Health & Fitness You're fat. Get skinny…

?s

Old 08-18-2005, 10:44 PM
COME AT ME BRO!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Question ?s

Today was the first day i did decline bench with dumbells and im not sure if i am doing it correctly. Maybe you guys can help me. I watched that video that IS300 posted about chest workouts and when im doing them i keep my chest pust out and try to squeeze them out rather than push. But here in lies my ? when you lift the dumbells up where should the be over? when doing my sets the seem to be over the tops of my pecks or a little lower towards my mid section. Is that the proper area or should they but up towards the top of my pecks and neck area?
Also today i took your advice Abreece and worked out hard for an hour and i cant really lift my arms any more. Today was also a first for working my delts and man are they beat!! also i have another question. Is there a good book that any of you know of the give you pictures of workouts and step by step instructions? i check out that link that some one post on here but the images on some were not you clear. i just want to say thanx for all of you helping out a
Old 08-18-2005, 10:49 PM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts
I think others could answer this better than me, but here's what I do. Mine align as if i were to draw a line through my nipples, and the dumbbells lie in that plane.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:36 AM
Not Asian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When doing the decline, you should be pushing up at the bottom of your pecs. Then the opposite goes for incline, where as flat bench is right in the middle.

You should look into subsribing to Men's Health.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:11 AM
Yeehaw

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts
^ right, they should be coming together over your lower pecs, or stomach depending on the degree of the decline.

fuck mens health, just buy arnolds encyclopedia of bodybuilding.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:36 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by BEETROOT
Old 08-19-2005, 11:44 AM
fdl
Senior Moderator

decline bench is akward at first.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:56 AM

My parents have that, from the 80's. I started looking through it when I was 14.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:10 PM
I shoot people

Received 3,049 Likes on 1,480 Posts
to make things less complicated, just visualize the following things all aligned in an imaginary plain (and this can be applied to any angle, decline, incline or flat bench... dumbbells or barbell): your shoulder joints, elbow joints, wrist (which would mean the weight as well)... does that make any sense? You may have to have a friend observe...

...I've noticed that most people when bench pressing, they bring the bar down to their lower chest or even upper ribs... which is fine, even Milos said it's all relative to what part of the chest you're trying to target. But personally, I don't feel it as much with that form.... there's something I do that's "old school" and I don't recommend this to people with shoulder issues... but it's call the "guillotine". You can NOT go as heavy! So start off light... anyway, on a flat bench, with a bar bell... bring the bar down to your neck!!! WITH YOUR ELBOWS directly underneath the bar... which means you have to "open" up... turning your elbows out... talk about a pump!!! your chest will feel like their on fire!!! This will give you that "two slabs of meat" look on your clavicle...
Old 08-19-2005, 12:29 PM
Yeehaw

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by youngTL
My parents have that, from the 80's. I started looking through it when I was 14.

Theres a newer version with a lot of updates. Came out in 98 I think. I don't know if the updates make it worth rebuying it for though.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:39 PM

Theres a newer version with a lot of updates. Came out in 98 I think. I don't know if the updates make it worth rebuying it for though.
They probably just changed the B&W photos to colour and edited the text.