Health & Fitness You're fat. Get skinny…

JJ's Progress Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 02:41 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
No offense but your diet is absolutely aweful. You're doing cardio just to "almost" break even.

When I'm in my cutting stage I do no cardio, only weights once in a while. Keep carbs below 70/day, calories to 2,800, and lower fat levels. Once a week, assuming you were strict on your diet, you need a "carb up" or cheat day to keep your metabolism from slowing down. If I do cheat when I'm not supposed to, the following day I lower my carbs to 20 or so.

A Big Mac meal is an entire day's worth of calories in one meal. Two hotdogs, same thing. Probably 30gs of fat, 120gs of carbs, and who knows how many calories. Wouldn't be as bad if it was your only meal of the day.

Edit... If you like these fatty foods, check out the Keto diet.

Last edited by I hate cars; 12-12-2007 at 02:44 PM.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:07 AM
LOLZ McCain Sux

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by I hate cars
No offense but your diet is absolutely aweful. You're doing cardio just to "almost" break even.

When I'm in my cutting stage I do no cardio, only weights once in a while. Keep carbs below 70/day, calories to 2,800, and lower fat levels. Once a week, assuming you were strict on your diet, you need a "carb up" or cheat day to keep your metabolism from slowing down. If I do cheat when I'm not supposed to, the following day I lower my carbs to 20 or so.

A Big Mac meal is an entire day's worth of calories in one meal. Two hotdogs, same thing. Probably 30gs of fat, 120gs of carbs, and who knows how many calories. Wouldn't be as bad if it was your only meal of the day.

Edit... If you like these fatty foods, check out the Keto diet.
I am guessing you didn't read my normal diet and just focused on the fact I pigged out recently.
I eat junk food about every 2 to 3 weeks. Lately I fucked around and did that. I don't do this every week.
Normal diet is Protein shake with fruits and cereal, nuts or some other little snack, 1 or 2 chicken breast with brown rice and broccoli, yogurt w/ low fat cottage cheese, something small for dinner.

I am not cutting back on carbs or anything else at that really just trying to eat healthier minus the times I cheat and have a cheeseburger. Most people believe in cheating, I was reading The Rock's diet and he says he cheats with Donuts and Pizza. Reason I dont want to do a "cutting" diet is I wont live by that diet for long then when I stop I will blow back up which always happens...I want real life not some fad diet...I am not competing in body building shows.

That being said...
I am down to 247, thats almost 20 lbs in 2 months. I think if I hadnt gone on vacation and thanksgiving I would have made it. So no I am not using cardio to just break even
Old 12-17-2007, 04:01 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by JJ4Short
I am guessing you didn't read my normal diet and just focused on the fact I pigged out recently.
I eat junk food about every 2 to 3 weeks. Lately I fucked around and did that. I don't do this every week.
Normal diet is Protein shake with fruits and cereal, nuts or some other little snack, 1 or 2 chicken breast with brown rice and broccoli, yogurt w/ low fat cottage cheese, something small for dinner.

I am not cutting back on carbs or anything else at that really just trying to eat healthier minus the times I cheat and have a cheeseburger. Most people believe in cheating, I was reading The Rock's diet and he says he cheats with Donuts and Pizza. Reason I dont want to do a "cutting" diet is I wont live by that diet for long then when I stop I will blow back up which always happens...I want real life not some fad diet...I am not competing in body building shows.

That being said...
I am down to 247, thats almost 20 lbs in 2 months. I think if I hadnt gone on vacation and thanksgiving I would have made it. So no I am not using cardio to just break even
That's good progress!

I read your other posts and your diet isn't bad but in my opinion, could be optimized a little.

I think cheating is necessary because dieting lowers the metabolism over time and cheating raises the metabolism and we are all human. If we go super strict all the time, eventually we will crack.

I think your diet is fine for maintaining weight and it's something you could live by for the rest of your life which is very important. The reason I prefer cutting carbs, and I'm not saying anything extreme like Adkins, is the fat melts off very quickly and it's easier to spare the muscle while cutting. I could be overly sensitive to carbs like some people are but I've tried the low fat/higer carb diets and I've even cut calories to 600/day and the best results came from a lower carb diet.

