Health & Fitness You're fat. Get skinny…

People I hate at the gym

Old 02-02-2010, 02:07 AM

Received 2,773 Likes on 1,976 Posts
yea thats pretty annoying.

not trying to sound racist here, but are they black?
i tend to see more black people doing that since the tmobile side kicks.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:08 AM

Received 2,773 Likes on 1,976 Posts
i really hate these new years crowds.

i actually have to give up on parking, especially on mondays and just go home instead.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:17 AM
I shoot people

Received 2,786 Likes on 1,409 Posts
Originally Posted by Mizouse
yea thats pretty annoying.

not trying to sound racist here, but are they black?
i tend to see more black people doing that since the tmobile side kicks.

This particular guy looked half. He's kinda white but has a fro and has African/American features. Another guy that does this is Hispanic. I can't remember the others but these two do it all the time to a point where people complain because their music has profanity in it and they sometimes sing along
Old 02-02-2010, 01:02 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
A guy did that the other day. Headphones aren't that annoying. He also had the tv on and was reading. I understand the need to do other things if you are doing cardio but fucking crap
Old 02-03-2010, 02:22 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by is300eater
Okay, so this is a trend I'm starting to see and I can't fucking stand it. With the popularity of iPhones people are starting to workout playing their music WITHOUT their headphones. I mean, normally I respect people for whatever music they like. But keep it to your fucking self. I'm trying to train clients and the asshole next to me has his iPhone playing that hip hop shit. I know not everybody would like MY taste in music but I don't make THEM listen to it. (sorry, I needed to vent)
just tell that fool to shut it off.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:04 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,287 Likes on 952 Posts
Drop a 45 on his iphone. Oops
Old 02-03-2010, 02:46 PM
Team Owner

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Doom878
Drop a 45 on his iphone. Oops
Old 02-17-2010, 09:12 PM
Runs on Dunkin

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Fat girls who come in, play around on the equipment for like 15 mins, and leave. Seriously, if you aren't going to use the stuff (let alone use it correctly) leave until you learn. I swear they are just there to check out guys and thats it
Old 02-17-2010, 09:15 PM
Runs on Dunkin

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Okay, so this is a trend I'm starting to see and I can't fucking stand it. With the popularity of iPhones people are starting to workout playing their music WITHOUT their headphones. I mean, normally I respect people for whatever music they like. But keep it to your fucking self. I'm trying to train clients and the asshole next to me has his iPhone playing that hip hop shit. I know not everybody would like MY taste in music but I don't make THEM listen to it. (sorry, I needed to vent)
2 guys were doing that today when I was lifting and just acting like it made them the coolest dudes in the gym.. One looked like a scrawny Lil' Wayne and he couldn't stop playing with his iPhone like it impressed everyone
Old 02-17-2010, 09:15 PM
Team Owner

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts
Some dude was on a machine today texting (I'm assuming) on his iPhone for 10-15 minutes today.

GTFO if you're just gonna take up space.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:04 AM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
What kind of machine? Treadmill - that would bother me. Weight machine - go for it, free weights are better
Old 02-18-2010, 05:30 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
wtf? People can hear their iPhone on speakerphone? Unless its with a dock, my one complaint with the iPhone is that the speakerphone sucks donkey dick. I can't hear shit inside my car, let alone a gym
Old 02-23-2010, 12:07 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The fat girls are the worse when there on every ab machine in the gym cuz they think 15 sit-ups is going to make them skinny. or people that just walk on the tread mill to kill time and talk
Old 02-24-2010, 11:42 PM
Oh Hullow

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
back in jersey i used to go to this gym that had an area setup to resemble a boxing ring with a heavy bag in the corner. i would always work out with a buddy of mine on there we would just take turns hitting the bag and while one rested the other would hit the bag. this same guy would ALWAYS be there standing right in front of us staring a hole through us until we finished (you know the type, the ones you see at the gym no matter what day or time you go). seriously though, waiting to use equipment is ok, but making eye contact is pretty damn awkward. it was like he was mad at us for using the stuff, but i guess it helped piss me off to hit the bag harder lol.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:11 AM
Team Owner

