home I can make my protein drink immediately instead of driving home to make it. All this BB stuff is the first time I've used this stuff though I'm a big fan of ON Gold Standard Whey protein.

hydrobuilder
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/op...robuilder.html

Last edited by #1 STUNNA; 09-12-2012 at 10:48 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:54 PM
Sanest Florida Man

actually I think I'm going to go down to two a day on the vitamins and just take with lunch and dinner
Old 09-13-2012, 11:56 AM
Suzuka Master

Sounds like you got yourself a very good stack there Stunna. Hows the casein taste? I've never tried the stuff.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:04 PM
Sanest Florida Man

OMG it's thick! I made it last night with 8oz of milk and one scoop and it was like a frostie! I then check the bottle and it said to mix with 10-12oz, so yeah do that.

It doesn't taste bad but it doesn't taste as good as the whey, it's whatever
Old 09-13-2012, 01:42 PM

What should I take to burn fat faster? I have one of those scales with BI and it says my body fat percentage is way high.

Caffeine pills?