Health & Fitness You're fat. Get skinny…

People I hate at the gym

Old 03-05-2009, 11:01 PM
I shoot people

Received 2,785 Likes on 1,409 Posts
Originally Posted by Selim'sTL
I don't want to get anyone offended but I am seeing a lot of whiners here. I find that if you don't care what other people do your life will be a lot easier...
actually some of my complaints can't be ignored... and it does affect my life AND my job... you see, I work at a gym and have been around the gym scene since 86'... some of you weren't even born yet... maybe you made that post because you see yourself in some of these complaints(?)
Old 03-06-2009, 12:01 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's a new one, I work out my rear deltoids on the pec deck machine, but sit basically backwards on it. I can't see who's coming from behind me when I swing the arms back and sometimes people don't care and walk right into your arch and you end up hitting them. Then they have the nerve to look at me like I'm the idiot...
Old 03-06-2009, 12:23 AM
Banned

Received 84 Likes on 67 Posts
had an old lady come up to me at the gym, "you look just like my husband when he was in his 20s" i say "oh, well thanks" (thinking to my self okkkk...) then she says "hes dead" I say
Old 03-06-2009, 07:24 AM
Sǝxy Timǝ in my

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by is300eater
actually some of my complaints can't be ignored... and it does affect my life AND my job... you see, I work at a gym and have been around the gym scene since 86'... some of you weren't even born yet... maybe you made that post because you see yourself in some of these complaints(?)
A lot of things used to bother me when I was younger but as I am getting older I realizing that everyone different. As for as people who act like they are all that at the gym I guess because it gives them motivation.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:51 AM
I shoot people

Originally Posted by Selim'sTL
A lot of things used to bother me when I was younger but as I am getting older I realizing that everyone different. As for as people who act like they are all that at the gym I guess because it gives them motivation.
I guess I see what you're saying, but most of my complaints were more or less gym etiquette... not so much how they act... (I'll admit, I think I may have mentioned a couple on the way they act)

but while I'm at it... here's another one... People who smoke right outside the gym/health club... I'm very sensitive to this issue because my dad passed away last year from lung cancer and he wasn't even a smoker. There's this one particular gym that I go to.... where people would smoke either before they workout or right after, standing BY the entrance of the gym socializing while puffing away... and every time someone enters or leaves the gym/opening the door(s)... smoke gets blown in... and I can smell it from the farthest corner of the gym floor. 1) I mean... it's a fucking "health club"... emphasis on the word "HEALTH", what part of the term do they not understand??!!! 2) IMHO? ....and this goes for ANYWHERE in public... if their smoke is reaching into my lungs... they ARE violating MY space. The other night... I flat out stuck my head out the door and asked them politely to go farther away to smoke... and even though they did so... it was after they stared at me up and down with an attitude... I swear, one of these days, my "fist" is going to violate their space... (or my big toe)
Old 03-06-2009, 02:06 PM
Sǝxy Timǝ in my

I guess I see what you're saying, but most of my complaints were more or less gym etiquette... not so much how they act... (I'll admit, I think I may have mentioned a couple on the way they act)

but while I'm at it... here's another one... People who smoke right outside the gym/health club... I'm very sensitive to this issue because my dad passed away last year from lung cancer and he wasn't even a smoker. There's this one particular gym that I go to.... where people would smoke either before they workout or right after, standing BY the entrance of the gym socializing while puffing away... and every time someone enters or leaves the gym/opening the door(s)... smoke gets blown in... and I can smell it from the farthest corner of the gym floor. 1) I mean... it's a fucking "health club"... emphasis on the word "HEALTH", what part of the term do they not understand??!!! 2) IMHO? ....and this goes for ANYWHERE in public... if their smoke is reaching into my lungs... they ARE violating MY space. The other night... I flat out stuck my head out the door and asked them politely to go farther away to smoke... and even though they did so... it was after they stared at me up and down with an attitude... I swear, one of these days, my "fist" is going to violate their space... (or my big toe)
I agree, I had same problem myself with people and their smoking. I hate dumbasses who doesn't use common sense. Where I live people smoke even inside the train
Old 03-06-2009, 05:29 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
Originally Posted by combat mediC
also mr i wear cologne at the gym.... ?
The fucking chick next to me today put on way too much body scent or whatever. Almost to the point where it was difficult to breath. The shit was thick.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:57 PM
Sǝxy Timǝ in my

Originally Posted by subinf
The fucking chick next to me today put on way too much body scent or whatever. Almost to the point where it was difficult to breath. The shit was thick.
No shower + sent =
Old 03-06-2009, 07:38 PM
Rollin in a

