Health & Fitness You're fat. Get skinny…

my schedule

Old 10-16-2008, 10:55 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
my schedule

Just thought I'd post up my "daily" schedule, as it might help motivate me, and get some more ideas where I can improve. Probably not really interesting, but wanted to get my ideas out and have a little log. Sorry for wasting any space

Background
about 5'7", been just over 200 lbs for probably the last 3 years. Never really weighed myself. At least the last 2 years, at my annual check up (required by work) I've been like 94kg.

Work started paying for a gym membership late last year. Started going maybe 1 or 2 times a week in January 08', 2-3 times/week starting around May. Got lazy late July through early September due to trips, friends and family visiting, weddings, etc. Just started up again Mid September.

Started going to the Gym at around 5 times a week +/- a day for at least an hour

Finally bought a cheap digital scale, that doesn't seem to be very accurate on September 28th (just checked the receipt). Seems to fluctuate around 3 lbs. throughout the day (although up to 2lbs, even seconds apart )

First Day Weigh in Ranging between 206-209.

Decided to start a little EC to see how I react. Started on Sunday (10/12) to just give a small test run. Haven't really felt anything. Maybe a little weirdness on the first day. Still kinda have a very slight bloated head feeling, but barely notice it. Don't notice any erratic/racing heart. Should try and get my blood pressure checked just to make sure everything's alright

Schedule (as of right now)
8am: wake up - 1X EC
12pm: 1X EC & Usually decent size Lunch
4pm: 1X EC
6pm: Get home
7pm: Dinner (smaller) or if I'm really hungry, just make a crap load of broccoli
9pm-10:30pm: gym
somewhere between 1-2am: Sleep

Workout
30-40 min Cardio: Usually Elliptical jogging, roughly 10min/mile pace, and at a decent resistance somewhere between 6-10 incline, and 8-12 resistance (if those are universal numbers?) maybe intervalling between the high and low limits there, but not really high intensity.
30-40 min Other: Try and do Chest and Abs every time I go, Switch up arms/shoulders/legs not really on a set schedule. Depends what's free, how tired I am etc. Feel like I'm getting a better workout doing 3-4 sets of 15-20 w/ slightly lighter weights. Trying to cut not bulk anyways.

Diet
I am really not good at 'dieting', but I'm just trying to be more aware of quantity. Can't reasonably completely give up my white rice/bread , but try to cut back. Buying more vegetables. But haven't really changed my diet too much, especially cause I have a tendency to go out to lunch a lot, but stopped going out to dinner, and cook for myself as much as possible. I think I just need to slowly start cutting things out/finding new things to make to get that gradual lifestyle change rather than thinking I'm on a diet.

EC really stopped my appetite though, plus i've been swamped w/ work this week, so I have been forgetting to go get lunch. We'll see if I keep skipping lunch once my work load lightens up a bit. But I should try to remember to eat something especially if I keep up the EC.

Hawaiian lunches (plate lunch) are notoriously unhealthy. The healthiest thing we got nearby is a blimpie's, which I'm trying to go to more often.

Again though mostly trying to cut quantity, rather than quality

Results
Today is about my 4th day on EC, and about 2 and a half weeks since I bought a scale. Weighed in today 10/16: 195-198

Probably mostly water weight? hopefully not muscle. dropped around 10lbs/2.5weeks. Don't think that's going to keep up.

Don't feel any skinnier, but I guess I like seeing smaller numbers.

Goal
Ideal goal is 170 by Christmas, but considering that is like 30+ lbs in 3 months, I'm not sure how healthy that is.

more reasonable goal maybe 180

probably should start trying to go to bed earlier/get to the gym earlier. But I don't like the crowded gym around 7-8, and I prefer going sometime after dinner after letting my food digest a bit.

anything stick out that I should really focus on changing?

Last edited by Osamu; 10-16-2008 at 10:58 PM.