Health & Fitness You're fat. Get skinny…

What do you think about Steroids?

Old 04-19-2004, 09:16 AM
Masshole

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 04-19-2004, 09:24 AM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
In other words what Gav is saying is that you need steriods you lazy sack of shit!

j/k...I don't think its worth it. Just keep lifting and read the shit gav wrote. I do it differently but I am not looking to break any records or enter any contests. being healthy and safe should be first on your list when weight training.
Old 04-19-2004, 09:39 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i dont know how long you have been working out, but it seems that you have just recently started (like within the last year). i can tell you that you have not reached your natural limit of muscle growth. just follow gav's advice and eat correctly (that's key) and watch the muscles grow.
Old 04-19-2004, 10:23 AM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You'll never get as big or as strong natural as 0you can with steroids. That’s a fact. Eventually you’ll reach a plateau and this is where steroids can help.

I'm 22 and have been lifting for 4 years and have never touched the stuff yet. Sometime down the road I’m sure I’ll end up trying them.

A lot of the health risks come from people who abuse or overuse on their cycles. I've known people whom have been using for awhile and they have yet see any major side effects. But then I know people who have used and now do see side effects.

One thing is for sure, if you don't use you won't have to worry about the risks.

So if you go on one cycle for say 6 weeks you'll see great gains and chances are you'll do no long-term damage to your body. However once you come off the cycle and you start losing a lot of the gains who got while being on, you'll want to start your next cycle as quick as possible. It really is unbelievable when you see people returning to the gym after the winter season and they look like a shell of what they were back at the end of last summer. I mean its like night and freaking day. It’s the desire to keep up those gains and continue to do cycle after cycle where you then fall into trouble.

It’s a decision you have to make for yourself.
Old 04-19-2004, 02:22 PM
nothing

my feelings are do what you want, but not to be stupid about it. research it, dont just jump into 1gram of test a week, stacking 6 diffrent aas' and start using as much gear as possible. if youre not a serious lifter and only lift during the spring/summer months to try and get in shape fo da huNNies, dont do it.
and remember these things

1.steroids doesnt make your junk shrink, your balls atrophy though but come back to normal

2.people dont just take them to get to the "next level"

3.go to mesorx.com
Old 04-19-2004, 08:14 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally posted by Bulldog01
Good grief, gavriil! Thanks for sharing all that info.
Hey no prob.
Old 04-19-2004, 08:16 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by ali.ahmed
i dont know how long you have been working out, but it seems that you have just recently started (like within the last year). i can tell you that you have not reached your natural limit of muscle growth. just follow gav's advice and eat correctly (that's key) and watch the muscles grow.
Right.

My point of writing some of the above principles (and there are certainly more - like I did not touch on nutrition at all excluding the anabolic window), was to say: "before you even consider steroids, are you sure you've exhausted all the potential your body has as far as muscle growth?" That was my main point.
Old 04-19-2004, 08:22 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by bryanz3.0cl
2.people dont just take them to get to the "next level"

Are you saying people get them to get to the next level, but there are other (possibly more important) reasons? If yes, what are they?
Old 04-19-2004, 09:32 PM
Go Cubs!!!

Gavriil, on your bench day what do you do...do you do like 5-6 sets of flat bench, then 3-5 on incline, decline and fly's?

BTW, good info.
Old 04-19-2004, 09:35 PM
EVO IX MR

Your muscles don't mature till you are around 30. Go to bodybuilding.com and look at some of the 19, 20 year olds who are juicing and just started lifting. They look retarded, because their frame hasn't even matured yet, and you can tell. They are lazy and looking for the easy way to get big. Rome wasn't built in a day. Pay your dues first. If you are a part time lifter it is not going to accomplish much, unless you are blessed with a mesomrphic or endomorphic body type. I can usually tell about 50% of the time who has done steroids at some point in their life, and I have no respect for them as far as muscle gains. Everything I have gained has all been through hard work, dedication, nutrition, and determination. You cannot go from a living a sedentary video game lifestyle to becoming huge without hard work and time. Lifting weights is not as simple as just going to the gym, as gavriil has pointed out. Lifting is a balance of nutrition, time spent exercising, correct form, having enough sleep, stretching, etc. It is a lifestyle, a whole way of thinking. You can't expect to just do it for 2 or 3 months out of the year and see miraculous results, although time spent in the gym is better than no time spent.
Old 04-19-2004, 09:40 PM
EVO IX MR

Originally posted by gavriil

"before you even consider steroids, are you sure you've exhausted all the potential your body has as far as muscle growth?"
True. You'd be surprised with hard work where you will get, then when you are in your late 20's or so decide. At least let your muscles mature.
Old 04-19-2004, 09:50 PM
EVO IX MR

You must also adapt your training style to what body type you are. This is a brief description I found.