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i work at a gym...so my list could go on for dayyyyyys. the worst person by far is the guy who doesn't put his weights away. or the one who puts his 'stuff' on a machine and occupies it for the next 45 mins while he walks around talking/chilling. or the guy who's just always on his cellphone/talking obnoxiously loud. or the...oh man its starting...
Old 03-06-2009, 10:14 PM
I shoot people

Originally Posted by BennyUnitas
i work at a gym...so my list could go on for dayyyyyys. the worst person by far is the guy who doesn't put his weights away. or the one who puts his 'stuff' on a machine and occupies it for the next 45 mins while he walks around talking/chilling. or the guy who's just always on his cellphone/talking obnoxiously loud. or the...oh man its starting...
it's one thing if the plates aren't put away or unracked from the benches or the Olympic bars in the squat rack... because usually there's a plate rack near by or AT the squat rack, doesn't take long (but still annoying)... However, it's when you start off the day, with ALL the dumbbells in the proper places or their marked spots... One person grabs... say a pair of 90lbs DD's... then another person grabs a pair 20lbs DD's... the guy with the 90's decides to put them on the racks where the 20's go after he's done... So, now... you got the guy with the 20's... doesn't know where to put them (because there's a set of 90's where the 20's go)... so, he either leaves them on the floor... or he puts them where the 90's go. This usually starts a dominos effect... because those 90's and 20's will NEVER go back to where they're suppose to go by itself or by other members (until us, employees, put them back, of course)... all it takes is ONE lazy-ass-muthafawker to start this.

One time... the dumbbells area was just a complete mess... so I'm totally spending time putting them back... it's actually a lot of work... especially when all the DD's from 60lbs-120lbs are out of place... I'm in the process of doing this.... and I'm almost done... mind you, there's a bunch of guys just working out, I'm walking around them lugging these heavy DD's... and some idiot... right in front of me just casually decided to put a set of 45's on the 20's spot... Yeah, I kinda went off on him... I was so annoyed I really didn't care if I got in trouble. After he put them back in the proper spot... and left the area..... I said out loud-blatantly in front of the rest of the members "...I swear, I really... HONESTLY think there should be some kind of IQ test before they allow to join, if you have SHIT for brains, NO enrollment..." I didn't give a fuck
Old 03-06-2009, 11:39 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
I guess what also bothers me are peoples attachments to certain machines. There are 4 fucking cybex machines. I'm on one of them. Don't ask when I'm finished if the other three, which are the exact fucking same, are not being used.
Old 03-07-2009, 05:07 PM
Above n Beyond

Received 132 Likes on 50 Posts
Didnt read the whole thread but.....

I hate when I am in the locker room changing and getting ready to work out when there's like 3 60yr old guys sitting there completely naked just having a conversation.

Or about the time where I literally walked into the locker room and there was this guy completely naked laying on his back on the bench reading a book.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:10 AM

Received 2,773 Likes on 1,976 Posts
hot chicks working out the gym, i get so damn distracted
Old 03-20-2009, 08:00 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I was annoyed last night while on the stationary bike. The lady next to me was having a conversation with someone and they were being obnoxiously loud, I could barely hear the tv through my headphones. Very distracting and annoying.

My gym now has a policy of no cell phones in the workout area or locker rooms, but a couple years ago they did not. A few times, I was on an elliptical, and the same obnoxious guy started using the machine next to me, and yapped on his cell phone the entire time. It drove me nuts. What is wrong with people who can't even take 30 minutes out of their day to put down the cell phone and work out?!?! Thank God for the new rule.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:09 PM
I shoot people

it cracks me up when I see people with shit form going around the gym giving others advise (lots of time, total strangers), thinking they're correcting their form when they're really making it worst I swear, it's like the blind leading the blind
Old 03-29-2009, 11:40 PM
failhard.

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Not their fault, but I really, really hate when I come into the gym to play some basketball first thing, and there's a damn event going on at the ball court.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:25 AM
Drifting

I really cant stand people that point and or talk about me at the gym. get over yourself im fucking working out.

perfect example ( im not sure of the name) but i was doing pushups on dumbells and in between each pushup you alternate lifting one weight to your chest. i was doing them facing the mirror and everytime i came to the top of my pushup i could see these two kids looking directly at me and talking about me.

i do alot more speed training then powerlifting now aday's and unfortunatley at my gym, its mostly kids that are either power lifting or just tyring to bulk up. so when i get on the incline and start speed repping 75 lbs ( literally throwing it while still holding on) people tend to talk.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:17 AM
Q('.')=O

