AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   Health & Fitness (https://acurazine.com/forums/health-fitness-34/)
-   -   Im still fat(according to OP) (https://acurazine.com/forums/health-fitness-34/im-still-fat-according-op-362531/)

Mizouse 04-02-2007 10:03 PM

Im still fat(according to OP)

well the thread says it all

i remember saying almost a year ago that i was going to get into shape and start up a routine and this and that to do it

well that obviously didnt happen

well this time i am going to do it!
going to go hit up the gym after my 10pm class tonight

ill let you guys know how well im doing in a week

sonnyg80 04-02-2007 10:09 PM

get skinny :shrug:

good luck man, just stay focused and remind yourself of your goals :thumbsup:

The Dougler 04-02-2007 10:24 PM

I'm still fat too, I feel your pain brotha!

iamhomin 04-02-2007 10:30 PM

And a year later, you'll be asking yourself if you'll really lose weight.

Posting a thread of your intention is a big indication that it derived more from your emotions that your actual determination, IMHO.

TypeSAddict 04-02-2007 10:30 PM

Good deal Mizouse! May I encourage you to consider trying the following program:

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

I started it on January 27th, and this week I will be finishing the program running my first 5k nonstop. It really works! I could barely run for 90 seconds straight when I started.

ViperrepiV 04-02-2007 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by iamhomin
And a year later, you'll be asking yourself if you'll really lose weight.

Posting a thread of your intention is a big indication that it derived more from your emotions that your actual determination, IMHO.

wah wah wah

fuckin debbie downer

cM3go 04-02-2007 10:53 PM

getting to the gym is not all you need. Eating like shit and going to the gym will not get you anywhere. Make sure you are eating properly and have a balanced workout. Good luck!

Lister00169 04-02-2007 11:50 PM

Start out easy. Don't go too hard and then decide it's too much for you.

I suggest you do 20 mins on the eliptical, then do some free weights. Key thing: Don't go too nuts on the cardio and watch what you eat, but make sure you eat!

Starving yourself is not the way to go.

Good luck bro :thumbsup:

Schizm 04-03-2007 01:11 AM

nutrition, nutrition, nutrition. Make sure you intake less than your burn off. Preferable intake more protein than fat of carbs. But burning more than your intake is the key.

Work your ass off.

Whiskers 04-03-2007 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by Mizouse
well the thread says it all

i remember saying almost a year ago that i was going to get into shape and start up a routine and this and that to do it

well that obviously didnt happen

well this time i am going to do it!
going to go hit up the gym after my 10pm class tonight

ill let you guys know how well im doing in a week

For each pound you gain, I will neg rep you.....

Costco 04-03-2007 03:41 AM

I heard sex burns a lot of calories. :whistle:

MikeCLS6 04-03-2007 05:54 AM

^^Actually i think i read somewhere that it is the #1 calorie burner/per minute or whatever

Whiskers 04-03-2007 06:36 AM

Wacking doesn't count...

svtmike 04-03-2007 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by MikeCLS6
^^Actually i think i read somewhere that it is the #1 calorie burner/per minute or whatever

Not even close - which is good for Mizouse. Get off your ass, get out there and start working out. Thinking about it isn't going to make anything happen. Get a workout partner if you need motivational assistance.

sonnyg80 04-03-2007 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Whiskers
Wacking doesn't count...

only for forearm workout days though

Whiskers 04-03-2007 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by sonnyg80
only for forearm workout days though

So thats why my right arm looks like Popeye's....

sonnyg80 04-03-2007 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Whiskers
So thats why my right arm looks like Popeye's....

:snicker: you forgot to switch off

JT Money 04-03-2007 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by I Go To Costco
I heard sex burns a lot of calories.

Like I said too many blow jobs are bad :rofl:

I was in your spot about 2 months ago. I started working out and eating better (no strict diet, just no fast food and balanced meals). So far I have lost 15lbs and gained some muscle. You will feel and look so much better. Just get your ass in the gym!!!

danny25 04-03-2007 09:31 AM

here's some motivation to keep it up.

check out the dramatic changes in just the first few months. It's possible, just don't quit.

https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/so-when-did-steroids-kick-362496/

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...eenShot022.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...eenShot023.jpg

Mizouse 04-03-2007 12:37 PM

i dont eat fast food anymore so that helps, my diet usually consists of special K cereal w/ non fat milk, then a turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread and for dinner i usually bake a chicken wing or fish with a small bowl of rice and some vegetables

and yea i remember that thread, thats crazy progress for only 8 months

Costco 04-04-2007 12:31 AM

On a serious note, good job. Remember to balance out your meals, eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner so that your metabolism doesn't slow down. I used to only eat a snack and then dinner, which made my metabolism slow to a crawl in anticipation of the one meal of the day.

I lost about 20 pounds since I joined the gym 4 months ago. I didn't avoid fast foods at all, but I did eat oatmeal, did a lot of cardio and supported it with working out, balanced out my portions as evenly as possible in my meals, and I also ate multiple meals per day, and plenty of fluids (not soda) helps. Staying up really late helps too. And so does having a job. Whiskers lost weight by not having a job, but going to work made me lose some pounds for sure.

