Health & Fitness You're fat. Get skinny…

I'm tired of Muscle Milk...

Old 01-20-2005, 01:57 AM
werd

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by RMATIC09
My PW drink includes
2 scoops optimum whey
1 cup oatmeal
1/2 banana
water/ice
mmmm that sounds good. what about milk instead of water?

why low insulin? diabetes? or is there an efficiency reason?
Old 01-20-2005, 01:59 AM
werd

Originally Posted by MikeyTampa
50 mg Ephedra (stockpile of 9 bottles, FUCK THE FDA) :clenches chest:
1 Aspirin
3 Flax Seed Oil soft gels
1 Caffeine Pill
=
My get cut or literally die trying cocktail

Take that 2 times a day

I am a b

you're serious. heh

how long are you planning to keep that up? that sounds intense!
Old 01-20-2005, 02:02 AM
LOLZ McCain Sux

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by amisconception
you're serious. heh

how long are you planning to keep that up? that sounds intense!
for about 4 months with breaks off and on of course
Old 01-20-2005, 02:05 AM
werd

trying to get cut?
Old 01-20-2005, 02:07 AM
LOLZ McCain Sux

trying to get cut?
Yeah, I already bench in the high 200's to 300 lbs on a good day. So all I need to do is loose my fat ass gut I gained from not running and eathing at 2 am for the past year.
Old 01-20-2005, 02:08 AM
LOLZ McCain Sux

BTW
Old 01-20-2005, 06:52 AM
JnC
Former Sponsor

Received 351 Likes on 227 Posts
Isopure , hands down.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:07 AM
Revelation 3:15-17

Informative thread.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:20 AM
Road Rage

Originally Posted by ou sig
50 grams is WAY too much to have at one time...your body will only absorb like half that at once. The rest will turn into a big ass turd before you know it. 25-30 grams is a good serving

though Isopure is one of the best proteins out there...along with Prosource Nitro Whey

Don't quote me on this, but Ive been told that theory that your body can only handle 25-30 grams of protein at a time is a myth.

I read in several magazines ( not advertisements ) that the theory is just a myth and you can handle up to that amount, i read somehwere like 1 gram of protein per pound in your body if you want to gain lots of mass. Also, conidering the biggest meal should be post workout, I don't see anything wrong with taking in 50 grams of protein immediatly after having a hard work out.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:25 AM
Race Director

http://www.vitasprings.com/vasopro-ephedrine-hcl.html

Its made for people with asthma but it is pure ephedrine. I have done a lot of research on it and from bodybuilding.com message board and my personal use it works fine. Instead of using Xenadrine you can order the pure stuff and try it yourself. You can find it online for $8 a bottle and what I did was stock up on them for now while they are off the ban list. You can even buy them on Amazon.com. But if you want to do reasearch go right ahead cause they talk about it on a lot of fitness boards and in articles.

thats the same exact i have. I pay 7 dollars a bottle. Its the pure form, and you can stack it any way you will.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:26 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by zigzagzig
cookies & cream muscle milk taste > *

but I must say it's a little expensive. locally about $22-23 for a 2lb. tub, whereas I just picked up a 5lb. tub of Optimum Nutrition's Cookies and Cream for $27. Even though it tastes like shit (shoulda gotten the chocolate), it's pretty light and easy to mix. Goes down easy. But while we're on the topic. You guys are really dedicated to the whole strict diet thing. I dunno about all that dextrose, maltodextrose, etc. All I do is watch what I eat, drink a protein shake after my workout and in the morning and I'm set. Four years ago I weighed 188lbs. and struggled to put up 100lb on the bench. I lost 28 pounds of that in six months from dedicated lifting and diet-monitoring. I was toning for the first 3 years, but now I'm trying to bulk up. Currently, I'm 6'0" 175lbs., 265 bench max, 40 pound dumbbell curls, 165 military press, 315 squats(just started, but still pretty sad), etc. Hopefully, my recent maxing out and protein intake can take me a little further. But shoulder injury's been a bitch.
I'm just here to stand out from a crowd of small, short, asian men.