I have a normal metabolism. I put on weight just as fast as anyone else when I eat bad but when I'm done cutting and start eating normal again, the weight doesn't just appear, in fact it takes twice as long to put it back on as it took to lose it. Maintenance is easy, losing it is the hard part. You could lower your carbs slightly for a month, then go back to your current diet for a month, and alternate.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:13 PM
LOLZ McCain Sux

Originally Posted by I hate cars
That's good progress!

I read your other posts and your diet isn't bad but in my opinion, could be optimized a little.

I think cheating is necessary because dieting lowers the metabolism over time and cheating raises the metabolism and we are all human. If we go super strict all the time, eventually we will crack.

I think your diet is fine for maintaining weight and it's something you could live by for the rest of your life which is very important. The reason I prefer cutting carbs, and I'm not saying anything extreme like Adkins, is the fat melts off very quickly and it's easier to spare the muscle while cutting. I could be overly sensitive to carbs like some people are but I've tried the low fat/higer carb diets and I've even cut calories to 600/day and the best results came from a lower carb diet.

I have a normal metabolism. I put on weight just as fast as anyone else when I eat bad but when I'm done cutting and start eating normal again, the weight doesn't just appear, in fact it takes twice as long to put it back on as it took to lose it. Maintenance is easy, losing it is the hard part. You could lower your carbs slightly for a month, then go back to your current diet for a month, and alternate.
Maybe I will try that. I am endo mesic so I tend to have a lot of muscle and a decent amount of fat. BUT when I stop eating right I gain weight in days, literally. I can sometimes feel fat coming back on. So I am a bit paranoid and whenever I do eat bad foods I double up my workout the next day.

I am trying to lose 47 more lbs...ideal size is 200-210, I have a 34 inch waist when I am that size, right now I am about 37-38 inch waist

I would love to cut carbs but I am so paranoid about stopping, eating normally, and the fat flooding on.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:19 PM
Team Owner

Maybe I will try that. I am endo mesic so I tend to have a lot of muscle and a decent amount of fat. BUT when I stop eating right I gain weight in days, literally. I can sometimes feel fat coming back on. So I am a bit paranoid and whenever I do eat bad foods I double up my workout the next day.

I am trying to lose 47 more lbs...ideal size is 200-210, I have a 34 inch waist when I am that size, right now I am about 37-38 inch waist

I would love to cut carbs but I am so paranoid about stopping, eating normally, and the fat flooding on.
I totally understand. That's why I would never suggest one of the "extreme" diets. That's when you get the quick weight gain when you go back to eating normal. Try cutting 20% of your carbs and see where that gets you. As long as you go back to the diet you're on now, there's no way you will put on weight.

For what it's worth, I've doubled my bodyfat in a month . Sure was fun lol. I tend to eat bad when I'm happy, sad, depressed, etc. I try to focus on a short term goal to keep motivation up whether a pool event, photo shoot, or the powerlifting competition I just entered. It's too hard for me to meet a yearly goal without having several short term goals to get me through.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:54 PM
That's Racist

Just wanted to stop by and say hello and good luck .

when's the weight training coming into the equation JJ?

again, good luck through the new year. Gonna be a lot of partying this weekend
Old 12-29-2007, 05:08 PM
LOLZ McCain Sux

I am down to 245 right now which is good and I mostly lift weights.
I do cardio but not as much.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:30 PM
That's Racist

I am down to 245 right now which is good and I mostly lift weights.
I do cardio but not as much.
must have missed that part =/. lol. don't party too hard this weekned; hit it hard next week
Old 01-05-2008, 02:16 PM
Feenin on some 20's

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
so you lose weight by only lifting?

and goodlluck bro! I knwo you can do it.. I'm tryna bulk up here and it's REAL difficult for a skinnny dude..

i am 5'6" 134lbs... go figure, lol...