I have a neighbor that does that. Annoying
Old 03-01-2010, 09:32 PM
Above n Beyond

Received 132 Likes on 50 Posts
Ladies and gentlemen, no matter if you're 16 or 66, one set per muscle is not going to do shit! Please do us all a favor and learn a program before you take up the space.

kthxbye
Old 03-02-2010, 02:59 PM
Intermediate

when you're making adjustments to a machine (seat, weight etc etc...), and a guy approaches and ask "...were you done?"

it's like..."yeah, I was... I saw you coming, so I figured I'd make some adjustments FOR you"
Old 03-04-2010, 06:37 AM
JnC
Former Sponsor

Received 351 Likes on 227 Posts
^^ I run into that situation as well with people that super-set on 10 different machines at the same time
Old 03-05-2010, 09:51 AM
In the Mid-South meow

Received 2,092 Likes on 1,085 Posts
The past two times I've ran on the tredmill at our gym I've gotten smacked in the face with a disgusting roaming egg fart. When it's 6am and I'm struggling to get on the tredmill in the first place, the last thing I want is to have to restrict my breathing because it smells like someone's making Easter eggs. F*cking nasty. I suspect it's the old farts, pun intended, that are on the elipticals in front of me. Time to start running outside again I guess.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:21 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hate the gawkers. The people that you see out of the corner of your eye in the mirror that are paying attention everything your doing and muttering. I know I am out of shape, stop rubbing it in!
Old 03-07-2010, 05:45 PM
Pro

The other day i'm at the gym. There are always these 3 guys who workout toegether. Most of the time its pretty crowded and i have headphones in so i can't listen to them babble on. Well that day my mp3 was dead and no one was in there. These guys were like kind of following me around, talking with each other about, these are some of the phrases that came out of their mouths.......
Guy#1- very very skinny kid
guy#2- skinny but not as bad as the first
guy#3- fat
( ALL THINK THERE BLACK ASLO)
guy #3- " your going to catch your sef lookin in da mirrior at my 6 pak brah, i'm gonna be on da beach lookin fly"
" OH bro you anit got shit on dis, i'm gonna be ripped up son" etc.......

It got so bad, that i just ended my workout a little faster and went and ran for 30minutes.....idiots!
Old 04-21-2010, 11:50 PM
Yeehaw

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 04-24-2010, 11:25 PM
Racer

i dont like those who curl for girls and those that do the hulk walk even though they dont look that big.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:51 AM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
i don't like juice-cases with chicken legs. for some reason, i find them very annoying. at least with the 'proportional' juice-case, they have some level of gym etiquette.

'buddy, do some leg exercises. anything!'
Old 05-08-2010, 09:02 AM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I gotta guy who works at the gym I go to who thinks it is ok to bully and intimidate patrons. here's how it went down...

I go to the gym every now and then for some cardio. I sign in and don't say a word to anyone other then a polite greeting to the people at the desk. As I'm running this guy that's works there starts talking junk about me with one of his buddies. I overhear him say that I look stupid with my big shoulders and everything. he started making ape noises refering to my big shoulders and I stopped running and looked at him. He then told his buddy if he says anything I'll go off on him. I walk around the desk to get my keys and he starts making fun of me and stares me down like he wants to fight. I get my keys and leave... WTF is wrong with people?!?

I thought bullies are reserved to school yards and bars. Hell I'm a grown man I know fighting is wrong in public I have better sense. This guy either A) is gay because he is worrried about my body or B) hasn't grown up and become a man in his mind yet...

What do you guys suggest I do? I contacted his manager and told them about it but I dunno if they'll fire the guy....
Old 05-08-2010, 10:24 AM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
^ say something to the gym. You paid your money just like he did and you are entitled to a peaceful workout.

