AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   Health & Fitness (https://acurazine.com/forums/health-fitness-34/)
-   -   Stress Fracture in foot (https://acurazine.com/forums/health-fitness-34/stress-fracture-foot-920763/)

Doom878 11-04-2014 02:10 PM

Stress Fracture in foot

Foot was a little tender on Friday. Trick or treating with the kids didn't help. Hurt like hell Saturday. Felt better Sunday. Hurt like hell Monday and left work early. Xray today stress fracture that was like 2 weeks to a month old. I haven't played soccer in over a month, don't do boot camp, only really squat, deadlift, lunge and not even jog/bike. I think legs from last Tuesday may have affected it but it didn't hurt at all till Friday morning. Really strange. I got a soft cast and special sandal. :whyme:

justnspace 11-04-2014 02:21 PM

im over here wondering how you did that!?:rofl:

get better soon!

Doom878 11-05-2014 07:43 AM

Thanks! Yeah man wish I knew. I'm not light. I'm 5'8-5'9 210 but not really fat. Very stocky but not on juice or anything. I'm sure that doesn't help my feet but my Xray showed my feet bones are perfect except for that. I gotta get rid of my old gym shoes I guess and wear flip flops less. At least winter's here.

Foot up on the couch and coffee table playing video games and watching TV for a day and a half helped. However my soft cast got wet last night even with double bagging the foot so I'm just wearing the special sandal they gave me and taking 800MG ibu as per the doc. It already feels better but I'm at work today so let's see how that holds up.

1black_seven 11-05-2014 11:58 PM

High impact. Do you jog at all? Running seems to be the most common cause for the onset of stress changes which lead to fractures. Bad form coupled with low calcium in your diet can contribute to being prone to more bone stress.
Would recommend staying off your feet and buying some calcium + vitamin D supplements.

Source: Worked under the 59th Medical Wing and saw a thousand trainees a month that developed stress fractures in boot camp.

Doom878 11-06-2014 07:04 AM

I'm not a jogger at all because I don't want to wear out my knees, feet, etc. Haven't done a boot camp/crossfit type workout in like 6 months. And actually I take regularly 4000IU of D3 Monday-Friday, a multivitamin, Vitamin C, and Fish Oil. I never get sick, have perfect blood pressure, well under 200 cholesterol, and a great sex drive so I think I'm properly supplemented. :D

Doom878 11-20-2014 11:57 AM

FYI foot has felt good since. Two weeks from the day of diagnosis I was deadlifting again with no pain to report.

Acura_Dude 11-20-2014 07:31 PM

Good deal. just take it easy.:thumbsup:

Doom878 11-21-2014 01:49 PM

Thanks!

justnspace 11-21-2014 01:52 PM

lol dude, im still wondering how you did that..

Doom878 11-21-2014 01:56 PM

I can only think I broke it a while back. Irritated it from the leg routine 4 days earlier. I have been more mindful how I walk and stand. My friend who's a chiro told me one leg is big time longer than another so I'm sure that doesn't help. I used to do a lot of plyometrics, jumping, etc but I've been strictly weights since like February.

justnspace 11-21-2014 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Doom878 (Post 15244548)
but I've been strictly weights since like February.

damn! you must be getting SWOLE!

I remember you had started a thread about diet and showed pictures, maybe that was around feb.

Update it!!

Lets see those guns!!

Doom878 11-21-2014 02:38 PM

Not the best pic. With my gf (center) and her friend.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8606/...64508883a6.jpg

justnspace 11-21-2014 02:42 PM

your arm is bigger than my thigh. :rofl:

Doom878 11-24-2014 07:32 AM

:rofl:

justnspace 11-24-2014 04:58 PM

Now I know how you got that stress fracture. :rofl:

Luggin' those things around must get heavy once in a while

Doom878 11-25-2014 07:48 AM

:rofl: Yeah weighing this much is probably not good for my feet. I honestly rarely feel pain in them. After the holidays I'm going to have to crack down on my diet more. Lately with Halloween, Thanksgiving, girlfriend cooking I've fallen off a little.

Rapture 12-13-2014 04:34 PM

See, this is what happens when you don't skip leg days like you're supposed to! :tomato:

Hopefully I'm not coming up on something like this as well. I've been having some mild pain in my left foot right on the arch close to the heel. I've been thinking about getting one of those toner-whatever balls you roll around under your foot. Supposed to really loosen and stretch the tendons quite well.

Doom878 12-15-2014 07:12 AM

:rofl: Is it twisted that I love leg day? :snicker:

Let me know how that works out? Surprisingly over the weekend we Xmas shopped both days and my feet felt fine. I was surprised because Saturday I had these Nikes on that weren't the most comfy and fit tight and yesterday I had on dress shoes. I think in the last few weeks I've leaned a little, maybe 5 pounds, and that seems to help.

Rapture 01-05-2015 10:18 PM

Err.. meant to give and update sooner..

:shrug: I have no idea what was going on, but it went away completely. I think maybe I pulled it a bit one day and got worse what with my job and all (frequent standing, mostly) Oddly enough it actually did get better with exercise. Squats and lunges actually helped ease the pain... for some reason.

I'm kind of wondering if it could be my gym shoes. I have trainer shoes that have extra support on the arch + heel.... which was pretty much where the pain was. I tried to self-diagnose and the closest I could get was some sort of tendon tear that usually women get when they wear heels... So I dunno. :scratch: as long as it's gone, I'm good.

Doom878 01-06-2015 06:50 AM

Feet are weird man. Pain comes and goes with them. I can only suggest Advil.

And it's funny you bumped now. Now my side has a strain like under my ribs. I think it was from some leg press I was doing but that was a week ago. Became uncomfortable yesterday. I went to hit chest and I had to scale back a little. Definitely could not do situps nor row machine after. Sucks getting old.