AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   Health & Fitness (https://acurazine.com/forums/health-fitness-34/)
-   -   Tennis Elbow (https://acurazine.com/forums/health-fitness-34/tennis-elbow-963076/)

brian2 10-02-2017 08:45 AM

Tennis Elbow

Very frustrating. Anyone ever deal with this?

I have no idea how I got it. It started hurting 3 weeks ago. I kept working out because none of the movements I do would hurt while exercising, but it would seem to be more sore the next day, so a week ago I decided I should just stop everything and rest it. Yesterday, I felt like I was making some progress. I could only feel it slightly, then I woke up this morning and it's really sore again. :wtf: I ordered one of those braces this morning. I start to get antsy when I haven't worked out in a while, so I may just try to power through it with the brace on and see what happens.

Advice?

justnspace 10-02-2017 08:54 AM

you might want to look into some exercise stretch/resistance bands. and then look up some physical therapy exercises that you can do

97BlackAckCL 10-02-2017 10:00 AM

Too much :jack:ing

thoiboi 10-02-2017 10:01 AM

are you on a computer all day? left or right?

brian2 10-02-2017 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL (Post 16105456)
Too much :jack:ing

I would say so if the frequency had changed or something... but I'm at roughly the same 3x a day since I was 13

brian2 10-02-2017 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by thoiboi (Post 16105459)
are you on a computer all day? left or right?

it's on and off depending on what I'm involved with...
mouse hand....

thoiboi 10-02-2017 10:05 AM

i started having issues with mouse hand as well and noticed it was due to bad posture and not ergonomic position of body. It may fix your issue too :shrug:

if all else fails, maybe up the :jack: frequency or switch hands. what doesn't kill you or something right..?

justnspace 10-02-2017 10:06 AM

i had to buy an ergonomic mouse from the brand "Anker". it was only $15 and seems to alleviate my tennis elbow/carpal tunnel in my mouse hand. I also do PT rotator cuff exercises with resistance bands

brian2 10-02-2017 10:08 AM

I had carpal tunnel years back and found that lowering my chair way down solved that

Costco 10-02-2017 10:14 AM

Got something like this and it eliminated basically all elbow and wrist problems. Staying away from the jury body thread helped too

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...ea31f855a.jpeg

thoiboi 10-02-2017 10:17 AM

mother fucker... now my tennis elbow is acting up :annoyed:

brian2 10-02-2017 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Costco (Post 16105481)
Got something like this and it eliminated basically all elbow and wrist problems. Staying away from the jury body thread helped too

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...ea31f855a.jpeg

lol... that thing is ridiculous
lowered my chair, so my arm goes just about straight out and my elbow and forearm rest on my desk took care of the problem last time. I've never had elbow pain in the past.

brian2 10-06-2017 07:27 AM

update: I ordered one of these
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...8ddf1ec0a3.jpg
looked like bs to me, but after reading the reviews I thought I'd give it a shot. It got rid of all the soreness in the muscle, but the pain in the joint is persisting.

I worked out a little yesterday and didn't have any issues and no soreness today (no biceps except for moving weights around though)

I think I'm going to get a brace and try to power through.
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...af76006175.jpg

justnspace 10-06-2017 07:36 AM

look into specific physical therapy exercises that help resolve tennis elbow

brian2 10-31-2017 06:52 AM

no progress... so I got a shot in my elbow. Feels great!

justnspace 10-31-2017 09:05 AM

cortisone shot?

brian2 10-31-2017 09:29 AM

yeah

brian2 11-09-2017 01:18 PM

rested it a week after the shot.

did pushups first day... elbow felt hot (if that makes sense) after, but no pain or soreness
then I did a full workout after a skip day... elbow felt hot again after, no pain or soreness (iced it down after), and it was clicking like a mother-fucker. Hopefully that's not a bad sign of things to come.

JMS71585 11-09-2017 01:38 PM

I have been dealing with something similar to you. Hurt my elbow/tricep doing too much tricep work and subsequently trying to "power through". Thought it was muscle pain but i wound up giving my self tendinitis in my elbow/tricep. Rest didnt't help. I went to some physical therapy that helped big time. Did a lot of eccentric tricep movements or negative reps with that one side. Did that 3x a week with overhead tricep stretching and a heating pad. Finally saw sustained results.My elbow has been clicking a shit ton too, but no pain comes from it though. Physical therapy might help ya out.

fsttyms1 11-10-2017 09:49 PM

I have it in both elbows. I have done cortisone injections, exercises/stretches, and it eventually comes back, usually depending on the amount of use/abuse they undergo. Typically winter brings it out the most with shoveling snow. Long term, What has worked the best for me is the Tommy Copper compression elbow sleeve.

brian2 02-04-2018 09:52 AM

aaaaand, fucked again. On my first full workout since the injection. I had to stop because of the pain. I have just been doing squats, pull-ups, push-ups, and a little light weight training to this point. This is frustrating as hell. I guess I'm going to have to find another way to stay healthy.

brian2 02-27-2018 07:00 AM

Got another shot and an appointment for an MRI :whyme:

Mizouse 07-06-2018 02:39 PM

Late post but one underlying cause I've read regarding tennis elbow could be tight triceps. Try foam rolling or using a lacrosse ball to roll out any knotted up tricep muscles.

once in a while I'll get pain around my elbows after a heavy day of benching or doing tricep work.

getting out the knots helped significantly reduce or relieve any pain I had :shrug:

also if I don't roll them out I'll get pain too probably from accumulated tension over time :dunno:

brian2 07-06-2018 04:42 PM

I got the second shot and the MRI..... the fix is to go in there and clean out the inflamed tissue. It doesn't sound like a big deal, but I'm not a fan of elective surgery, and I don't feel like you can get an honest answer from these surgeons who just want to cut you open it seems.

The shot worked, but the pain came back in a different area. If you could imagine making a fist and then trying to straighten your arm out, I would get intense pain a couple inches down from the elbow towards the hand. Now, it's almost the opposite. Curling motions create the pain, and the pain is at the elbow. I'm thinking it's one side of the ligament vs. the other. The good thing is this pain hasn't limited me in my workout nearly as much as the last one.... basically, just can't do curls. The plan is to deal with it for a while and reevaluate in a couple months. The sitting around for weeks to let it rest after treatments is a real killer and depressing as hell. I'm just happy to be able to get somewhat of a workout in, so I'm going to enjoy it for a while. Getting old sucks.

brian2 09-04-2018 10:03 AM

in fair shape now... I can workout as long as it's not curls. I can press/etc as long as I don't push all the way out or come all the way in (that's where the pain is)... it's probably around 90-95% of my normal movement when doing a press. I keep the weight at something comfortable.

Been doing PT for like a month... it's worked pretty well (I wish I had tried this from day 1 rather than take the cortisone shot). The general pain at the tear is pretty good. What lingers is this loss of mobility in the elbow at the extremes that came after the second shot.

Anyway, there's 2 weeks or so remaining on my prescription for the PT, so I'm going to see it through. After that I have to find a new doctor because I switched insurance a couple weeks ago, and he is not in the plan now. Joy.