And what kind of gym is this anyway? Maybe it's just sheer luck but I meet some of the friendliest people at the gym.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:25 PM
Oh Hullow

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by CLsuperhero
I gotta guy who works at the gym I go to who thinks it is ok to bully and intimidate patrons. here's how it went down...

I go to the gym every now and then for some cardio. I sign in and don't say a word to anyone other then a polite greeting to the people at the desk. As I'm running this guy that's works there starts talking junk about me with one of his buddies. I overhear him say that I look stupid with my big shoulders and everything. he started making ape noises refering to my big shoulders and I stopped running and looked at him. He then told his buddy if he says anything I'll go off on him. I walk around the desk to get my keys and he starts making fun of me and stares me down like he wants to fight. I get my keys and leave... WTF is wrong with people?!?

I thought bullies are reserved to school yards and bars. Hell I'm a grown man I know fighting is wrong in public I have better sense. This guy either A) is gay because he is worrried about my body or B) hasn't grown up and become a man in his mind yet...

What do you guys suggest I do? I contacted his manager and told them about it but I dunno if they'll fire the guy....
he is self conscious about his own appearance, maybe in particular his shoulders and wishes his looked like yours. you're right he hasn't grown up. he has childish insecurities that probably stem from him being a social outcast in his younger years. if you stooped to his level (while immature, still funny) and pointed out a physical flaw of his you would really get into his head
Old 05-08-2010, 03:58 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,811 Likes on 1,282 Posts
Our gym is full of meatheads on vitamin S. No legs, they wear the skimpiest "tank top" they can find. They spend as much time looking in the mirror as they do working out.

I'm very mellow in real life. I back down from people 99% of the time but there's something about the meathead mentality that I can't back down from. I love people thinking they can intimidate for no reason and then wondering what went wrong lol.

There are people like my GF. She goes religiously every morning with her cousin. They do more talking than working out. I've offered to help her with exercises but they think I push them too hard. She was wondering why her shoulders hadn't toned up in over a year of working out and I asked what shoulder exercises she was doing. They were all lat, tri, or bi exercieses that she thought were for shoulders so in reality she hadn't worked out her shoulders.....ever.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:51 PM
Pinky all stinky

^ which is kinda funny cause the equipment at my gym tells you exactly what muscles it's working.

Maybe it's not the same there.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:22 PM
I shoot people

Received 2,786 Likes on 1,409 Posts
...so, the other day, I'm working out, and approached a machine that had a "Out Of Order" sign laying on the seat (no, it wasn't taped to the machine, just sitting on top of the seat). I thought it was weird, because I was there late the night before and the machine was working fine. I kinda half-ass inspected it myself... and didn't notice anything wrong with it... but whatever, I just walked away, I figured perhaps, there's something internally wrong with it, and can't be seen.

I'm now, working out across the way with another machine, and I see this other guy approached that machine, laid the sign on the ground and proceeded to use the machine anyway. So, my thoughts were... either 1) this guy just completely ignored the sign or 2) maybe HE put the sign there... I didn't say anything, I just continued observing from a distance...

turned out, this fucking asshat was doing some kind of circuit/super setting or something, and he didn't want someone to jump in while he was on the other machine... because he had an "Out of Order" sign at the other machine too...

I can't wait to bump into this guy again... I was going to do something about it, but it was literally his last part of the workout, cuz he took off right after.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:52 AM
Racer

...so, the other day, I'm working out, and approached a machine that had a "Out Of Order" sign laying on the seat (no, it wasn't taped to the machine, just sitting on top of the seat). I thought it was weird, because I was there late the night before and the machine was working fine. I kinda half-ass inspected it myself... and didn't notice anything wrong with it... but whatever, I just walked away, I figured perhaps, there's something internally wrong with it, and can't be seen.

I'm now, working out across the way with another machine, and I see this other guy approached that machine, laid the sign on the ground and proceeded to use the machine anyway. So, my thoughts were... either 1) this guy just completely ignored the sign or 2) maybe HE put the sign there... I didn't say anything, I just continued observing from a distance...

turned out, this fucking asshat was doing some kind of circuit/super setting or something, and he didn't want someone to jump in while he was on the other machine... because he had an "Out of Order" sign at the other machine too...

