Health & Fitness You're fat. Get skinny…

Eczema?

Old 01-20-2015, 05:35 AM
Evil Mazda Driver

Received 174 Likes on 89 Posts
Eczema?

Anybody else cursed with this awful condition?

I never had this problem until I was 17 or so and every year it gets slightly worse in some places while vanishing from others. My hands have been the worst this past year including a two inch long patch on my left palm that is really putting up a fight even against some heavy-duty ointments. Most of what I get is pretty easily defeated by over the counter moisturizers but this left hand business is out of control but once it's defeated, I'd like to try some natural remedies if anybody has them.

Slightly off-topic: The crazy part is that I give the eczema to the leather steering wheel in my car. Everybody else's leather wheels get shiny as they get worn but mine stay mostly matte and then after a year or so, it oozes profusely (the same way very dry skin does) when it get hot in the summer and the dye comes off in giant swaths, usually on the top and left sides where they're exposed to sunlight. Within two years, the leather is totally ruined and cannot be rehabilitated. Thankfully the wheel in my Elantra is black so it's hard to notice but it took me almost ten years to figure this out. I'm guessing my skin naturally doesn't contain any oils and so the leather dries out and begins cracking. I'll replace the wheel in my car once more and see if keeping my hands moisturized helps save it but I'm not too hopeful.
Old 01-20-2015, 06:42 AM
Go Giants

Received 1,231 Likes on 821 Posts
Old 01-20-2015, 11:30 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
Get some lotion gloves. Use petroleum jelly or better yet, castor oil. Covers your hands with it and then put on the gloves when going to bed. Should remedy your condition, I dealt with Eczema as a child for a while and now I don't have it at all.
Old 01-20-2015, 11:32 AM
Safety Car

Received 833 Likes on 581 Posts
Hydrocortisone every night.
Petroleum jelly during the day

-Advise from a real life Doc