Health & Fitness You're fat. Get skinny…

Losing 10 lbs

Old 05-11-2005, 03:38 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Losing 10 lbs

I would like to lose 10 lbs of fat by the end of the month. I lift 5 times a week, but haven't been doing any cardio lately. I was playing basketball 2-3 times a week, plus running on a treadmill for 15-20 mins 2 times a week. I had lost about 7 lbs in a short time, which I was happy with. About a month ago, I sprained my ankle really badly while playing ball and in the time it took to heal properly, I gained about 5 lbs back. I am planning on eating healthier for the next couple weeks, plus restarting a cardio. Anyone have a good routine that is easy on the ankle? Swimming and the eliptical were my too main ideas. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-11-2005, 03:48 PM
That's Racist

Swim like a mofo. That would be your best bet if your ankle can handle it.

And if your ankle can handle it again, cardio biking is really good too.

Ellipticals never do shit for me unless I run first. . But who knows.
Old 05-11-2005, 03:57 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you find out how to lose 10lbs of body fat in 1 month, let me know
Old 05-11-2005, 04:16 PM
Banned

10 lbs in a month is not impossible by any means. The best way to do it is change your lifestyle, because if you do something one way for a month and then go back to your old lifestyle afterward, then what's the point?

Anyway, I did a 12 week fat loss program and the basics of it were to eat SUPER clean, as in no bread/pasta/processed cereal. Cut out the fruits and dairy to eliminate sugar. Eat 6-7 small meals a day. Most of my diet was sweet taters, brown rice, oats, egg whites, tukey/chicken breast, tuna and veggies. Mix in 1-2 tbsp of flax seed oil per day - these are good fats that will help you.

It would probably be a good idea to eat 11-12 cal/lb/day to begin and end at 9-10 cal/lb/day. That is why a longer duration program is smarter, so you can gradually reduce the calories.

Cardio will be very key. I like our elliptical. You'll have to bump up cardio to 4-5x a week, 40-50 min/session to really see results. 15-20 min/session won't it.

You have the lifting down and may actually want to cut it to 4x a week, keeping the lifting sessions to 30-40 min and a higher intensity. Don't lift as you would if you were trying to add mass. Stick to rep ranges of 8-12 in general and do as many complex moves as possible to max out your calorie burning.

Also, might remove carbs from that last meal, unless it is the meal following a lifting session.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:45 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Maximized
I would like to lose 10 lbs of fat by the end of the month. I lift 5 times a week, but haven't been doing any cardio lately. I was playing basketball 2-3 times a week, plus running on a treadmill for 15-20 mins 2 times a week. I had lost about 7 lbs in a short time, which I was happy with. About a month ago, I sprained my ankle really badly while playing ball and in the time it took to heal properly, I gained about 5 lbs back. I am planning on eating healthier for the next couple weeks, plus restarting a cardio. Anyone have a good routine that is easy on the ankle? Swimming and the eliptical were my too main ideas. Any help would be appreciated.
I play ball alot too and i tend to sprain my ankle sometimes. When this happens i still need to reach the gym. What i do is a circuit train instead of concentrating on one or two body parts:

On Monday i'll do my chest, back bi's and calves with no rest between exercises and only 30-60sec rest after each circuit.

On Tuesday i'll do my shoulders, tri's, quads and hams with the same routine as monday.

Wednesday I'll do a circuit for my abs and what ever i feel part of my body needs more work, say forearms or back shoulder. I usually focus on my abs.

On thursday i sart all over again.

I usually use this in the summer time to lean down and cut up.
Hope this helps you out sorry bout the ankle!
Old 05-11-2005, 06:12 PM
Suzuka Master

I am really happy with my body strength wise. When I started lifting 2 years ago, I was weak and could barely rep 125 pounds. Now, I am up to 235lbs 8 times/3 sets for example. I haven't taken a supplement, except vitamins. My whole body has become a lot stronger, which I am proud of. I weigh 190ish, but want to get down near 180 so I get rid of some of the fat in the stomach area.
Old 05-11-2005, 10:32 PM
fhwagads

How bout 10 pounds in 3 days? Try the cleveland clinic diet. I did it my senior year of highschool to lose weight for the Marines. Really worked for me. The only catch is you have to follow everything on the thing exactly to a T and not eat anythihng else including gum or candy or whatever. Only whats on the thing and water.

http://diet-plans.featherish.com/die...inic-diet.html
Old 05-12-2005, 10:31 AM
Banned

10 pounds in 3 days sounds like a great idea!
Old 05-14-2005, 10:05 AM
visit me

Originally Posted by FuriousGeorge83
How bout 10 pounds in 3 days? Try the cleveland clinic diet. I did it my senior year of highschool to lose weight for the Marines. Really worked for me. The only catch is you have to follow everything on the thing exactly to a T and not eat anythihng else including gum or candy or whatever. Only whats on the thing and water.

that diet looks kinda weird.

the second day dinner it says 2 hot dogs?

and every dinner has 1/2 cup of ice cream?

i thought hot dogs were the worst thing in the world to eat?
Old 05-16-2005, 12:00 AM
01 3.2 CL-s

Originally Posted by FuriousGeorge83

can you continue this diet and rotate for say maybe 2 weeks and loose weight accordingly?? looks like a good diet and i would really like to cut back a few pounds and i dont have time to get to the gym like i would want since my work scheduale is all messed up..
Old 05-16-2005, 09:22 AM
Safety Car

I hate sprainging my ankles playing ball. done it so much I have no spring left and I have to wear a tie-up velcro brace every time I play now
Old 05-16-2005, 02:43 PM
If He Dies...He Dies

you really have to cut down on your lifting like someone said earlier. more reps, and less weight. As you should probably already know, muscles weighs more than fat. so, you might be losing fat mass, but you would be gaining muscle mass and you might not be noticing the difference on the scale.

back when I lifted heavy practically every other day for like 5 months straight, I actually gained some fat and muscle because i was dedicated to the 32oz high protein shakes(hulk) from smoothie king and the burritos from Chipotle almost every day. I don't advice this, though. They put a LOT of mass on me regardless, but I could feel how heavy I was when i tried to play tennis...like 20lbs!!! I didn't do any cardio, which is key to balance. Swimming will def help you.

What I would recommend is that you use meal replacement bars so that you don't lose those nutrients/acids when you do the cardio.

Last edited by MisterMehoff; 05-16-2005 at 02:45 PM.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,940 Likes on 14,056 Posts
While your ankle is healing, I'd stick to doing some swimming and the eliptical...If you are on the latter, I'd suggest trying the 2 minute up and 2 minute down routine--meaning, you do a walking-pace speed for 2 minutes and then a fast jog for 2...Do this in total for about 20 minutes...

As well, watch what you eat. Stick to lean chicken, fish, and nice complex carbohydrates (i.e. brown rice)...As well, never forget fiber. When trying to lose weight, fiber is your best friend...

Good luck!
Old 05-16-2005, 04:08 PM
Go Noles!

Originally Posted by Yumchah
As well, never forget fiber. When trying to lose weight, fiber is your best friend...

not enough people know that. spread the word.