Glad to hear your hitting it strong To gain weight/muscle, you must consume more calories then your body burns. Keep the food sources clean, and youll be packing on lean muscle in no time.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:35 AM
Race Director

mmmm that sounds good. what about milk instead of water?

why low insulin? diabetes? or is there an efficiency reason?

One of the main ways to stay lean, is to keep your insluin levels low.
At least, it's a very supported topic.

Every carbohydrate, has a certain GI , ( how it places on the glycemic index), in other words, how it effects your insulin.

Esentially, the greater the effect, or the higher the spike, the more fat suppousdly your body will be told to store.

For example, sugar, starchy foods, high fructose corn syrup, the more you see of this stuff in the ingredients, the further away from you should want to be.
White potatos, pastas, fruit drinks, most of all the "junk" food, even if it is "low fat", or "low carb", the GI is usually still HI, and they just add chemicals, or "sugar alcohols" as a substitute.

Carbs are not the enemey, its all about choosing the correct types of carbos.

Personally, i eat esentially the same thing everyday.

Heres the list i generally have
Protein Source:
Tuna fish-low sodium
Chicken Breast
Cottage Cheese
Sirloin lean cut Steak
Turkey Colecute from the deli-low sodium
Egg whites
Protein Shake

Carbs:
Old Fashioned Oatmeal
Organic Bread
Yams/Sweet Potatos
100 Percent organic whole weat pasta
Brown Rice
Fiber One

And for Fats
Fish Oil's
Natural PB
Flax

I also read a while ago about mixing certain foods.

I try to only mix Protein/carbs or protein/fats, and try to avoid a high carb/high fat meal.

Reason for this is that, ones body prefers carbs as a number one energy source, so eating a high carb/high fat meal, your body will utilize the carbs as energy, but since having no need for the fats, store it for a later time.

Once again, just something i read, but stuck to it.

By the way, for those looking to gain, Creatine is still one of the best supplements out there, just of course do some medical checks (just a warning, i never did) . Theres even some new stuff, that does even cause the body to retain water.

Hope the post helped
Old 01-20-2005, 07:39 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by SportShiftTypeS
Don't quote me on this, but Ive been told that theory that your body can only handle 25-30 grams of protein at a time is a myth.

I read in several magazines ( not advertisements ) that the theory is just a myth and you can handle up to that amount, i read somehwere like 1 gram of protein per pound in your body if you want to gain lots of mass. Also, conidering the biggest meal should be post workout, I don't see anything wrong with taking in 50 grams of protein immediatly after having a hard work out.

It's a debated topic. Yea, the general rule of thumb is 1 gram of protein per body weight.

Another general, of course, very very general, is if your looking to cut, consume your bodyweightx 10 in calories, maintain, 12xyour bodyweight, and bulk 15xbodyweight, but once again, thats a very general statement.

Post workout isant so much about eating alot, but about eating the right things. 25+ grams of protein, around 50+ grams of carbs , then 1-2 hours later, another protein source with a low GI carbohydrate.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:20 AM
TSX User

Me too
I still got the muscle but its not cute with fat on top of it.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:45 AM
Suzuka Master

It's a debated topic. Yea, the general rule of thumb is 1 gram of protein per body weight.

Another general, of course, very very general, is if your looking to cut, consume your bodyweightx 10 in calories, maintain, 12xyour bodyweight, and bulk 15xbodyweight, but once again, thats a very general statement.

Post workout isant so much about eating alot, but about eating the right things. 25+ grams of protein, around 50+ grams of carbs , then 1-2 hours later, another protein source with a low GI carbohydrate.
It's funny I've always based my diet from what I've heard...

12xbw for cutting, 15xbw for maintaining, 18xbw for bulking.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:14 AM
Revelation 3:15-17

Originally Posted by Katana18
Divine's man milk?

Old 01-20-2005, 10:34 AM
I

Received 58 Likes on 24 Posts
I agree with Optimum. I usually don't like strawberry, but in this case, it's the best!

I drink about 46 g of protien (2 scoops) 3 times a day between regular meals, which would add up to 6 meals a day. I start the day off with one in the morning, and end it with one before bed.

It would kind of go like this:

Work out in the morning.