Usually I spend 30-40 minutes hitting the weights and 15-20 on a treadmill/elliptical. Wear a sweater while you're running. Having a workout partner(s) helps too, keeps you and each other motivated.

danny25 04-04-2007 10:04 AM

Wear a sweater while you're running.

He's not trying to make weight for something. Wearing a sweater will just make you sweat out water weight. That's not really beneficial in the long run. :2cents:

Costco 04-04-2007 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by danny25
He's not trying to make weight for something. Wearing a sweater will just make you sweat out water weight. That's not really beneficial in the long run. :2cents:

Just curious, could you explain why its not beneficial? I didn't think it would be doing me any harm. I usually try to stay hydrated at the gym and sweat it out by wearing sweatpants and a sweater.

phile 04-04-2007 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by danny25
here's some motivation to keep it up.

check out the dramatic changes in just the first few months. It's possible, just don't quit.

That looks gross.

Mizouse 04-04-2007 07:42 PM

I'm actually surprised i can still run a mile in 10 minutes, i was thinking it would take me 15+

danny25 04-04-2007 09:09 PM

Just curious, could you explain why its not beneficial? I didn't think it would be doing me any harm. I usually try to stay hydrated at the gym and sweat it out by wearing sweatpants and a sweater.

I don't think it will harm you, unless you don't rehydrate enough, but making yourself sweat more doesn't translate to burning more calories.
But honestly, I've never tried it myself, I've just known it to be a technique to make weight for something by temporarily losing water weight.

Someone correct me if I'm off base here.

JT Money 04-04-2007 10:42 PM

You are on the base.

johnniewalker 04-05-2007 12:20 AM

we are rooting for you!

youngTL 04-13-2007 06:44 PM

Keep at it.

Fitness is a lifestyle change, not something you do just to get in shape.

She-L-S 04-13-2007 08:16 PM

Definitely not worth it. All you're doing is losing water weight by sweating a lot, and you'll gain it back as soon as you drink a glass of water again. All you're doing is increasing your risk of hyperthermia.

Mizouse 04-13-2007 08:30 PM

im still working on it, i went to the gym all week and ran about 2-3 miles and then 30-40minutes of elliptical. i feel the hardest part for me to make changes to is my eating habits, because there are times where i get lazy and dont buy groceries and just eat out, which i know is bad for me.

She-L-S 04-13-2007 09:31 PM

It's the hardest, but also the most important! You can run all you want, but if you're still eating too many calories, the weight will never come off. You can do it...really! If I (a food-lover to the extreme) can force myself to eat healthy, anyone can! The key is just to plan your meals ahead of time. If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail! Also, write up a (healthy) grocery list before you go, and ONLY let yourself buy the things on your list.

asianspec 04-14-2007 02:56 AM

dude i need a workout partner but your too far. damnit :whyme:

pttl 04-14-2007 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by She-L-S
Definitely not worth it. All you're doing is losing water weight by sweating a lot, and you'll gain it back as soon as you drink a glass of water again. All you're doing is increasing your risk of hyperthermia.

:agree:
Plus muscle is approx. 75% water, so they NEED water to operate properly and grow. :2cents:

GumbyCLS 04-27-2007 05:29 PM

It's not benificial, in that that sweat is just water weight- and not fat. Sure you temporarly loose weight AKA water, but once you replenish you system OMG the weight is back. You need to get a body fat analysis and start judging your body from body fatness and not weight- since weight is all realitive.

Mizouse 05-08-2007 10:03 PM

so i have been keeping up working out about 4times a week, although 1 of those 4 days is a hip hop dance class.

my diet, it has gotten better recently but still not the way i would like. i think the key for me would be to work on my diet better and running longer and doing more elliptical, and start lifting weights

i don't really feel thou I've lost any weight but i don't know for certain because i haven't weighed myself.

wndrlst 05-08-2007 10:25 PM

Have you taken any body measurements to track? Do you feel as though you have more stamina or strength? Do your clothes fit the same?

Even if you don't know for sure if you've lost any weight, the exercise IS good for you, and it is making you a healthier person. Be patient and keep up the good work.

As for your diet, any improvement is good. Small steps in the right direction are still good steps. Keep working on it.

:thumbsup:

MikeCLS6 05-09-2007 05:43 AM

Your not going to see much of a difference quickly....I usually dont notice results from weightlifting or weightloss for like a month after i start...

Newplay1 05-09-2007 10:24 AM

If you want to just lose 10-20lbs you can try eating half of what you used to eat. And maybe 45mins of treadmill after lunch. And of course no booze~

GINge! 05-09-2007 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by TypeSAddict
Good deal Mizouse! May I encourage you to consider trying the following program:

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

I started it on January 27th, and this week I will be finishing the program running my first 5k nonstop. It really works! I could barely run for 90 seconds straight when I started.

Thanks for that link. I am just coming off PT, after undergoing double ankle surgeries and 3 years without any running. That plan looks to be a nicely graduated program. My 2 month goal is 5km non stop as per the plan, and a three month goal of 6km in 25 mins.