Body Types - Which One are You? The Ectomorph, the Mesomorph, the Endomorph, or a Combination?

We have known for quite some time now in bodybuilding that different body types respond differently to both training and nutrition. As a result, it is incredibly important to be aware of what your body type is so that you can design a training and workout program accordingly. In this article, the history of body types and some interesting pieces of information to help you identify them will be mentioned

The basics of body types are listed below:

The ECTOMORPH
Definitive "Hard Gainer"
Delicate Built Body
Flat Chest
Fragile
Lean
Lightly Muscled
Small Shouldered
Takes Longer to Gain Muscle
Thin

The extreme ectomorph physique is a fragile and delicate one. The bones are light, joints are small and muscles are slight. The limbs are relatively long in proportion and the shoulders droop. The ectomorph is a linear physique. Straight up and straight down, and may appear longer than he or she really is, due to the length of limbs coupled with lack of muscle mass developed on those limbs. The ectomorph is not naturally powerful and will have to work hard for every ounce of muscle and every bit of strength he or she can gain.

Other Ectomorph Traits

The extreme ectomorph may have long fingers, toes and neck are long. A pencil neck you could say. The features of the face are sharp, and the shape of the face is triangular. The lower jaw is somewhat receding. The skin tends to burn easily. Extreme ectomorphs may suffer from extremes of temperature. Due to the great body area in relation to muscle mass, the ectomorph may suffer from great heat, and due to low body fat, the ectomorph may suffer from great cold. The hair is fine and grows quickly and is sometimes difficult to keep in place.

Famous Ectomorphs

Lisa Kudrow, Kate Moss, Brad Pitt, Seth Green, Edward Norton.

The MESOMORPH
Athletic
Hard Body
Hourglass Shaped (Female)
Rectangular Shaped (Male)
Mature Muscle Mass
Muscular Body
Excellent Posture
Gains Muscle Easily
Gains Fat More Easily Than Ectomorphs
Thick Skin

The Mesomorph Body

The mesomorph has well-defined muscles and large bones. The torso tapers to a relatively narrow and low waist. The bones and muscles of the head are prominent. Features of the face are clearly defined, such as cheek bones and a square, heavy jaw. The face is long and broad, and is cubicle in shape. Arms and legs are developed and even the digits of the hand are muscled.

Other Traits of the Mesomorph

The skin of the mesomorph is thick and the mesomorph tans well. The hair is heavy in texture.

Famous Mesomorphs

Bruce Willis, Sylvester Stallone, the majority of Mr. Universe winners.

Endomorph

Soft Body
Underdeveloped Muscles
Round Physique
Weight Loss is Difficult
Gains Muscle Easily Like the Mesomorph.

The ENDOMORPH

The body of the extreme endomorph is round and soft. The physique presents the illusion that much of the mass has been concentrated in the abdominal area. This may or may not be true. The arms and legs of the extreme endomorph are short in length and taper. This may give the appearance of stalkiness. The hands and feet of the endomorph are comparatively small, and the upper arms and thighs are often more developed than the lower parts of the arms or legs. The body has a high waist.

Other Traits of the Endomoprh

The skin is soft and smooth, and the hair is fine. The head of the endomorph is spherical. The head is large and the face broad.

Famous Endomorphs

John Goodman, Roseanne, Jack Black.

Combinations of Body Types

Very often, people cannot be easily classed as one of the three main body types. Although there are some people who are purely ectomorphs, endomorphs, or mesomorphs with little or no characteristics of the other body types, very frequently, people fall into mixed categories, such as ecto mesomorphs, or endo mesomorphs, where largely, they are like the mesomoph, but with traits of the ectomorph (such as small joints or a trim waist), or traits of the endomorph (such as a tendency to gain fat easily).

