Health & Fitness You're fat. Get skinny…

What do you eat for Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks and Dinner?

Old 08-17-2010 | 10:07 PM

What do you eat for Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks and Dinner?

So I've been eating less calories and been really watching what I eat. It's really working because I don't "feel" overweight and the scale shows too.

What do you guys have for breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner?

In the morning I usually have a slimfast shake or fruits. I heard fruits are very effective in the morning because of the sugar in them.

At lunch my options have been making a sand which with spinach and ham. If I'm on the go, I would stop by a subway and order their salad (turkey and ham).

For snacks I only eat slimfast snack bar or vegetables (ie celery, carrots)

Dinner is usually VERY tricky because I usually would eat my parent's meal. At dinner I try to limit myself to 500 calories but it's hard to judge a portion of 500 calories. I would usually eat two small bistro bowls of rice (with meat and vegetables) and call it a night. But I just tried something at subway that is very effective. I ordered a 6 inch chicken breast with turkey/ham salad. The total calorie is less than 500. But I'll tell ya, I got FULL. It was a pretty big portion for less than 500 calories.
Old 06-29-2011 | 05:23 PM
Safety Car

My goal is to maintain muscle mass while losing body fat, of course, so I eat to maintain my mass as much as I can.

Breakfast: a whey protein shake with eggs (limiting yolk but need some for the amino acids intake), oatmeal with cinnamon, or cereal. I'll take my mulitivitamins and fish oil at this time as well.

Pre workout lifting: a scoop of whey protein, creatine, bcaa, and either noxplode or jack3d.
During workout: water

Lunch: along with the post shake, I'll usually have sticky rice with some vegetables and a little protein like fish, eggs leftover from made the same morning, chicken, or small beef.

3pm'ish: maybe yogurt, sliced fresh fruit, nuts, protein shake

Dinner: mostly fish or chicken breast and either brown or white rice. A little steamed or fresh vegetables and water.

Before bed: yogurt, casein shake and maybe half a fruit...apple or a whole banana.

I drink water all day too around a gallon a day. I always carry a gallon wherever I go. People think I'm nuts.
Old 07-12-2011 | 10:38 AM
Three Wheelin'

I've been eating the bulk of my calories in the morning and tapering off throughout the day. It's been paying off for me, although I'm not "over weight" and most people think I'm crazy for wanting to lose a few lbs.

I usually have a breakfast burrito in the mornings - whole grain tortilla, pepper jack cheese, either bacon or sausage (pork, the REAL stuff), and egg whites w/ diced jalopenos tossed in.

Lunch I typically have yogurt and fruit, sometimes a grilled chicken salad or half of a sandwich of some sort.

Snacks are usually almonds, raisins, maybe fruit.

Dinner is whatever I make for my family - not necessarily focused on being healthy - but I only serve myself small portions and eat slowly so I can easily notice when I'm full. And I never eat after dinner.
Old 07-12-2011 | 12:05 PM
registered pw

Lets see,

6 am a bowl of cereal

8:30-9 am either an english muffin, banana, oatmeal, pastry of some sort, and orange juice

sometimes i'll snack @ 10-10:30 on pretzels, fig newtons, prunes, chunky no sugar applesauce, crackers, salted cashews or something similar.

11:30 lunch This will always vary. If i am going to run later after work, i'll eat a larger lunch. Sometimes it's leftovers or a healthy choice or marie calandars tv dinner.

Around 2pm i get hungry again and snack.
around 4 pm the same thing happens.

If i eat a heavier lunch i'll have a bowl of cereal after a run or somewhere around 6 pm
But dinner can consist of almost anything.

Around 8-8:30 i'll have another snack. Something like homemade pie or ice cream. Sometimes i'll have oreos and milk or popcorn.

I drink mostly water thoughout the day or self made coolaid. I don't drink much soda.

My cholesterol is low and i am 135-140 lb @ 6'.

I do run 15-20 miles most weeks and also bike ride. At 36 i am lucky to be able to eat so many times each day.
Old 07-12-2011 | 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by dallison
I do run 15-20 miles most weeks and also bike ride. At 36 i am lucky to be able to eat so many times each day.
You are VERY lucky and seem to be VERY healthy at that age