Optimum Shake

Breakfast (usually something with carbs and oatmeal)

Lunch (Chicken, Tuna and other meats and vegetables...)

Optiimum Shake

Dinner (Same as lunch)

Optimum Shake

I do this at least 5 times a week.

Last edited by FastAcura; 01-20-2005 at 10:39 AM.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:47 AM
giggity giggity giggity

I think the amount of protein you are taking depends on a lot of factors such as your weight and how much you have been lifting...

I myself take GNC Pro Performance 20g 100% Whey Protein, vanilla flavored. I have gotten used to the taste and don't find it to be bad at all. If I am really drained, I'll throw in some ice cream and a little vanilla syrup and down that..

I also take GNC Pro Performance Elite Creadrive. It has 34 grams of carbs and 5.25g creatine per serving. It is fruit punch flavored and tastes awesome.

Anymore though, I just take the creatine and no protein because I load up on protein and low fat, high carb foods after I eat. Only if Im not gonna really eat do I take the whey. I have been lifting 4-5x week for about 4 months now and have gained 15lbs and increased my muscle mass tremendously. My strength has more than doubled, but I dont know my BMI or any of that stuff. I am going to get that done some time soon. I wouldnt be surprised if it isnt too great because the food here at school sucks.
Old 01-20-2005, 04:03 PM
LOUD NOISES!!

Since i have finished grad school and moved home i have put on a ton of weight thanks to home cooked meals and binge drinking most nights with the crew. I have continued to go to the gym most of the time, but stopped taking supplements, and now all i do is lift instead of doing the cardio. From college rugby i was a brick shithouse, now i am just an old out of school athlete that has the gut and is still strong just not in any shape. any tips for getting back into the whole supplement thing?
Old 01-20-2005, 04:16 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^
my top supplements are: whey protein, maltodextrin, dextrose, glutamine, ZMA, and creatine.
specifically, I would buy everything separately, don't get any "weight gainer 3000" crap.

I buy all my supplements from 1fast400.com

for more info on supplements and training in general, check out www.abcbodybuilding.com
Old 01-20-2005, 04:20 PM
I spend 2 much time here

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts
pro complex
Old 01-20-2005, 04:35 PM
///////////

slightly off topic, but....
really, how important are protein shakes to your diet? For example, if you had two genetically identicle twins, and they were both the same weight, ate the exact same diet, exact same workout program, etc etc, and only one of them consumed protein shakes after workouts, how much different would the gains in muscle mass be?
Old 01-20-2005, 06:39 PM
whoXwanXsum

Pro V 60
Old 01-20-2005, 08:20 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by alpswd
really, how important are protein shakes to your diet? For example, if you had two genetically identicle twins, and they were both the same weight, ate the exact same diet, exact same workout program, etc etc, and only one of them consumed protein shakes after workouts, how much different would the gains in muscle mass be?

It really depends what the other teen was eating in replace of the shake.

Ppl think shakes are steroids, its just a fast easy quick absorbing way to get protein.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:56 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by alpswd
Well think about old school Body Builders, did they have protein shakes?
Old 01-20-2005, 08:58 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by rise
^
my top supplements are: whey protein, maltodextrin, dextrose, glutamine, ZMA, and creatine.
specifically, I would buy everything separately, don't get any "weight gainer 3000" crap.

I buy all my supplements from 1fast400.com

for more info on supplements and training in general, check out www.abcbodybuilding.com
That's a great site...I use to order stuff off of there all the time until, I found a local place about the same prices. If you really wanna put on some mass you can do what my friend just ordered off of there, (IM NOT SAYING THIS IS GOOD TO DO) but probally the safest anabolic cycle out there.

1 AD
4 AD
6 OXO

All pill form, good for about 10-15lb gain of course with a good diet.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:03 PM
Suzuka Master

It really depends what the other teen was eating in replace of the shake.

Ppl think shakes are steroids, its just a fast easy quick absorbing way to get protein.
Exactly. People think Protein Shakes, are like steroid liquid. Our body actually perfers whole food over protein shakes any day of the week. The only thing that it is good for is PWO because of how fast it gets absorbed. But I'm sure if you were to eat 6 egg whites after a workout, there would be no difference. It's mostly just a modern convience, more then anything.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:05 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by FastAcura
I agree with Optimum. I usually don't like strawberry, but in this case, it's the best!

