Health & Fitness You're fat. Get skinny…

Tendonitis?

Old 10-26-2010 | 04:20 PM
Team Owner

Tendonitis?

Something has recentely creeped up thats .

Been pushing hard in the gym since June or July, and just within the past couple of weeks, I've been noticing a pain in my forearm that's hard to ignore.

It's a fairly strong, and it centers I'd say about 3-4 inches below my wrists along the ulna (bone on the inner side when palms are facing up). I notice it most when doing exercises like preacher curls. The pain doesn't feel like a muscle, but almost feels like the bone itself. I don't think it's actually the bone, but since it's not a pain reminiscent of a muscle, I'm thinking maybe it's a tendon?

Any thoughts?
Old 10-26-2010 | 04:50 PM
Fearless DIY Guy

When I first started lifting, I had the very same pain...BADLY. For whatever reason, though, there were only specific exercised that would cause flare-ups...the damn preacher bench!

...so I dropped the preacher bench for some time and stuck to free weights ONLY. No benches, or machines. Went back a few months later to discover 0 issues.

Try some alternative exercises and go back to the preacher bench and see where you stand. Maybe it's just a weak point on your body?

This what what I did, I wish you luck and a successful resolution of the issue!