Received 720 Likes on 520 Posts
K this was a first for me but hella annoying. I'm in the dressing room changing before my workout and some dude is standing in front of a huge mirror blow drying his hair. But he isn't wearing boxers or a towel, he is butt naked. What pisses me off is that there are guys walking by left and right and he just stands there with his junk hanging out in front of a mirror without a care in the world. COME ON, people don't want to see your shit put a fucking towel or boxers on you fucking douche instead of standing up there for 10 fucking minutes so you can make sure everyone can see your fucking cock n pubes.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:11 AM
Advanced

it cracks me up when I see people with shit form going around the gym giving others advise (lots of time, total strangers), thinking they're correcting their form when they're really making it worst I swear, it's like the blind leading the blind
Hell Yeah!!! The dudes you see are half squatting 300 lbs (and would buckle under a 150 lb full squat) trying to tell some random skinny kid how to squat properly.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:15 PM
Moto Enthusiast

Originally Posted by imj0257
I'm in the dressing room changing before my workout and some dude is standing in front of a huge mirror blow drying his hair. But he isn't wearing boxers or a towel, he is butt naked.
Lol...similar to that, I hate guys who feel compelled to weigh themselves on the locker room scale butt-naked! C'mon! That damn towel's not going to make that much of a difference in weight. Put it on for Christ's sake or at least wear your chonies.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:37 PM
Racer

For me its the people who have their hair all fixed up WTF you are going to get all sweaty anyways. Also the attention whores who slam the weights If you watch them you actually see them throw it on the ground and also not putting weights back in their place, Specially the dumbbells seems like the bigger the guy is the more likely he is to do this puts them in wrong place to Fucken lazy to walk the extra 15 feet and put it in its place.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:43 PM
Have camera, will travel

Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX
I was annoyed last night while on the stationary bike. The lady next to me was having a conversation with someone and they were being obnoxiously loud, I could barely hear the tv through my headphones. Very distracting and annoying.

My gym now has a policy of no cell phones in the workout area or locker rooms, but a couple years ago they did not. A few times, I was on an elliptical, and the same obnoxious guy started using the machine next to me, and yapped on his cell phone the entire time. It drove me nuts. What is wrong with people who can't even take 30 minutes out of their day to put down the cell phone and work out?!?! Thank God for the new rule.
I've been there. When it happens to me I like to look over and say, "If you can talk that much you aren't working out hard enough." It at least gives you some kind of satisfaction if nothing else.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:45 PM
Q('.')=O

Originally Posted by Sal's Type S
For me its the people who have their hair all fixed up WTF you are going to get all sweaty anyways.
Hey hey my hair is always all fixed up because I work out after work . But on the weekends I work out in the morning and never do my hair then.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:54 PM
Rollin in a

the worst ones are the guys who use the hair dryers...to dry their balls
Old 03-30-2009, 08:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by imj0257
K this was a first for me but hella annoying. I'm in the dressing room changing before my workout and some dude is standing in front of a huge mirror blow drying his hair. But he isn't wearing boxers or a towel, he is butt naked. What pisses me off is that there are guys walking by left and right and he just stands there with his junk hanging out in front of a mirror without a care in the world. COME ON, people don't want to see your shit put a fucking towel or boxers on you fucking douche instead of standing up there for 10 fucking minutes so you can make sure everyone can see your fucking cock n pubes.

Originally Posted by waTSX
I've been there. When it happens to me I like to look over and say, "If you can talk that much you aren't working out hard enough." It at least gives you some kind of satisfaction if nothing else.
I really should have said something. I wanted to so badly.

Originally Posted by BennyUnitas
the worst ones are the guys who use the hair dryers...to dry their balls
Old 03-30-2009, 08:11 PM
Senior Moderator

I get naked women walking around sometimes, too, and it's just gross. Especially since the ones who do this are older, wrinkly, and saggy.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:47 PM

I get naked women walking around sometimes, too, and it's just gross. Especially since the ones who do this are older, wrinkly, and saggy.

I get naked women walking around sometimes, too, and it's just gross. Especially since the ones who do this are older, wrinkly, and saggy. :yuck:
Old 03-30-2009, 10:42 PM
Pink Domo

Originally Posted by Sal's Type S
For me its the people who have their hair all fixed up WTF you are going to get all sweaty anyways.
Women who put on makeup before working out. Not the ones who obviously just came from work - the ones who add MORE makeup before heading onto the gym floor.

I seriously don't get it.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:22 PM
I shoot people

or when they use perfume... I don't care if it's just a little... they start sweating, and that shit start stinking up the room
Old 03-30-2009, 11:39 PM
The hair says it all

It's been a while since i posted in here last. I have since changed from a university gym to a New York Shitty Club. I am at the huge complex in White Plains on top of a parking garage.

People I hate at the gym? Everybody...

I hate the bitch who has the treadmill going at 15 mph and she jumps on and off every 20 seconds cause she loses her breath, I want her to fall every time. She is early 40s, and based on her extra weight I'd say she incapable of handling that kind of speed.