Endomorph

An Endomorph's biggest concern should be the losing of fat and adopting a lifestyle that keeps it off. Strength training should be done to get a better muscle to fat ratio and therefore improve metabolism. Use moderate weights at a fast training pace (very little rest between sets and exercises). You should lower your calorie intake (but not try to starve yourself) and should eat frequent but small meals. Sugars, sweets and junk food should be eliminated from your diet. Engage daily in some activity like brisk walking, biking, cardio, etc., and try to increase the amount of time you spend each week.

Mesomorph

A Mesomorph has a naturally fit body but to maintain it or improve it they should exercise and diet corretly for their type. Strength training can be done more often and for longer sessions then would be good for an Ectomorph, but you must still be carefull not to overdo it. You should train with moderate to heavy weighs and at a moderate pace, not resting too long between sets. You will find you gain muscle quite easy (some women and even men might not want to get too bulky, but this won't happen suddenly. When you are happy with your muscle size simply train to maintain it). Stick to a good healthy diet to keep you lean and muscular, and watch for any slow creeping fat gains. Engage in and enjoy aerobic activities, sports, etc. but do not overdo.

Ectomorph

Ectomorphs should concentrate on gaining weight in the form of good lean muscle tissue (some women that are too thin may also want to put on a little fat to look more feminine). Weight training should be done but not too often or for too long each session. Weight should be fairly heavy and workout pace slower (longer rest periods between sets). Diet should be high in calories (good quality food not junk) and you should eat more then you're used to and often. Aerobic and other activities (sports, dancing, etc.) should be kept to a minimum, at least until you are happy with your weight and looks.
Old 04-19-2004, 09:54 PM
EVO IX MR

Proper hydration is key as well. Going to the gym dehydrated will not benefit you at all. The first 15 minutes after you are done it the most important as far a ingesting protien. A protien shake is perfect for that task. Your muscles will need something immediately, then you can eat a good sized meal 1-1 1/2 hours later and be fine. There is no substitute for proper nutrition/hydration, proper form and hard work. Good luck.
Old 04-19-2004, 10:01 PM
nothing

Originally posted by gavriil
Are you saying people get them to get to the next level, but there are other (possibly more important) reasons? If yes, what are they?
what level are you talking about, professional? or what inexperienced people think where aas will take them. (im not mocking you i was just unclear as to what you were saying).

2003types- i agree with everything you said about the training lifestyle, BUT 99% of the people who do use aas work 2x as hard as people who dont. however there are those few who take it just so they think they will look good, end up not lifting, and end up getting fat. and most of them dont realy belong in the gym in the first place. but when you are on, you cant just train normal and hope to get big, you have to train longer, more intense, and you are able to recover much quicker to get in the gym again. why do you think all the top pros use them. they dont just sit around watch tv and take some shots. obviously it gets them much bigger than the natural guys, but they are also training their asses off.

i personally dont care what people put in their body, but to say people who take a-s dont diserve any respect is plain stupid imho. tell ronnie coleman hes lazy and doesnt deserve his 6 titles. BUT i will tell the guy who is abusing the stuff he is an idiot and needs to learn about what hes taking. and btw i dont condone the use of any type of drugs.
Old 04-19-2004, 10:35 PM
Cruisin'

i say go for it. i know this guy that works at a pharmacy and can get u some needles
Old 04-19-2004, 10:37 PM
Cruisin'

Originally posted by dallison
too bad steroids makes your shlong smaller.
they will shrink your testicles
Old 04-19-2004, 10:43 PM
Beware of leakage

Originally posted by 3.2cl-s
too bad my shlong isn't a muscle..
ah but it is:wackit:
Old 04-20-2004, 08:38 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by 3.2cl-s
Gavriil, on your bench day what do you do...do you do like 5-6 sets of flat bench, then 3-5 on incline, decline and fly's?

BTW, good info.

Yes.

Including warmup, acclimation and MO sets, I start with 6 sets of flat, then do 4 of decline, then 3-4 incline then 3 sets of flys.

