Health & Fitness You're fat. Get skinny…

Finally got back today.

Old 02-03-2006, 02:58 PM
The Third Ball

Received 5,079 Likes on 2,696 Posts
Finally got back today.

I haven't been to the gym in months.

Between tons of works piling up Nov/Dec...a trip overseas, catching the flu, going to NYC, and then getting a cold...I just haven't been able to go.

On top of that my membership expired in Dec...and I didn't have the cash to pay it til now anyway.

Now...Abreece may think I'm just making excuses But when you work in film and you are set for 12+ hours a day, not including travel time. Last thing you want to do is go to the gym. Especially, if you work with cameras and you are on your feet 90% of that time and carrying heavy ass gear around.

My saving grace was two weeks in London where I was walking several miles a day..and the same in NYC...not AS much walking, but a lot more then usual.

So, I finally got back in and did 25 minutes on the elliptical, some abs, and chest with a little tris thrown in. Stretched out and called it a day.

It felt really good to be back. I didn't have the rush or exhiliration I sometimes get...but I havent had that in a year anyway...it comes and goes at this point.

I am going to be sore tomorrow as I did push myself with some of my sets. But at the same time...I have to rebuild and get back to where I was.

That is the one thing that sucks about my not being able to work out when I have gigs...I'm always building up....just to have to build back up again.

Luckily, since I have been doing this for several years now...I'll be back to where I was in another week or two provided I am able to get to the gym on a regular basis. Which is good and bad. Bad, because it means I'm not getting the work I need to be getting.

Now, I'm debating about letting myself heal tomorrow...or going again and doing shoulders/bis....

I guess we'll see how sore I am.
Old 02-03-2006, 04:37 PM
Drive FAst and Swirve

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would suggest going back and doing some light sets or at leats a bit of cardio. That way you'll get the blood circulating through your muscles and help break down some lactic acid buildup.......

On another note, I read in Muscle&Fitness(<---i think in there) that if you're have a very busy schedule which you obviously do, all it takes to maintain what you've built up is one good day in the gym......now how true this dont know.....anyways good luck
Old 02-03-2006, 04:57 PM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by leolebo28
I would suggest going back and doing some light sets or at leats a bit of cardio. That way you'll get the blood circulating through your muscles and help break down some lactic acid buildup.......

On another note, I read in Muscle&Fitness(<---i think in there) that if you're have a very busy schedule which you obviously do, all it takes to maintain what you've built up is one good day in the gym......now how true this dont know.....anyways good luck
I've maintained for the most part...and read my post I started off with some light cardio. I always stretch before I lift...and anytime I haven't benched for an extended period I always start with just the bar for 12-15 reps and pretend I have heavy weight on them, just a memory/warmup excercise. I'm not perfect, but I have bee lifting for several years
Old 02-04-2006, 05:53 PM
The Third Ball

Felt so good...and super sore...I decided to go back today. I just did a quickie workout, under an hour. A little warm up cardio, some abs, and reallllllly lights shoulders...since front delts are sore from yesterday.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:07 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like a bunch of WHINY EXCUSES to me

Take it slow for the first week or two, let your body get used to working out again. Then dive in head first and start busting your ass.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:51 AM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by ABreece
Take it slow for the first week or two, let your body get used to working out again. Then dive in head first and start busting your ass.
Yeah, I know my tolerances. My main focus my first few times back are proper form.
I usually regain my normal tolerances in the 2nd week, sometimes sooner. Then, I stick with my normals for a week, and start to focus on making gains again.

It really depends on my mood. This past year when I have been able to get on routine. I like to see gains everyweek/everyother week, even if its only 10lbs.

Other times I'll get into cycles where I don't care about gains, I just want to maintain.