I hate all the guys that prance around naked. You are gross, cover yourself up. Are you proving a point? Please sir, tell me how standing naked in public makes you feel.

I hate the Woman with a tiny body and huuuuge fake tits who prances around but never really does anything. She chooses to stay slim by not eating and using the gym as her social time. Accordingly, she is hit on constantly by the following type.

I hate the guy with the blown out hair that is huge and looks around like he is figuring out who to kill next. Dude, I just want to lift this weight, and then do some sit ups please don't murder me. For a better idea I refer you to Exhibit A. This type probably drives a hooked up 325i and/or Acura TL.

[Exhibit A]

In all honestly, there are plenty of normal people around. We are outnumbered though.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:57 AM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Python2121
It's been a while since i posted in here last. I have since changed from a university gym to a New York Shitty Club. I am at the huge complex in White Plains on top of a parking garage.

People I hate at the gym? Everybody...

I hate the bitch who has the treadmill going at 15 mph and she jumps on and off every 20 seconds cause she loses her breath, I want her to fall every time. She is early 40s, and based on her extra weight I'd say she incapable of handling that kind of speed.

I hate all the guys that prance around naked. You are gross, cover yourself up. Are you proving a point? Please sir, tell me how standing naked in public makes you feel.

I hate the Woman with a tiny body and huuuuge fake tits who prances around but never really does anything. She chooses to stay slim by not eating and using the gym as her social time. Accordingly, she is hit on constantly by the following type.

I hate the guy with the blown out hair that is huge and looks around like he is figuring out who to kill next. Dude, I just want to lift this weight, and then do some sit ups please don't murder me. For a better idea I refer you to Exhibit A. This type probably drives a hooked up 325i and/or Acura TL.

[Exhibit A]

In all honestly, there are plenty of normal people around. We are outnumbered though.
What gym in White Plains?
Old 03-31-2009, 08:59 PM
The hair says it all

Originally Posted by GIBSON6594
What gym in White Plains?
New York Sports Club in the City Center. It has some good resources like an indoor pool and squash courts (i prefer racquetball though). This huge complex has hundreds of treadmills and ellipticals but only 2 rowing machines and one is perma broken. Also, the hours are really bad. The only reason I stay there is for the occasional swim.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Mizouse
hot chicks working out the gym, i get so damn distracted
summer is going to be difficult for me
Old 04-01-2009, 08:26 AM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Python2121
New York Sports Club in the City Center. It has some good resources like an indoor pool and squash courts (i prefer racquetball though). This huge complex has hundreds of treadmills and ellipticals but only 2 rowing machines and one is perma broken. Also, the hours are really bad. The only reason I stay there is for the occasional swim.
Sounds crappy, I used to live in White Plains. I'm in Yonkers now and use my apartment buildings gym. It's small and empty, but it's free (sort of) and has decent equipment.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:29 PM

i had to wear my work shoes today at the gym because i forgot my sneakers at home.

luckily i guess, they aren't super fancy schmancy loafers/dress shoes.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by goddsmack
Here's a new one, I work out my rear deltoids on the pec deck machine, but sit basically backwards on it. I can't see who's coming from behind me when I swing the arms back and sometimes people don't care and walk right into your arch and you end up hitting them. Then they have the nerve to look at me like I'm the idiot...
oh yeah i love when i'm working shoulders and doing lateral raises and people try to squeeze by and get hit. Then it's my fault because i didn't stop my workout to accommodate their dumb ass.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:01 PM
Q('.')=O

^ tru dat. i've experience that before lol
Old 04-07-2009, 05:15 PM
Racer

Old people who smell like urine and come use the equipment that's next to me.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:28 AM
Feenin on some 20's

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
I especially hate the dudes that smell like.. they haven't showered in weeks.. MAN, i do not get how they smell that bad. One time, I was working side by side with this one dude.. I tried to be polite and stay there.. I looke d around, everyone else had already left..... why me,

Also, dudes that rock short shorts to the gym. When i mean short, i mean shorter than the girl next door's booty shorts. WTF. It's 2009, 1970/80's or w/e is OVER.. Some people's sense of style just never really change.. At least wear something appropriate.

And dude's that walk around fkin naked. i totally agree, what are u trying to show off? It's gross, cuz I have to keep my eyes to a certain spot. NOT that i wanna look at them down there, but i dont even wanna look at that way. They might think i'm ghey, so i just dont even look towards that direction at all.

Last edited by ILLustriousUA6; 04-08-2009 at 02:31 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:39 AM

i just look at the ceiling whenever im in the locker room.

Quick Reply: People I hate at the gym