After 8-10 weeks I change the order.
Old 04-20-2004, 08:40 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by 2003type-s6
Lifting weights is not as simple as just going to the gym, as gavriil has pointed out. Lifting is a balance of nutrition, time spent exercising, correct form, having enough sleep, stretching, etc. It is a lifestyle, a whole way of thinking.
Yeap.
Old 04-20-2004, 08:44 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by 2003type-s6
Proper hydration is key as well. Going to the gym dehydrated will not benefit you at all. The first 15 minutes after you are done it the most important as far a ingesting protien. A protien shake is perfect for that task. Your muscles will need something immediately, then you can eat a good sized meal 1-1 1/2 hours later and be fine. There is no substitute for proper nutrition/hydration, proper form and hard work. Good luck.

Absolutely.

Drinking a lot of water is actually a good thing no matter if you work out or not. I have a bottle of water with me next to the couch at all times and a substitute in the fridge so that when I am done with one, I refill and exchange with the other.

Before I go to the gym, I drink as much water as I can without forcing myself to the point where it feels uncomfortable. When I am there, during every other break between sets, I go to the fountain and have 4-8 sips. You dont have to feel thirsty to need water. When you feel thirsty, dehidration has already started.

Remeber! Your muscles are 75% water!
Old 04-20-2004, 08:45 AM
Moderator Alumnus

what level are you talking about, professional? or what inexperienced people think where aas will take them. (im not mocking you i was just unclear as to what you were saying).

Yes, let's say to the...professional level and beyond.
Old 04-20-2004, 08:54 AM
Moderator Alumnus

2003types- i agree with everything you said about the training lifestyle, BUT 99% of the people who do use aas work 2x as hard as people who dont. however there are those few who take it just so they think they will look good, end up not lifting, and end up getting fat. and most of them dont realy belong in the gym in the first place. but when you are on, you cant just train normal and hope to get big, you have to train longer, more intense, and you are able to recover much quicker to get in the gym again. why do you think all the top pros use them. they dont just sit around watch tv and take some shots. obviously it gets them much bigger than the natural guys, but they are also training their asses off.

Two points here:

1. Millions of people say: I am fat, I better go to the gym to lose weight. Most of them go and do cardio 100% Bad! Why? Simple.

Principle: The more muslce one has, the more energy/calories they burn no matter what they do.

Even when you breath, you exurt more energy when your abdominals and obliques are larger. Think about it. You walk. There are many, many muscles involed in walking. If they are bigger, they need more fuel, more calories are burned. WHere am I going with this.

If I wanted to lose weight and I am untrained, first I do a program that is 90% muscle growth intesive and 10% cardio (if that) for at least a year. This might actually cause me to GAIN weight. No worries. Then slowly lower the muscle growth percentage and add to the cardio but keep cardio sessions to different days (how to do cardio sessions is another whole discussion which I think most people do wrong). But never reach more than 40% muscle growth and 60% cardio, in general terms (different people have different needs).

Bottom line, you have to targer muscle growth training no matter if your goal is all about losing weight! Very, very few people get this point, even after all this money, time and energy people spend at the gym.

Second point:

About recovery at the end of your paragraph:

Recovery is important as we all agree upon. Muscles are rebuild larger and stronger when you are not training. But two things I learned that make a difference are:

1. Different muscles take different amounts of time to recover! Very important. Example: The biceps are the fastest recovery muscles. About 20 hours. The lower back muscles are the slowest. About 100 hours! That's 4 days damn it!

BUT!

2. Trained muscles recover FASTER than untrained muscles!
Old 07-23-2004, 05:20 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by gavriil
Number 9. Another short one.

Before we start lifting it's important we stretched. But not everything. That would take for ever and distroy your anabolic window principle above. I target the muscles that I wil be working out and secondarily the synergist muscles. The helper muscles.

So if it's chest day and I am ready to do bench pressing, I target the chest, the triceps and the shoulders. That's it. It takes 4 minutes.

Now why stretching. Let me be clear. There is no study that backs up the myth that stretching prevents injuries. There's none. I stretch for the facts we know about stretching. And those are, because:

1. It enhances my lifting. Stretching makes more muscle fibers get involved in the process of lifting later. And that's a good thing. You add muscle faster when you involve more fibers during your MO sets.

2. Stretching has long term durability and reliability effects on joints, tendons, etc. It's not all about muscles. When you grow, many things grow.