I drink about 46 g of protien (2 scoops) 3 times a day between regular meals, which would add up to 6 meals a day. I start the day off with one in the morning, and end it with one before bed.

It would kind of go like this:

Work out in the morning.

Optimum Shake

Breakfast (usually something with carbs and oatmeal)

Lunch (Chicken, Tuna and other meats and vegetables...)

Optiimum Shake

Dinner (Same as lunch)

Optimum Shake

I do this at least 5 times a week.
Don't you mean...

Breakfast (usually something with Protein and oatmeal)
Old 01-20-2005, 09:06 PM
Suzuka Master

Who else thinks there should be a diet/fitness section of ramblings? Seems to be soo many posts.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:07 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by r0dxx
Don't you mean...

Breakfast (usually something with Protein and oatmeal)

Yea im sure

Unless, he has special oatmeal
Old 01-20-2005, 09:09 PM
Suzuka Master

heheh just wanted to correct it didnt want someone just eating Bread and Oatmeal for breakfast. Actually once in a while I just have oatmeal and throw in a cup of milk and protein powder. I eat the oats uncooked like cereal
Old 01-20-2005, 09:11 PM
Race Director

Who else thinks there should be a diet/fitness section of ramblings? Seems to be soo many posts.

we can be mods!
Old 01-20-2005, 09:12 PM
Race Director

heheh just wanted to correct it didnt want someone just eating Bread and Oatmeal for breakfast. Actually once in a while I just have oatmeal and throw in a cup of milk and protein powder. I eat the oats uncooked like cereal

me too.

Some milk, oatmeal, and some splenda, hell tastes good.

We seem to share similar recipes.

You ever put tuna and cottage cheese together

Not the best tasting thing. Neither is PB and tuna.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:17 PM
TSX User

Are these protein shakes good even if you don't pump serious iron? For example, after regular exercise session on a treadmill, bike, elliptical machine etc etc.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:24 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by TinkyWinky
Are these protein shakes good even if you don't pump serious iron? For example, after regular exercise session on a treadmill, bike, elliptical machine etc etc.
Yeah! Protein Shakes are great for after a cardio session, because your body is in a catabolic state, and the protein shake will get you into a positive balance.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:25 PM
Suzuka Master

me too.

Some milk, oatmeal, and some splenda, hell tastes good.

We seem to share similar recipes.

You ever put tuna and cottage cheese together

Not the best tasting thing. Neither is PB and tuna.
LOL! Your like my long lost twin...I had milk, oatmeal, and splenda this morning!! With some egg whites and 1 real egg. Ewwwww never did tuna, and cottage cheese. But I'm about to eat my daily CC and PB meal.
Old 05-04-2005, 03:49 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Thought I'd bump this.

There is some pretty good info in here.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:28 PM
Banned

LOL! Your like my long lost twin...I had milk, oatmeal, and splenda this morning!! With some egg whites and 1 real egg. Ewwwww never did tuna, and cottage cheese. But I'm about to eat my daily CC and PB meal.
I throw down on oatmeal, splenda and cinnamon all the time - really good shit. Might add some Mootopia milk to liven it up. Steel cut oats are also awesome - they have a different flavor than quick oats.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:34 PM
nader-tsx

just to get back on topic, I'm currently using Optimum 100% whey. You should be able to get a 5lbs supply for ~$30 which is a great deal. Plus, you can know how good the protein is by how easily it mixes in with the milk/water/etc...that you stir it in. The optimum mixes very easily and is a very good protein for the buck. If you don't mind spending a little more money and are trying to gain a lot of lean mass, I'd suggest Nitro-Tech.

thats just my input.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:37 PM
Banned

The only MRPs I have ever used are Metrx, Lean Body and Biotest GROW! - all three are quality MRPs in my opinion. I have never used whey - no reason in particular. Might play around with it when I look to add 5-7 lbs of muscle. But I am a firm believer in whole foods over powders.

Quick Reply: I'm tired of Muscle Milk...