Keep progressing!
Old 01-25-2008, 03:40 PM
LOLZ McCain Sux

Say hello to Mr Platuea
I haven't been working out as much, down to 3 to 2 days a week with no real excuse other then stress of not having a JOB and wondering who is gonna call me back first I am at 248 right now...was at 245
I have 52 days to lose 18 lbs. so I need to get my ass in gear.
Old 01-25-2008, 04:22 PM
Go Giants

Received 1,236 Likes on 825 Posts
How's your waste size? Pants fitting?
Old 01-25-2008, 04:33 PM
LOLZ McCain Sux

Originally Posted by Whiskers
How's your waste size? Pants fitting?
was 40, now 37 (38 is loose, 36 is tight) Went down a shirt size as well.
But I can feel fat on my body when I gain it, so its a big reminder
Old 01-25-2008, 04:39 PM
Go Giants

The best thing to do during a plateu is to judge your weight only on how you feel and how your clothes fit....Keep eating right and exercising and it will catch up...
Old 02-08-2008, 01:54 PM
LOLZ McCain Sux

Broke the plateau and now down to 242...have to be 230 by March 13th. Cheated today and had a 1 pound burger
Old 02-08-2008, 05:14 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
^ Just take a lb's worth of crap. Which isn't that hard.

lol just kidding.

Good luck.

I need to get back in shape myself.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:31 PM
That's Racist

Broke the plateau and now down to 242...have to be 230 by March 13th. Cheated today and had a 1 pound burger
awesome. sounds like a real and legitimate cheat to me.

cheating once in awhile is good, but when someone tells me they had brown rice, tuna, and a sweet potato as a cheat meal... it scares me.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:30 PM
LOLZ McCain Sux

245 lbs

Actually kind of surprised I didn't blow up. I have been balancing eating and working out to the point that I didn't blow up 20 lbs like I normally do when I stop working out. I am back on the wagon, eating well, working out. Hopefully I can lose another 20 lbs in the next 3 months.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:36 PM
Go Giants

Stay away from the Mickey Waffles...
Old 05-20-2008, 04:33 PM
LOLZ McCain Sux

Originally Posted by Whiskers
Stay away from the Mickey Waffles...
I forgot about vacation, it will be the ultimate test of strength!
Old 05-20-2008, 05:29 PM
Team Owner

Received 3,864 Likes on 2,031 Posts
I forgot about vacation, it will be the ultimate test of strength!
This'll help:

Stay away from the $20 per serving Mickey Waffles.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:46 PM
LOLZ McCain Sux

I stayed away from mickey waffles but I got introduced to Hooters wings

LOL well stuff has changed. I wanted to be in shape for vanity so it was never that big of a push because for some reason chicks still dig me even though I am a chubster, cute chicks too that are like skinny and tall and shit, its bananas.

Well I got my cholesterol test back and I am at 287mg :wow:

That is stroke/heart attack area so now I have to really watch what I eat and do the right thing. This is kind of scary because I was doing research and they said with it that high I could have a heart attack or stroke at any moment. I am going to go pick up some fish oil pills and some whole grains.

I am 5 lbs heavier so right back at 250 lbs. when if I would have stayed on this I would be about 190 lbs.

To Whiskers, how many times did you try to lose weight before you did?
Old 08-14-2008, 07:56 PM
Go Giants

I lost a good deal of weight in college (down to about 180 as well), then put it all on after college. I don't really remember making a true effort to loose it again until 3 years ago....
Old 08-14-2008, 08:46 PM
Team Owner

Holy shit that's some high cholesterol. Mine was sub 160 last time it was checked. You need a major change of diet and to get back on an exercise program. Girls (tall & cute, short & mutated, doesn't matter) don't dig corpses.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:53 AM
LOLZ McCain Sux

James Dean doesnt get any ass?

Yeah I was down to 189 in college and gained it back plus 25 more. I tend to lift/run for 2 months then quit but this time I am actually scared for my life so I am hoping its a bit different and don't fall off the wagon
Old 08-15-2008, 08:14 AM
Team Owner

the cholestorol may be tied to weight plus other factors -- you might want to see a doc to see if you need medication plus diet/exercise to get it out of the danger territory.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:22 AM
LOLZ McCain Sux

yea that might be true since I normally eat fried nothing. My parents don't fry food, don't eat pork, etc and neither do I. I eat about as much bad food as anyone else (once or twice a week). Even when I was 189 I was close to 200mg cholesterol level.