But, here is the problem. Some studies have found that if you strech the hell out of a muscle, for some muscles it takes up to an hour for them to recover (that is, be fully prepared for those important MO sets). So what do you do to balance this? I do a light stretching before the excersise and a full stretch after. It takes a little bit more time, but it's worth it.

Now how to stretch is the other thing that most people do wrong.

I see people, they stretch their muscles for like...what...4 seconds. That did not do anything. I see other people, they are almost screaming in pain while stretching. That's actually breaking things more than anything. You could get an injury from over stretching. More is not better again.

To fully stretch a muscle you have to keep it stretched for minimum 20 seconds, up to 45 seconds. And the bigger the muscle the longer it takes to stretch. Also, you stretch to MINOR DISCOMFORT. Not where is hurts like a bitch. That's stretching for injuries not for good. Though, CONSTANT dicomfort is key as well. That's because your muscle is actually...stretching as you're holding your...lim for example in the...appropriate stretch position. I feel my muscle stretch and the discomofrot goes away after a few seconds, now you pusch your lim a little more till you feel it again. 20-45 seconds later, you're done. Next muscle. It's also important to keep breathing normaly duirng stretching. Finally, if you try and conentrate to relax that muscle while you are stretching it, you will see that it will stretch even more.

Note: There are 3 main types of stretching. The one I and most use is the static stretch method. You stretch a muscle and you hold it there for 20-45 seconds. No bouncing, etc.

Update:

Latest studies show that stretching actually impairs muscles that will be used to their 100% power and/or strength shortly afterwards.

So in other words, dont stretch if you will be doing a 100% all out training of any muslce in the next 10 hours (some muscles take 10 hours to recover from stretching).

I cant believe we did not know of this before. Imagine, all these athletes that have been taught to stretch before, let's say...their javalin throw. I mean, they were shooting themselves on the foot doing it. They would have thrown that thing further away, had they not stretched! Same for long jump, high jump, anything that requires a 100% all out muscle activity!

So, for those that go to the gym to lift weights, stretch after you're done, or stretch muscles you will not be working on that particular day.
Old 07-23-2004, 07:54 PM
nothing

thats been floating around for awhile, the only stretching i ever do/have done is warming up the muscle im going to use for the lift.
Old 07-24-2004, 07:53 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by bryanz3.0cl
thats been floating around for awhile, the only stretching i ever do/have done is warming up the muscle im going to use for the lift.
But that's the point. That stretching before (overload) lifting is not recommended any more. If you're gonna go 100% in a 4-6 rep set, do not stretch before the lift.
Old 07-24-2004, 08:05 PM
Pit Stop?

Gavrill out of Auto News.........

<----Endomorph
Old 07-25-2004, 12:32 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by Minch00
Gavrill out of Auto News.........

<----Endomorph

Rare but it happens.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:36 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Update:

Dead lifts and squats on free weights in the cage added during the past 8 months. Smith press abandonded. Now I know it was a waste of time compared to the free weights for squats.

Deadlifts made me feel stronger than ever. Huge difference.

ALso, starting to add cleans with free weights as of next week to add to explosiveness. Need it for Vball time.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:39 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by 2003type-s6
LOSE form is proper form. This is more complicated than it sounds though.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:43 AM
Go Cubs!!!

Back from the dead.........

Update myself too, I never got on steroids but have still been going to the gym and even used some tips that you gave!
Old 02-23-2005, 12:50 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by 3.2cl-s

Update myself too, I never got on steroids but have still been going to the gym and even used some tips that you gave!

Which tips and what happened?
Old 02-23-2005, 12:52 AM
Beware of leakage

Glad to see all of Gab's typing paid off

Man, that was a ton of info
Old 02-23-2005, 12:54 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by Chopper
Glad to see all of Gab's typing paid off

Man, that was a ton of info
Nah, that's just 101.