I can't wait to bump into this guy again... I was going to do something about it, but it was literally his last part of the workout, cuz he took off right after.
what an ass! you should notice the gym's management.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:37 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by CLsuperhero

Yeah employee or not some will just talk shit. But did you really cut your workout short because he was making fun of you?
Old 05-10-2010, 08:54 AM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
no I didn't cut it short because of him. I let him talk his crap with his little buddies while I was running and just turned and looked at him while I was running on the treadmill to kinda let him know I can hear everything ... I finished up my run and walked around the desk to get my keys and he thought I came over there to confront him and fight him over what he said. He's just insecure about his manhood.

They were all really scared after I looked at him and started talking about a "fight strategy" in case I came over there to fight him. Talking about man I dunno if you could take that guy you got the reach advantage because you're taller, but if he takes you down you're gonna be f'ed up because his traps are huge. what a bunch of tools...

and to answer the guy above it's a public gym.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:54 PM
None

man, these are many of the reasons why I dont sign up for a gym. Ive gone before. i dont know about you guys, sometimes I just feel dirty afterward using the equipments. for those who go to 24hr fitness, man those bathrooms are the worst. I wanna wash my hands after working out and bam, i see nothing but old 70yrs dick... i dno bout you guys but man, shit irritates me, WEAR A FUCKING TOWEL

that is why i have nothing but dumbbells at home. i know its not giving me the maximum of a workout
Old 05-10-2010, 07:11 PM
Pinky all stinky

^ I know it's dirty but I run home and shower. I pretty much just leave the gym in my workout clothes, put a clean towel on the car seat and just wing it. I don't even shit at the gym, if I have to go I just go straight home.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:14 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by adlx21
man, these are many of the reasons why I dont sign up for a gym. Ive gone before. i dont know about you guys, sometimes I just feel dirty afterward using the equipments. for those who go to 24hr fitness, man those bathrooms are the worst. I wanna wash my hands after working out and bam, i see nothing but old 70yrs dick... i dno bout you guys but man, shit irritates me, WEAR A FUCKING TOWEL

that is why i have nothing but dumbbells at home. i know its not giving me the maximum of a workout
Not to mention most of them have it to where you have to walk through the locker room to take a piss. I swear some of those guys go to the gym to hang out naked in the locker room. One of the 24 hours I used to go to was so bad I literally looked down at the floor when I went in to use the bathroom.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:16 PM
Team Owner

Anyone else having trouble with the link to this thread? For the last few days when I go to my subscribed threads and click on last page, it sends me to the 1st gen TL forum to a thread from '07 about manually shifting the TL. I have to enter this forum first and click on last page to get here.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:17 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by adlx21
http://www.crossfitbrandx.com/index....s/viewforum/16 or P90X.

Traps = ground game
Old 05-11-2010, 07:57 AM
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by I hate cars
Not to mention most of them have it to where you have to walk through the locker room to take a piss. I swear some of those guys go to the gym to hang out naked in the locker room. One of the 24 hours I used to go to was so bad I literally looked down at the floor when I went in to use the bathroom.
I NEVER use the bathrooms/locker rooms at the gym, absolutely disgusting;

I never have had to use the bathroom while at the gym. and I also make sure I do all that stuff before leaving home. My new gym's locker room is better than my old one, but that isn't really saying much. I remember one time I actually used the bathroom in the nasty bathroom I just stared at the wall and squinted my eyes to avoid seeing all the filth; and when I washed my hands, I did the same thing.

The last time I was in the locker room, I saw way too many butt naked guys sitting their bare ass right on the bench. Since then I either get dressed before I leave home, or in the car. After my workout I leave in my gym clothes and wait until I get home to shower.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:06 AM
Advanced

lol I work at a gym, some people are very interesting...

Quick Reply: People I hate at the gym