Old 02-23-2005, 12:56 AM
Beware of leakage

Originally Posted by gavriil
Nah, that's just 101.

wow, I'll be sure to get a seat in the 200 level course also professor
Old 02-23-2005, 12:59 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Also added Creatine during the past 8 months but take it in like: on three days, off four days. No maintenance period. When on, I take it on a loading basis (meaning 2.5 times the maintenance method). Made a difference. Just make sure you drink a ton of water when taking it.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:01 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by Chopper
wow, I'll be sure to get a seat in the 200 level course also professor
Nah. Not even close to being a professor.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:15 AM
Drifting

I have had personal issues with roids.
Don't do it. In non-related issues, I am 28 now and have some side affects like scarring on my back and pre-mature balding.
It's not worth it. Your friends may be living it up but they will feel the side effects when they are still young.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:26 AM
Revelation 3:15-17

well i dont plan on making money off of it obviously, just kind of curious of some stories.....even if i did do it, it wouldn't be a long term thing, more like a summer thing, well march through september at least (when its hot)
...And the reason is?
Why would you like to get BIG through steroid usage and then loose what you've
gained in 1 month? Everyone you know is going to know you were Roids once they see how BIG you got in a short period of time and then how easily you loose everything once you stop. There are many risks involved and long term damage.
In addition, its most likely that you will get addicted to it and before you know it you will be shooting up in public right in the side of the neck.
Old 02-23-2005, 11:24 PM
Go Cubs!!!

Umm..this post is almost a year old and if you read the last page I said I didn't do steroids..

Gavrill~ this tip

OK let's talk reps and sets.

Principle number one Between 4-6

Muscles grow because there is a reason. You've got to push a muscle for it to grow. Nothing new here.

Studies have shown that the most efficient way for a muscle to grow is between 4 and 6 reps. If you can do more than 6 reps, raise the weight, if you can do less than 4, lower the weight.

Now let's talk sets and reps so that this makes sense.

There are 3 kinds of sets:

1. Warmup sets
2. Acclimation Sets
3. Overload sets

The 4-6 rep principle above is the overload set. But here is the mistake most people make at the gym:

They go and reach muscle overload at pretty much every set they do. You cant imagine how much difference this makes. Doing it right that is. What's right?

Warmup sets and Acclimation Sets are there to prevent you from injury and prepare the muscles and joints, etc for the overload sets. What does that mean?

Example:

Let's say you do chest and you start with bench press. A key word here is "start".

Let's assume your max bench press in poundage is 200 pounds and 5 reps. Let's call that maximum overload. MO.

Set 1: Warmup set 12 reps of 40% of MO (I will use % instead of pounds)

Set 2: Warmup set 12 reps of 45% of MO

Notice we are nowhere near muscle exhaustion or fatigue.

Set 3: you could have a 3rd warm up set here because this is your first chest exercise, or go into the first acclimation set.

Set 3 or 4: First Acclimation set. 3-4 reps of 65% of MO

Acclimation sets are there because research has found that upping the weight slowly to reach MO, minimizes the chance of injury. By a TON! Plus it helps the muscle to lift more weight during the MO sets.

People go and start reaching MO at this point and do 8 or more reps and they still have 3 more sets to go. Big mistake. You still gain muscle this way, but that's not the fastest way to add muscle.

Set 4 or 5: Second acclimation set: 1-3 reps of 85% of MO Yes 1 rep. That's all you need. Stay away from feeling overload.

Now it's time to add some muscle. All this work has ben done to reach the 2 final sets which will be the ONLY sets that will add muscle. The Overload sets. So 2 sets of 4-6 reps at 100% of MO. No matter what the weight is, reps is what counts. That's where you build muscle.

Note that muscle fatigue is bad. Fatiguing the muscle does not add muscle, it only fatigues the muscle and that's all. Same with muscle burn. Muscle burn is a result of too many reps usually and it happens because of lactic acid accumulating around the muscle area as a disposal from chemical reactions within the muscle. The key to the most efficient and quick way to add muscle, as far as sets and reps go, is muscle OVERLOAD and INTENSITY. Everything else is a waste of your time and pain with no gain.

No, when you go to the second chest excersice, you do not have to do warmup sets again. Going right into the acclimation sets is fine. Sometimes doind one acclimation set and 2 overload sets is enough. Hence my statement about the word "start" above.

Principle two on the way...
and actually after reading it all again, I think i wasn't completely following it correctly........sweet now I have something more to look foward to when going to the gym, maybe gain more muscle.
Old 02-23-2005, 11:45 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
"What do you think about Steroids? What do you think about Steroids? "

I think Barry should stop taking them and then lets see (a) if he can still hit those low and away pitches over the right field fence, and (b) how long he can wait on a fastball.

Quick Reply: What do you think about Steroids?